Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So! Puppies!! I’ll begin with last season’s wonder En Liberté. I’m looking forward to seeing a lot of these posted today. Every color way was fantastic!

View attachment 5699616

Some sweet pups on two of my favorite 70s, including a little Scarf on Site action with Rendezvous Rive Gauche:

View attachment 5699631View attachment 5699632View attachment 5699633View attachment 5699634View attachment 5699635

Knocking it out of the park @Pirula ! Dogs really are quite French, well I guess European. They are allowed everywhere and always look so perky. I love how they are integrated into French life themed designs

Reactions: orchard and Maedi
Welcome to Day 3 of the Paws for Thought theme week! Today we're focusing on dogs*! Puppers. Doggos. Pooches. Hounds. Man’s best friend. The largest registry of dog breeds identifies 300+ internationally-accepted breeds. The AKC breaks these down into seven groupings, organized by the original work that each breed was developed to do: Sporting, Hound, Working, Terrier, Toy, Non-Sporting, and Herding.

If you've known me for longer than a nanosecond, you know I'm crazy about my pups! My mom grew up with a cocker spaniel, so I grew up with a cocker spaniel, and since 1996 I've owned 7 and fostered 15 cocker spaniels. Spaniels don't appear much on Hermes scarves and when they do I'm a fan. I've got two colorways of Carl de Parcevaux's Chiens au Rapport which features four life-like drawings of field spaniels with their masters' hunted fowl (cocker spaniels are so named for specializing in retrieving fallen woodcocks), and two formats of Virginie Jamin's Colliers et Chiens (an evolution of Colliers de Chien, which I also have in two formats). Most recently Dimitri Rybaltchenko's Sur Mon Nuage includes his cocker spaniel Misty playing with a ball - looking an awful lot like my Elsa chasing Maple chasing a ball.

View attachment 5699548View attachment 5699549View attachment 5699547View attachment 5699546
View attachment 5699557
View attachment 5699555View attachment 5699554View attachment 5699553View attachment 5699552View attachment 5699551
View attachment 5699559
View attachment 5699566
And, as so many have noted Jan Bajtlik usually finds some way to work in his Corgi Kluska (Polish for "Noodle", the name of my second cocker!). While Kluska is often easy to spot, sometimes she's integrated so well she's hard to find!

And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your pups! Bonus points for showing your real life doggaroonis!

(*Have no fear – wild canines will be featured later this week! And remember, any SOTD is on-theme!)
Beautiful scarves and adorable Cocker Spaniels. Chiens au rapport is especially lovely and the lemon chiffon Colliers is a dream.

Reactions: Snausages
Terrible flu here. In french we use to say "malade comme un chien "(sick like a dog). Anyway, those playing on the beach View attachment 5699737in Villa Borghese's gardens seem healty !View attachment 5699736View attachment 5699738View attachment 5699740
‘Sick as a dog’ is in the US as well. Hope your flu passes quickly! The pups in On the Beach are adorable - I never realized there were that many. Love En Liberte - all the colorways are gorgeous and so versatile

• Thanks
Reactions: Coco2606
You’re right! No bunnies, or cats, that I can find on Animapolis. That is a surprise, given the menagerie of mischief contained there. There are dogs though. 18 of them, to be precise. Can you find them all?

I have dogs on my mind, as my dear old boy is in for surgery today, which is always a worry, especially at his age. Wish us luck.

Animapolis then, is the scarf I choose for today. On theme, and a favourite for my very favourite boy while he’s at the Veterinary hospital. Excuse the hoodie; I am dressed for practicality today.
View attachment 5699084

Jan Bajtlik included an homage to Kluska, his dog, who is a central character and who appears repeatedly through the design. There are 18 Kluskas in Animapolis, including a dear one with Jan himself. Kluska makes an appearance in many of Jan’s designs.
View attachment 5699089

For anyone who wants to join the hunt, archive web pic below. It’s the charity SE edition (I don’t own it, but I wish I did: it’s a grail of mine!). Including this for anyone who wants to play, as I think it’s the clearest CW for finding Kluska!
View attachment 5699085
I will post the answers later today, so as not spoil the fun for anyone who wants to join in. Can you find them all?
I hope your doggie’s surgery went well, dear @Lellabelle!
Fingers and paws crossed for your boy in our home!

• Love
Reactions: Lellabelle
I’m not a dog person but I think the dog “portraits” on Colliers et Chiens are fun. Bonus flower shot for @Snausages :smile:

View attachment 5699748
Of course the pups are fun - they’re all playing ballie! And such a happy red! Equally as important… how is your cactus blooming??? I’ve had mine 2 years and they grow leaves but haven’t flowered yet. Which now has me wondering if any flowering cacti have appeared on a scarf…

SOTD for me is Peuple Du Vent which is full of all range of animal friends, mostly furry though some feathered and some scaled. I could not find a bunny. My favorites on it today are a dog, an organ grinder / working monkey (Monkeys!), and a cat.

My newfie briefly joined me in my office this morning where I have the fireplace cranked because it's such a cold day here. She pressed her nose against the cold window as long as possible before she gave up after about 2 minutes and requested an 'out' to lounge on the freezing cold concrete instead. Thank you for sharing your *gorgeous* colorway of Early America @Croisette7! I always love seeing the girl riding the giant fluffy dog along the border. Newfies must be the dog featured on Early America. It makes me giggle recollecting all the many people who have commented about how you could 'put a saddle on that one!' Newfies are working dogs, bred to rescue people who fell overboard boats in the icy water surrounding Newfoundland, Canada.

And @Snausages! Your field spaniel scarf is another design I always enjoy seeing. My doggo before my newfies was an all black field spaniel. Happy memories!

View attachment 5699813

View attachment 5699814

View attachment 5699815

View attachment 5699816

View attachment 5699817
Squeeeeee! Your baby is gorgeous and I want to moosh his face. Alas spaniels I don’t think have any kind of heroic reputation and I think my two have one brain cell they swap back and forth on alternating days. Bless their happy little hearts! Love this colorway and your knot looks so elegant

It’s true - I love dogs.
I grew up with cats (parakeets, raccoons, Guinea pigs, and hamsters have all been pets), as my father didn’t like dogs, and I love cats too - but dogs? I just love them - but especially my own Coco.
View attachment 5699851
Lots of puppers on today’s scarf - Venerie des Princes - I love the matte blanc on the running border of dogs.
View attachment 5699848
View attachment 5699849
Squeeeeee Coco! That scallop jacquard is divine. But Coco asked me to tell you she’d like to be more involved in your scarf drawer
AB3A6D6C-DED7-4FE0-97BA-B77FF418F9AD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.