Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a great neutrals week and super hosting, thank you!

Apparently, I have neutrals after all ;). As I did start the week by asserting that leopards are a neutral, here’s a couple of mine:

C7B7C6B6-707E-4986-A2A6-187E621A03B7.jpeg
A version of Coco’s double wrap (with a mother of pearl chain d’ancre to secure the two ends together, and using those short tails to knot around behind the long ones)

DEFDFEEF-7DD0-40E4-BC6E-31C0691D6601.jpeg
And my new vert noir :love:

Last edited:
Best interpretation of neutral I've ever seen

I figure a good approach to finding your best neutral scarf in the scarf drawer is to look for the one that goes with the maximum number of pieces in your closet. So here’s my workhorse neutral, today gallantly protecting my complexion from washout by my nicely tailored but pallor-producing asymmetrical blazer.

View attachment 5739001

A huge thank you to @Cookiefiend for Neutrals and Patent-Pending Mixed Neutrals week and to everyone for sharing their beauties and enlarging my color "vocabulary" as it were. I ended the week with some silky existential questions to ponder: does a neutral scarf make a bright top neutral? Does a neutral top make a bright scarf neutral? Hmmm. Its a puzzlement, but a beautiful one to consider!
My closing contribution is also Grail Mail. Here is my new-to-me Dans un Jardin Anglais in a beautiful neutral cw. It has travelled all the way from Switzerland to find a permanent home...(and some equally grail-ly mail arrived in Switzerland for a quite magical scarf trade :heart: ) and thank you to @Coco2606 for advocating powder blue as a neutral.
View attachment 5743153
This color way of Dans un Jardin anglais is magical. I may know who it’s coming from :smile:
Thank you for your kind words and the green top is JCrew.

Reactions: Cookiefiend
I have had the great fortune to acquire La Cite Cavaliere (forgive the lack of French accent marks) in my grail colorwsy from a dear friend. Sending :hugs: to her.
Tied two ways, the first a bias fold and the second, SOTD with my first successful Angel Wing knot! :ty:Used a CdA instead of a trio because my trio isn’t quite big enough. I’m in heaven:hbeat:
View attachment 5743348
View attachment 5743346
It is spectacular and so special with the apricot hem.

• Love
Reactions: Karenska
Today - a few I haven’t shown yet!

Navy is a great neutral - a little softer than black!
Le Sacre Saisons
View attachment 5743529
Tout en Carre
View attachment 5743533
And a couple moussies - cuz they’re my favorites ❤️
New Springs (this thing is amazing)
View attachment 5743532
Soleil
View attachment 5743531
And another surprise newtral in Robe Legere - these flowers glow!
SOTD!
View attachment 5743530
Hugs to you all, I hope you had fun!
These are all amazing and you can wear such a wide variety of colors. Thank you for hosting a wonderful week.

What a fabulous introductory post! That chart with the colors is very helpful. You are so great with neutrals that I know we will all be bedazzled by your offerings this week… Is the last shawl Pegase? It is extraordinary!

Love this calm and cool CW and looks great with the oatmeal sweater

This shawl is amazing… It is the last CSGM to enter my collection and I am in awe of its beauty

Oh my! Fabulosity!

Oh wow! They looks amazing together! Almost seamless!

Such a glorious blend of colors!
Looks amazing on you

My fav CW of this wonderful design

Love this look! Fabulous pattern mixing

My favorite Sintra CW… Such a great pairing with this sweater! I must try to find a top this color to wear with mine

One of H’s best neutral scarves… I love it so much that I own the same CW both as a 90 twill and CSGM… I’ve never paired it with green but just look at how beautiful it looks

Love them both but I’ve always admired that Cavalcadour Fleuri shawl… This is my fav CW

Oh so beautiful! I got the
Brightest CW of this design when it came out but now regret not getting a more subdued CW like your beauty

Perfect scarf for the week’s theme!

It is beautiful and so unique!

Awesome pattern mixing!

Oooh, I love this on you! It is magnificent

So great in these fabulous neutrals

That is simply stunning! I would wear this side all the time

Yes! Denim blue can be a great neutral! Love it with the lovely pearls

So elegant! And, I spy a beautiful little Victorian or Edwardian cameo pin

Each and every one amazing. I am especially smitten by your Orphee… I am in love with the reverse side

All are stunning, jaw-dropping gorgeous

OMG Congrats! It is amazing! Especially striking with that bright green jacket

Another beautiful and stunning parade of amazing neutrals

Ohmigosh. I love them all! But most especially the Art d’Ecrire and how you’ve tied it so cleverly showing the writer!

Love it in this wonderful neutral CW!
Z

Love them all, especially the Miao which I also own… and that precious kitty kat!

