Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOTD for me is Peuple Du Vent which is full of all range of animal friends, mostly furry though some feathered and some scaled. I could not find a bunny. My favorites on it today are a dog, an organ grinder / working monkey (Monkeys!), and a cat.

My newfie briefly joined me in my office this morning where I have the fireplace cranked because it's such a cold day here. She pressed her nose against the cold window as long as possible before she gave up after about 2 minutes and requested an 'out' to lounge on the freezing cold concrete instead. Thank you for sharing your *gorgeous* colorway of Early America @Croisette7! I always love seeing the girl riding the giant fluffy dog along the border. Newfies must be the dog featured on Early America. It makes me giggle recollecting all the many people who have commented about how you could 'put a saddle on that one!' Newfies are working dogs, bred to rescue people who fell overboard boats in the icy water surrounding Newfoundland, Canada.

And @Snausages! Your field spaniel scarf is another design I always enjoy seeing. My doggo before my newfies was an all black field spaniel. Happy memories!

PeupleDuVent-CowlS.jpg

PeupleDuVent-Dog.jpg

PeupleDuVent-Kitty.jpg

PeupleDuVent-Monkey.jpg

Magpie-2023.jpg

Oh swoon, that black Peuple du Vent is divine :loveeyes: Your scarf collection makes me want to faint.... I need to invest in one of those Victorian fainting couches for viewing this thread
:lol:

And, it works, so here’s where to find cheeky little Kluska… (click to reveal)

View attachment 5699290

Hope you had fun in Animapolis!

Squeeeeee! Ponki and Mimi are adorable! And wowzers what fabulous scarves and knots - I feel a CCP coming on with Maison. But really the Tapis and those stones are so dramatically beautiful. I’ve never seen anything like it and it goes perfectly with the scarf

He had a benign tumour that had come to end of life and needed to be removed as it was degenerating and at risk of ulceration and infection. It was a sizeable lump, and they had to go quite deep to get it. Internal stitches, plus 7 staples to hold the incision together. He’s too old and too large for a general anaesthetic, so they had to do the whole thing under local and sedation. He’s an absolute trooper.

He was a total gentleman with the surgery staff, and giving everyone kisses. We’re very blessed to have him.

Wonderful scarf and necklace. Ponki and Mimi have such adorable names and look content and beautiful.

Now I am cracking up remembering this @Snausages!

I still want to know how the cat was named Table @xincinsin and that corgi is too much! The cat scarves are fabulous, too...

Lovely little bunnies on Balade de Heian-- would love to find one someday @lanit. The polar bear and husky faces on LVdGN are the sweetest...

The kitty is adorable and so are the rabbits -- until one focuses on the activity which is the subject of the scarf! But it is lovely nonetheless @Redbirdhermes!

So beautiful and elegant paired with white-- I have a hard time resisting a mosaic of any kind @Croisette7!

Adorable cat in his rubber ducky hat! And sisters on this fabulous scarf @Coco2606 -- now we need a mod shot of you!

I love the kitty on Les Toits and your two are adorable @Pirula. :heart:

Wow that sweater is the perfect match for the pink in GTN @Cookiefiend-- you really see the luminosity... And of course, your bunnies hiding in that fabulous field...

The color of this sweater is TDF and it looks amazing on you. Congratulate your husband on his blow torch art-- It is great in your window @Teaforparrots! I hope you are able to soon retrieve your car. For many years I lived on a hill between the Catskills and the Berkshires-- getting stranded in snow is no fun at all.

No one highlights the details in scarves in more surprising and pleasurable ways than you @Living.la.vida.fifi -- just wonderful little vignettes that always send me searching through my own silks with delight and anticipation. Amazing scarves and your two kitties are adoranble. Your outfit with the new necklace and Tapis Persans is amazing...

Thank you @Snausages! I am really enjoying discovering the play of colors on this one-- flat it reads like another blue scarf, but the cat colors and the shading and brushwork are truly magical... I love Manlik's work-- she can do everything from Robe du Soir, to Tresor de Medor to Faunes Lettrees-- a very diverse range of styles.

Fabulous colorway @Ashanti_Rose -- you must have quite a stunning collection based on the few we have seen!

It is always nerve-wracking but the most important thing is that he is home with his loving family and recovering. They are always so stoic and trusting-- he sounds like a wonderful boy @Lellabelle. :hugs:

Beautiful Les Bles @EtsyBoss! Is the border gold? I just adore the wheat fields on this design. -- congratulations on finding such a lovely one. All I can say is you are in for a treat with Watership Down. Multigenerational favorite at my house...

@Cookiefiend - Love the way you styled GTN! It really highlights the best parts of the scarf!

@Living.la.vida.fifi - Your scarf collection is fantastic and you always tie the most inspiring knots!

@Lellabelle - Thank you for this post! Nice touch with the spoiler feature!

Awesome post Fifi - these are all lovely… but my eyes are poppin’ with that hem on LMdC!!

