Influencers and Hermes

Me too. You put yourself out there with fake items, get called out for it, and get upset? Sorry, but the minute you are on social media saying something is true, that is not true, you are basically fair game. That said, if the FBS is calling people names or not correcting themselves when they get it wrong, well then they should be called out for that. They are fair game too. I think the heat from that article must be a wakeup call for them. I can't imagine they knew that the general purse population of PB would be that harsh.
More than half the time there’s no logo visible. It’s not illegal to carry an “inspired by” bag and it does not justify the amount of brigading etc this “team” is provoking.

Nobody appointed them the social media police. If you attack someone carrying an unbranded bag, the only egg on anyone’s face is yours for being a jealous person who doesn’t want anyone you’ve deemed “lesser” to have something that looks like your expensive item.

Me too. You put yourself out there with fake items, get called out for it, and get upset? Sorry, but the minute you are on social media saying something is true, that is not true, you are basically fair game. That said, if the FBS is calling people names or not correcting themselves when they get it wrong, well then they should be called out for that. They are fair game too. I think the heat from that article must be a wakeup call for them. I can't imagine they knew that the general purse population of PB would be that harsh.
Me three. If someone is lying to an audience and it’s so visible, why do they deserve protection from being called on their bs? The one who went to PFW and thanked @hermes for their fashion show invite while carrying a fake bag, and then claimed the bag wasn’t fake just because Hermès put a twilly on it was an excellent example of how bold these people are. Personally, I would like to know who these people are so I can block them. I don’t want to unwittingly interact with people like that.

Calling people out and enabling bullying are 2 completely different things. Someone monetizing lies is wrong and should be called out + corrected but that is NEVER deserving of someone living in fear of their safety or something very dangerous happening.

TFBS knows that these people are getting bullied and they aren't saying or doing anything about it. They are enabling.

*edit: the @fakewatchbuster as stated above by @jenayb puts a statement about not condoning bullying on every post where someone is called out.

Last edited:
Calling people out and enabling bullying are 2 completely different things. Someone monetizing lies is wrong and should be called out + corrected but that is NEVER deserving of someone living in fear of their safety or something very dangerous happening.

TFBS knows that these people are getting bullied and they aren't saying or doing anything about it. They are enabling.

*edit: the @fakewatchbuster as stated above by @jenayb puts a statement about not condoning bullying on every post where someone is called out.
Do you really think they have the capacity to read all the comments on the internet? That’s pretty wild. I can’t reply to my own followers on IG or keep up and I have a nano-fraction of followers compared the Fake Birkin Slayer.

More than half the time there’s no logo visible. It’s not illegal to carry an “inspired by” bag and it does not justify the amount of brigading etc this “team” is provoking.

Nobody appointed them the social media police. If you attack someone carrying an unbranded bag, the only egg on anyone’s face is yours for being a jealous person who doesn’t want anyone you’ve deemed “lesser” to have something that looks like your expensive item.
It’s kinda frustrating when well respected companies produce 1:1 copies minus the logo and promote them on their own social media without end though. Especially using the name birkin to ride off of H’s coat tails.

:rolleyes: 445D815A-F6C0-46DD-B7A1-4BC98B2BBC27.jpeg

Do you really think they have the capacity to read all the comments on the internet? That’s pretty wild. I can’t reply to my own followers on IG or keep up and I have a nano-fraction of followers compared the Fake Birkin Slayer.
Not at all. They can, at a minimum, tell people that this is not an attack on the person and to keep comments respectful. There's a whole group of them behind this... do you really think they're unaware of what people might be saying to the accused when they themselves are getting threats?

You said yourself you can't even reply to your own followers.. you're a single person. But look at their stories...they're responding to DMs all day, looking through influencers' posts and reporting them, and constantly sending reports to IG because they can't be public/private or whatever that was. Do you really think that not a single one of them has time to read a couple of comments on a post? And honestly, it doesn't take reading more than a few comments on a few posts to understand that things are getting intense.

Last edited:
It’s kinda frustrating when well respected companies produce 1:1 copies minus the logo and promote them on their own social media without end though. Especially using the name birkin to ride off of H’s coat tails.

:rolleyes: View attachment 5741736
Lawsuit material. If they didn’t receive a cease and desist yet, they should! What part of IP and trademarks do these ”small brands” not understand? If someone copied their work - if they ever had original work - they’d probably want to take action.

Lawsuit material. If they didn’t receive a cease and desist yet, they should! What part of IP and trademarks do these ”small brands” not understand? If someone copied their work - if they ever had original work - they’d probably want to take action.
I’m honestly not sure. Unfortunately IP in fashion isn’t much of a thing and everyone copies everyone. (Using the same name to advertise is just ridiculous and clearly infringing).

Reactions: keodi and 880
It’s not illegal to buy and carry an “inspired by” bag.
No it’s not, and if it were the whole endlessly self-referential fashion business would collapse overnight! :biggrin:

But there’s a difference between “inspired by” and passing off. I don’t see too many poseurs extolling their ”inspired by” bags.

Meta’s own research (according to reports) indicates the serious harm being caused to young girls and women Instagram. The poseurs are playing an active part in that damage by deceptively creating aspirational lifestyle images that they themselves cannot afford.

So I don’t think it’s merely a moral question to call them out, on both counts.

But I still don’t think TFBS-style vigilantism is the way to do it.

Reactions: 880