Another amazing parade… You inspired me to pursue that glorious Flamingo Party. The Fantaisie Pittoresque and Sunrise moussie are dreamy

Oh my goodness… Gorgeous!

All so fabulous! And such a stunning penannular brooch

Congrats! Made for you

Such a beautiful and elegant CW

Oooh, I had never seen this one before! What a wonderful rarity!

Another one that we twin on… It is stunning

You are killing me! All are amazing! And those scarf drawers!

Glorious shawl
Thank you fifi!

Reactions: Living.la.vida.fifi
There were so many fabulous neutrals here this week!

Here’s my Etude pour une Parure de Gala worn as a belt with a Mors scarf ring.

View attachment 5743544
Fabulous as a belt!

Apparently, I have neutrals after all ;). As I did start the week by asserting that leopards are a neutral, here’s a couple of mine:

View attachment 5743602
A version of Coco’s double wrap (with a mother of pearl chain d’ancre to secure the two ends together, and using those short tails to knot around behind the long ones)

View attachment 5743605
Leopards are absolutely neutral! I think we're twins on the bronze one. :tup:

A belated, but under-the-wire contribution to neutrals week. It's a 90 cm silk/cotton, chaine d'ancre repeat pattern w/contrast brown hem. Not sure of its "proper name"

View attachment 5743606

View attachment 5743607
Perfect neutral and also great pattern mix with the plaid!

Trying to highlight the neutral black and white in Regarde Paris for Theme.
View attachment 5743719
Beautiful Nomad!

Another week has come and gone, and I am officially adopting this as my new weekly MO:

kermit.jpeg

A few neutrals got squeaked in despite all the craziness. Lazy Leopardesses in the bronze colorway with grey and beige accents is perfect. :tup:

lazyneutral.jpg

This warm dusty shade of pink in Zebra Pegasus CSGT is a good neutral pink for me, especially combined with the black and white.

zebraneutral.jpg

And plenty of neutral beige plays off the brighter greens and yellows in Carnaval des Animaux

carnivalneutral.jpg

View attachment 5743602

View attachment 5743605
What a pack! I should buy a second one for the wild meetings. Superb idea !

• Haha
Reactions: Lellabelle
Thank you @Lellabelle, for weighing in. I do feel very comfortable in camel-- my favorite lighter neutral besides light grey. (I don't know what happened to this quote from days ago!)

Thank you @Croisette7.

These are all beautiful-- to me especially the "blah" side of your PeF :lol: -- your Grand Prix that twins with @Lellabelle is fantastic-- I searched for quite awhile after seeing your mod shots @ajaxbreaker! And thank you for the nice remark...

Congratulations-- the only thing better than Scarf Mail is Grail Mail @HermesEchidna!

Thank you! A lucky find as I love the design @Cookiefiend...

Just perfect and tied so artfully to show some green love for St Patrick's Day! Lovely @EtsyBoss.

Very on point-- beautiful choice for the day @renee_nyc!

Love it when you break out the greens @Cookiefiend! Love that CdD more and more every time I see it. Such a fabulous combo with the hem and border...

The shawl is gorgeous @Crosiette7 but I am also in love with the blouse! What a perfect stripe for so many scarves :girlsigh: Just love the styling in your photos as always...

Beautiful @Forever Orange -- we are RdS twins and your Nuees is really gorgeous-- very striking cw.

Beautiful choice @redheaddem -- this particular side is so reminiscent of my pink Faubourg Tropical-- I just love the artistry. Perfect color for you.

All are lovely and I always like your styling @Forever Orange -- your scarves really shine...

Can't see the photo on my screen but I can attest to the fact that it was jaunty and perfectly tied! Glad I got a demonstration @Karenska :winkiss:

All gorgeous-- and many congratulations on your new GTN-- it is lovely on you @Living.la.vida.fifi and as always, thank you!

I adore this design and wish I had this cw also @Maedi-- it is beautiful with the soft green top...and thank you! :hugs:

Thank you @Katharina Luise! It appears that the camel has a slight edge in the polls but I am happy both options work!

Very pretty spring look @Coco2606.

Beautiful-- love this combination and love love love this design @Croisette7! The birds are so beautiful...

I think you look beautiful and I don't see tired at all-- the De la Cavalleria is stunning on you and the gav could not be more charming or perfectly paired-- I love how the pleats in the top echo the graphics in the scarf. Your earrings are always wonderful too. And your pleased-as-punch delightful smile says more about these than anything I could write @Katharina Luise!

All so beautiful. TP is a beautiful green to wear on St Pat’s! I’m seriously falling in love with this design as a moussie 140. Wowza!
Thanks so much for the nice comments and likes

Status
Not open for further replies.