Awwwwwwww kitties, and ZOMG that necklace with Tapis! :faint:

Perfection with that sweater!
Watership Down is a favorite of mine, I hope you love it too!

❤️❤️❤️
I’m so glad he’s doing well.
Sending you both hugs, and Coco sends smooches.

Gorgeous!

Thank you sweetheart!

:hugs:

Thank you!

yay - puppy day!
(I love this pic of Maple and Elsa - dos ears!!! :love: )
Thank you so much for all the kind comments… And, dear @Lellabelle, I am so glad that all went well for your baby!

SOTD for me is Peuple Du Vent which is full of all range of animal friends, mostly furry though some feathered and some scaled. I could not find a bunny. My favorites on it today are a dog, an organ grinder / working monkey (Monkeys!), and a cat.

My newfie briefly joined me in my office this morning where I have the fireplace cranked because it's such a cold day here. She pressed her nose against the cold window as long as possible before she gave up after about 2 minutes and requested an 'out' to lounge on the freezing cold concrete instead. Thank you for sharing your *gorgeous* colorway of Early America @Croisette7! I always love seeing the girl riding the giant fluffy dog along the border. Newfies must be the dog featured on Early America. It makes me giggle recollecting all the many people who have commented about how you could 'put a saddle on that one!' Newfies are working dogs, bred to rescue people who fell overboard boats in the icy water surrounding Newfoundland, Canada.

And @Snausages! Your field spaniel scarf is another design I always enjoy seeing. My doggo before my newfies was an all black field spaniel. Happy memories!

View attachment 5699813

View attachment 5699814

View attachment 5699815

View attachment 5699816

View attachment 5699817
What a beautiful colour of your Peuple CSGM ... and your sweet darling!

And, it works, so here’s where to find cheeky little Kluska… (click to reveal)

View attachment 5699290

Hope you had fun in Animapolis!
This was so fun… Thank you for doing this!

From Sunday's SOTD - Les Bles - worn in celebration of the Year of The Rabbit. I love owning a piece from Hugo Grygkar and this design is so personal to me. I have long owned Watership Down yet never read it, so I've added it to my reading list for this year. The language of the rabbits in it is Lapine... le lapin being the French word for rabbit. Once upon a time I had a little white pet rabbit with black nose and black tipped ears.

View attachment 5699321

View attachment 5699322
It is such a special silk! I also love Watership Down and this is the perfect flatlay

Here are some more Kluska's from my own scarves! Haven't hunted for him on Voitures Exquises or Cosmographia...
Top of the world in Epopee:
View attachment 5699316
Center medallion on La Selle Imaginaire (cleverly concealed in plain view!)
View attachment 5699318
On the corner of Costume de Fete-- front and center on a bias fold:
View attachment 5699319
All wonderful examples… Love that Kluska on Costumes and how you highlighted him

Welcome to Day 3 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on dogs*! Puppers. Doggos. Pooches. Hounds. Man’s best friend. The largest registry of dog breeds identifies 300+ internationally-accepted breeds. The AKC breaks these down into seven groupings, organized by the original work that each breed was developed to do: Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding.

If you've known me for longer than a nanosecond, you know I'm crazy about my pups! My mom grew up with a cocker spaniel, so I grew up with a cocker spaniel, and since 1996 I've owned 7 and fostered 15 cocker spaniels. Spaniels don't appear much on Hermes scarves and when they do I'm a fan. I've got two colorways of Carl de Parcevaux's Chiens au Rapport which features four life-like drawings of field spaniels with their masters' hunted fowl (cocker spaniels are so named for specializing in retrieving fallen woodcocks), and two formats of Virginie Jamin's Colliers et Chiens (an evolution of Colliers de Chien, which I also have in two formats). Most recently Dimitri Rybaltchenko's Sur Mon Nuage includes his cocker spaniel Misty playing with a ball - looking an awful lot like my Elsa chasing Maple chasing a ball.

View attachment 5699548View attachment 5699549View attachment 5699547View attachment 5699546
View attachment 5699557
View attachment 5699555View attachment 5699554View attachment 5699553View attachment 5699552View attachment 5699551
View attachment 5699559
View attachment 5699566
And, as so many have noted Jan Bajtlik usually finds some way to work in his Corgi Kluska (Polish for "Noodle", the name of my second cocker!). While Kluska is often easy to spot, sometimes she's integrated so well she's hard to find!

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your pups! Bonus points for showing your real life doggaroonis!

(*Have no fear – wild canines will be featured later this week! And remember, any SOTD is on-theme!)
What a great post! Some designs are inevitable must-haves for you… I adore the CeC twilly and Sour Mon Nuage… and, what a darling pair of pups! You are blessed to have each other

Thank you ... I just found one on my SOTD Early America

View attachment 5699601

View attachment 5699602

View attachment 5699605
Such a great one for the week! What a beautiful CW

So! Puppies!! I’ll begin with last season’s wonder En Liberté. I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of these posted today. Every color way was fantastic!

