Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Power scarf Selle des Steppes gave me power today, but not quite enough to power up the snowy hill I was stuck on! I had to leave my car in a remote location but at least my scarf is safe inside with me.

View attachment 5699145
The earrings are a perfect go-with, and the cat in the window is very on-theme! Hope your car is ok in the snow - I lived in NYC for several years and it took quite a few winters before I started missing snow

You’re right! No bunnies, or cats, that I can find on Animapolis. That is a surprise, given the menagerie of mischief contained there. There are dogs though. 18 of them, to be precise. Can you find them all?

I have dogs on my mind, as my dear old boy is in for surgery today, which is always a worry, especially at his age. Wish us luck.

Animapolis then, is the scarf I choose for today. On theme, and a favourite for my very favourite boy while he’s at the Veterinary hospital. Excuse the hoodie; I am dressed for practicality today.
View attachment 5699084

Jan Bajtlik included an homage to Kluska, his dog, who is a central character and who appears repeatedly through the design. There are 18 Kluskas in Animapolis, including a dear one with Jan himself. Kluska makes an appearance in many of Jan’s designs.
View attachment 5699089

For anyone who wants to join the hunt, archive web pic below. It’s the charity SE edition (I don’t own it, but I wish I did: it’s a grail of mine!). Including this for anyone who wants to play, as I think it’s the clearest CW for finding Kluska!
View attachment 5699085
I will post the answers later today, so as not spoil the fun for anyone who wants to join in. Can you find them all?
Lovely post, Lellabelle, and sending goid thoughts for your beloved pup’s successful surgery. ❤️

And, it works, so here’s where to find cheeky little Kluska… (click to reveal)

View attachment 5699290

Hope you had fun in Animapolis!
Brava, @Lellabelle! Thank you for the "Where's Kluska" version of Where's Waldo (the book that made all parents go cross-eyed). This was a lot of fun and thank you for the work and for figuring out the posting trick. Most of all I am so relieved to hear that your dear old guy is home and recovering!

Couldn’t resist posting just a few more awesome bunnies

Just look at the beautiful hare and all the other animals in Les Mythologies des Hommes Rouges
View attachment 5699164
View attachment 5699166

Fleurs d’Hiver features mainly a repeating pattern of reindeer, but one of my favorite details is the border with all the cute critters, which includes bunnies
View attachment 5699165
View attachment 5699163

And, one of the most iconic cats on an Hermès scarf: Cave Felem
View attachment 5699167
View attachment 5699168

Peuple du Vent is full of delightful animals, including two dogs and a kitty cat
View attachment 5699170
View attachment 5699171

La Maison des Carres depicts a cute cat and dog in a couple of its vignettes. In that room, there is a woman with a goldfish and man with his dog
View attachment 5699172
In the scene top right, an airtist paints in the company of her cat
View attachment 5699175
View attachment 5699208

And, here are my two beloved kitty cats…
Ponki
View attachment 5699216

And, Mimi
View attachment 5699215

And, my SOTD last Friday to attend a Seraphic Fire concert… Tapis Persans worn with my new Gerda Lynggaard for Monies necklace
View attachment 5699217
Squeeeeee! Ponki and Mimi are adorable! And wowzers what fabulous scarves and knots - I feel a CCP coming on with Maison. But really the Tapis and those stones are so dramatically beautiful. I’ve never seen anything like it and it goes perfectly with the scarf

Thank you, dear @Snausages. He’s out of recovery and just home. Still very much out of it, so I’m cuddled with him while he sleeps off some of the meds.
Even if it’s a routine dental it’s always nerve wracking when they’re under. Glad he’s back home and getting TLC

Brava, @Lellabelle! Thank you for the "Where's Kluska" version of Where's Waldo (the book that made all parents go cross-eyed). This was a lot of fun and thank you for the work and for figuring out the posting trick. Most of all I am so relieved to hear that your dear old guy is home and recovering!
Thank you so much @LKBNOLA. He’s a 12 year old mastiff, and is at the VERY large end of the spectrum, at a little over 90 kilos. Any kind of medical intervention at his age is risky, but it was necessary. He’s home, and getting lots of love. He is just the most wonderful boy and we adore him.

Thank you so much for you kind wishes. :hugs:

From Sunday's SOTD - Les Bles - worn in celebration of the Year of The Rabbit. I love owning a piece from Hugo Grygkar and this design is so personal to me. I have long owned Watership Down yet never read it, so I've added it to my reading list for this year. The language of the rabbits in it is Lapine... le lapin being the French word for rabbit. Once upon a time I had a little white pet rabbit with black nose and black tipped ears.

LesBles-Beige2.jpg

LesBles:WatershipDown.jpg

Even if it’s a routine dental it’s always nerve wracking when they’re under. Glad he’s back home and getting TLC
He had a benign tumour that had come to end of life and needed to be removed as it was degenerating and at risk of ulceration and infection. It was a sizeable lump, and they had to go quite deep to get it. Internal stitches, plus 7 staples to hold the incision together. He’s too old and too large for a general anaesthetic, so they had to do the whole thing under local and sedation. He’s an absolute trooper.

He was a total gentleman with the surgery staff, and giving everyone kisses. We’re very blessed to have him.

Status
Not open for further replies.