Influencers and Hermes

If you want to be up front about carrying an Hermès interpretation (being generous here…), good luck to you, but IMO you are supporting an exploitative, klept industry. And if you want to pretend you’re carrying the real thing, well…. :tdown: Vigilante/mob justice, which is really all FBS is, is one of the most deeply concerning trends in the social media age. A mature justice system is transparent, evidence-based, open to scrutiny/review and accords due process to the accused. FBS may feel their goals are noble but these other things matter at least as much.

I personally believe if someone is wanting to cast out accusations, that same someone should be willing to put their name behind it so their credentials can be properly evaluated.

"because I said so" isn't a credential. Buying Hermès from the boutique makes you so far from an expert.

Hiding behind fake altruism that you're benefiting society by calling out these people who "influence" others - they doxxed a person with fewer than 2000 followers on Instagram.

It's about personal vendettas, nothing more, and it's about jealousy that others might possibly be perceived to be having the same "elite" item that you yourself want.

Whether the people they're "calling out" have fakes or not is immaterial, really. The motivations behind the page are not pure, and frankly, people who are true Hermès collectors and not simply motivated by keeping the appearance of luxury goods out of people they don't deem "good enough" simply do not have time to be doing something like this.

Mean girls, for the new decade. Not the kind of people I'd want to be associated with, that's for sure.

If you want to be up front about carrying an Hermès interpretation (being generous here…), good luck to you, but IMO you are supporting an exploitative, klept industry. And if you want to pretend you’re carrying the real thing, well…. :tdown: Vigilante/mob justice, which is really all FBS is, is one of the most deeply concerning trends in the social media age. A mature justice system is transparent, evidence-based, open to scrutiny/review and accords due process to the accused. FBS may

feel their goals are noble but these other things matter at least as much.

I like to watch leather craftsmen deconstruct bags and one of them owns a tannery. He has to cut into the handles to see if it’s real leather. Yet somehow TFBS can tell by a photo.

I really think TFBS is actually part of the fake community lol how else would they get all their info off Reddit unless theyre in that community themselves?

What are their credentials?
Yes. If they are so good at identifying fakes, they should open an authentication business instead and everyone is happy.
Why should we trust their 'judgements' about fakes and not? Unless Bababebi is in their team :biggrin:

Same like others: I like the principle but question their motives and method. And lately the stories are just not fun: so many about their 'struggle' with their accounts or vague comments about whether a bag is fake or not (coyly phrased as 'where the bag is from?'). That’s just bullying.

I honestly think each to their own .Who are we to judge what someone is carrying and why . Everyone is an adult and make their own choices .This birkin slayer and moral police is like kindergarten bullying and making people uncomfortable.We already have enough issues in this world than adding another to the mix .live and let live .

If they are falsely accused, they would stand up for themselves and provide receipts? I don’t see this as bullying. If people weren’t wearing fakes and pretending to be someone they’re not, they wouldn’t be ashamed. If you put yourself out there, create an identity of someone who carries these expensive bags, that’s on you. Why is no one upset for the people these posers are lying to. How many young peoples/ impressionable lives are being ruined bc they believe the fake image being portrayed.

I think it’s fair game. You can’t stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.

Last edited:
If they are falsely accused, they would stand up for themselves and provide receipts? I don’t see this as bullying. If people weren’t wearing fakes and pretending to be someone they’re not, they wouldn’t be ashamed. If you put yourself out there, create an identity of someone who carries these expensive bags, that’s on you. Why is no one upset for the people these posers are lying to. How many young peoples/ impressionable lives are being ruined bc they believe the fake image being portrayed.

I think it’s fair game. You can’t stand the heat then stay out of the kitchen.
It’s bullying coz the burden of proof lies with the accused. It’s a different case if the accuser (not anonymous) also provides proof. But innuendos are just creating mobbing mentality.

And who made them sheriffs to police the world?

I completely agree that the fake influencers are also creating problems but this is a free world, (un)fortunately.

It’s bullying coz the burden of proof lies with the accused. It’s a different case if the accuser (not anonymous) also provides proof. But innuendos are just creating mobbing mentality.

And who made them sheriffs to police the world?

I completely agree that the fake influencers are also creating problems but this is a free world, (un)fortunately.
Yes and it’s a free world for TFBS to ask questions

I think if you put yourself out there on the web, you open yourself for criticism, good or bad. If you feel like your bags are real, then you probably would laugh it off or provide receipts. If the bags are not real, then oh well. It comes with the territory.

No one gave TFBS any authority, nor do they have any authority.
They are just one group in a very niche circle.

Last edited:
Is there something wrong with calling a fraud a fraud? I do not get all the hate for the Birkin Slayer. Frauds and liars suck and anybody who tries to monetize their own fraud should be called out. “Oh look at me, I am unremarkable, but if I carry something that looks a lot like a mini Kelly, and say it is a mini Kelly, but I know it isn’t, maybe you will like my picture.“ Thank you Birkin Slayer, my teenage daughter will not buy into that influencer’s bulls… narrative.

Yes and it’s a free world for TFBS to ask questions
They’re not asking questions, they’re implying that the person they’re asking is participating in an illegal activity and/or doing something morally questionable.

When “asking questions” brings real world consequences, you don’t get to say “it’s a free country.”

And it’s not up to the accused to prove they’re innocent in order to protect the reputation that someone else damaged.

The truth is an absolute defense and it goes the other way if they call out the wrong person.

Me personally, doesn’t matter because I don’t post my items on social media but if I did and I had the receipts, I wouldn’t be wasting the time posting a video showing them. Giving these people the time of day legitimizes what they’re doing, and legitimizing vigilantes isn’t in my to-do list.

ETA: so they get to say “we just know it’s fake” and that’s taken at face value but the person they’re accusing has to provide receipts? How about the anonymous vigilantes provide some proof.

Meanwhile the people they’re now posting have such egregiously bad fakes that the argument that they’re protecting from what they’re selling isn’t even valid anymore. It’s not illegal to buy and carry an “inspired by” bag.

Is there something wrong with calling a fraud a fraud? I do not get all the hate for the Birkin Slayer. Frauds and liars suck and anybody who tries to monetize their own fraud should be called out. “Oh look at me, I am unremarkable, but if I carry something that looks a lot like a mini Kelly, and say it is a mini Kelly, but I know it isn’t, maybe you will like my picture.“ Thank you Birkin Slayer, my teenage daughter will not buy into that influencer’s bulls… narrative.
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Took the words right out of my mouth.
Me too. You put yourself out there with fake items, get called out for it, and get upset? Sorry, but the minute you are on social media saying something is true, that is not true, you are basically fair game. That said, if the FBS is calling people names or not correcting themselves when they get it wrong, well then they should be called out for that. They are fair game too. I think the heat from that article must be a wakeup call for them. I can't imagine they knew that the general purse population of PB would be that harsh.