View attachment 5699616
The quintessential dog scarf as far as I’m concerned… You were largely responsible for having me fall in love with this Cw

Some sweet pups on two of my favorite 70s, including a little Scarf on Site action with Rendezvous Rive Gauche:

View attachment 5699631View attachment 5699632View attachment 5699633View attachment 5699634View attachment 5699635
Oh my heavens, perfection! What amazing, impeccable styling as always

Here are some of the hunting dogs on yesterday's Petit Venerie.

View attachment 5699628

The Jack of Hearts on Dame de Coeur a Vous L'Honneur is a dog.

View attachment 5699626

Here are a few of the 30+ hound heads on Monarch.

View attachment 5699627

My scarf of the day is Monarch by Xavier de Poret.

View attachment 5699625
Wonderful examples and gorgeous with the pearls

I knew I loved this one, but hadn’t really zeroed in on the pups… Now I know I must have it… Such a chic and striking silk

This one is so special! I love toile de jouy and this is heaven! Such clever and lovely details

Was able to wear this in Amsterdma!

View attachment 5699697
Beautiful! And a lovely view

Terrible flu here. In french we use to say "malade comme un chien "(sick like a dog). Anyway, those playing on the beach View attachment 5699737in Villa Borghese's gardens seem healty !View attachment 5699736View attachment 5699738View attachment 5699740
Twins with you on this beauty… Hope you get well soon!

I’m not a dog person but I think the dog “portraits” on Colliers et Chiens are fun. Bonus flower shot for @Snausages :smile:

View attachment 5699748
Fabulous CW!

View attachment 5699813

View attachment 5699814

View attachment 5699815

View attachment 5699816

View attachment 5699817
Oooh, what a beautiful pup! Love this CW, and there are actually TWO dogs pictured in it

Striking and elegant!

It’s true - I love dogs.
I grew up with cats (parakeets, raccoons, Guinea pigs, and hamsters have all been pets), as my father didn’t like dogs, and I love cats too - but dogs? I just love them - but especially my own Coco.
6F74BFBF-8820-43FF-B5D2-68F3348CB8DF.jpeg
Lots of puppers on today’s scarf - Venerie des Princes - I love the matte blanc on the running border of dogs.
13B346A4-1E57-40F1-9D9E-D3DDD2B6C1C0.jpeg
71FB7EDF-92F7-47D6-A8F0-F95CB9F43746.jpeg

Sotd. I’m not sure I like a new realization I made today due to the fact that it now means I could technically buy more csgms because I could wear them more often over all my chunky sweaters. Realization is that I can wear csgms just as accessories thrown over a sweater/coat and don’t have to be “styled” like a 90 or even care so much about colors by my face complimenting my complexion. So…..basically I am TOTALLY screwed now:whiteflag:
11CC0667-4A20-4020-B5C0-AF636FB58B30.jpeg

This was so fun… Thank you for doing this!

It is such a special silk! I also love Watership Down and this is the perfect flatlay

All wonderful examples… Love that Kluska on Costumes and how you highlighted him

What a great post! Some designs are inevitable must-haves for you… I adore the CeC twilly and Sour Mon Nuage… and, what a darling pair of pups! You are blessed to have each other

Such a great one for the week! What a beautiful CW

The quintessential dog scarf as far as I’m concerned… You were largely responsible for having me fall in love with this Cw

Oh my heavens, perfection! What amazing, impeccable styling as always

Wonderful examples and gorgeous with the pearls

I knew I loved this one, but hadn’t really zeroed in on the pups… Now I know I must have it… Such a chic and striking silk

This one is so special! I love toile de jouy and this is heaven! Such clever and lovely details

Beautiful! And a lovely view

Twins with you on this beauty… Hope you get well soon!

Fabulous CW!

Oooh, what a beautiful pup! Love this CW, and there are actually TWO dogs pictured in it

Striking and elegant!
Thank you fifi!
It’s true - I love dogs.
I grew up with cats (parakeets, raccoons, Guinea pigs, and hamsters have all been pets), as my father didn’t like dogs, and I love cats too - but dogs? I just love them - but especially my own Coco.
View attachment 5699851
Lots of puppers on today’s scarf - Venerie des Princes - I love the matte blanc on the running border of dogs.
View attachment 5699848
View attachment 5699849
She is so sweet ... and your Veneries is a jacquard treasure!

• Love
Reactions: Cookiefiend
Terrible flu here. In french we use to say "malade comme un chien "(sick like a dog). Anyway, those playing on the beach View attachment 5699737in Villa Borghese's gardens seem healty !View attachment 5699736View attachment 5699738View attachment 5699740
Ohmigosh - how cute is On the Beach?!? :love:
Im sorry to hear you are ill, I hope you’re feeling well soon!

View attachment 5699813

View attachment 5699814

View attachment 5699815

View attachment 5699816

View attachment 5699817
GAH!! What a sweetie! :panic:
I want to hug him, adorable!

<Le sigh>
A beautiful parade of vintage beauties! :hbeat:

Status
Not open for further replies.