Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love all of these @lanit-- and must try that very cool bandolier tie!

Thank you @EtsyBoss! I love your Brides et Destin cw-- strong contender for me until I had to come to terms with the fact that it had too similar a vibe to Brides Rebelles (twin with @lanit above) when tied... But it looks wonderful on you. Beautiful center colors :girlsigh:

Magpie here, too @xincinsin -- in the club from an early age. Started with shells and sea glass...

Oh my gosh, congratulations @Redbirdhermes! What a beautiful find and how gorgeous on you! Brilliant to pick out the purple stems in your sweater-- it lets the red bloom and the blue hem really shine...

OK! Thanks for the tease @Lellabelle and I know I am not alone in wanting to see this out of the box and around your neck!

I thought the same @EtsyBoss-- they do this so beautifully, this pair of artists: florals plus architectural scene=dreamscape. Retour is kind of like a CSGM version of A l'Ombre de Pivoines, which I believe was only ever a 90 and only 6 or so cws... And it is Los Angeles, in the distance on Retour apparently, according to Marsal!

I did! It was on my list from the get-go, as I have a weakness for mythological themes and Nomura's work! Thank you @Lellabelle-- that Petite Bib tie is very useful that way!

Ok, so you have officially moved beyond "correction" to Scarf Rehabilitation @Teaforparrots! Beautiful color on you-- not everyone can wear yellow so well!

Thank you @Croisette7! Wish list expansion is always a danger here (especially from your examples) and my little dog is very sweet!

The center of the yellow cw of Plumes en Fete has to be the most beautiful coloration! And the CSGMs are TDF @Croisette7. Beautiful match with your bangle...

This is perfection @Nomad-- the colors of the scarf, the sweaters, the tie-- gorgeous on you. And I chuckled over your concept of the "Practice CSGM" -- which is such a smart thing to do before investing in anything, really.

I am so jealous you have that gorgeous cw of Springs Springs @Lellabelle! Such beautiful colors and such an interesting design re-do. It also reminds me a bit of Perspective in the 3-D effect. I am happy to be twins on Les Mustangs -- I love it. A great homage done with humor, respect and whimsey. The pops of pink on the blue side are *chef's kiss* and the collar effect with that tie is wonderful.

These are beautiful @essiedub! Like @Maedi I tried a t-shirt (jersey fluide?) and returned it because it was a rectangle! Just ever so slightly but it did throw things off... I love your mousseline...

Thank you @Maedi-- and this Aloha DD is amazing on you. It just lights you up!

Congratulations on this beauty @leechiyong!

Thank you @Nomad-- just had to find a way to show more of the center!

Just wonderful decorations and your gav is absolutely adorable @xincinsin! Happy Year of the Rabbit!

The wheat field background on this is so beautiful and those bunnies! Lovely @Croisette7...
Thank you kindly, LKB!

Beautiful pink DD!
Old technique, but new scarf:
View attachment 5697814
It's glorious- congratulations!

Happy Year of the Rabbit, everyone!
View attachment 5698004
Wearing the duck-rabbit puzzle gav.
View attachment 5698005
Yippeeee! Happy YotR! Every time you wear that gav, I first see the bunny, then you say duck and it immediately switches to duck.... Can you say chocolate next? So I can see chocolate? :lol:

Perfect Croisette!

This one seems very appropriate for today (Duo cosmique). Happy New Year!View attachment 5698031
I finally found one bunny "on the beach"
View attachment 5698032
:tup: I can't believe you found a bunny on the beach! Awesome!

Happy Sunday, Scarflandia, and welcome to a new theme week for SOTD. Not only is today the beginning of a new theme week, it’s the beginning of the Lunar New Year!

According to Chinese astrology, today marks the beginning of a Year of the Rabbit. So inspired, this week’s theme is Paws for Thought: Bunnies, kitties, dogs and other furbabies (or featherbabies, or scalebabies – go on and stretch that theme!).​

To start the week (and the year) I’m focusing today on the Rabbit. The bunny. The hare. The lagomorph. There are more than 60 bunny breeds, including several lops (dangly ears), those identified by countries of origin (American rabbit, Netherland dwarf rabbit, Polish rabbit - to name a few), and different variations of cottontail (Eastern cottontail, New England cottontail, Desert cottontail…). The Flemish giant rabbit weighs on average 15 pounds, while the Pygmy rabbit weights less than a pound.

There are many famous rabbits: the Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, the Energizer Bunny, the Cadbury Bunny, Peter Cottontail (aka Peter Rabbit), Jessica Rabbit (she’s not bad – she’s just drawn that way!), and Bambi’s friend Thumper.

Bunnies are featured prominently in Hugo Grykgar’s 1950s classic Le Bles (which actually celebrates the wheatfield), Claudia Stuhlhofer-Mayer’s La Magie (watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!), and the rabbit/duck illusion gav. And yes there was a Year of the Rabbit gav!
793E3D97-A6C9-4098-92C4-273A798AADFB.jpeg
F8091FEE-18C1-4C63-B571-03BB89F01741.jpeg
9280899A-AA8A-4D08-B19C-8E67873D3B2D.jpeg217F9103-2636-4DD7-92FE-C1E2EDA55088.jpeg
I went searching my scarf drawer for rabbits, and found them in Texas Wildlife, Premier Chants, and DUJA.
F9199F28-3D27-4BF9-AF69-6CEB3388972E.jpeg59DB309D-74BA-48E6-A6BF-E9119E180781.jpeg9E828969-28F9-4D78-A4CC-6353C19167DB.jpegB1EA970F-85F3-4D0B-9B9E-62CB7EEC4A2B.jpeg

CD2E92E4-F68D-44DD-98BB-F4DE1A888BB7.jpegA84C30E3-B79F-4C78-8448-D0EEA6A31CBC.jpeg
And so, my Silken Sisters and Brothers, I ask you to show me your bunnies!

(No time for rabbit hunting? That’s ok – any SOTD is on-theme!)

Last edited:
Happy Sunday, Scarflandia, and welcome to a new theme week for SOTD. Not only is today the beginning of a new theme week, it’s the beginning of the Lunar New Year!

According to Chinese astrology, today marks the beginning of a Year of the Rabbit. So inspired, this week’s theme is Paws for Thought: Bunnies, kitties, dogs and other furbabies (or featherbabies, or scalebabies – go on and stretch that theme!).​

To start the week (and the year) I’m focusing today on the Rabbit. The bunny. The hare. The lagomorph. There are more than 60 bunny breeds, including several lops (dangly ears), those identified by countries of origin (American rabbit, Netherland dwarf rabbit, Polish rabbit - to name a few), and different variations of cottontail (Eastern cottontail, New England cottontail, Desert cottontail…). The Flemish giant rabbit weighs on average 15 pounds, while the Pygmy rabbit weights less than a pound.

There are many famous rabbits: the Easter Bunny, Bugs Bunny, the Energizer Bunny, the Cadbury Bunny, Peter Cottontail (aka Peter Rabbit), Jessica Rabbit (she’s not bad – she’s just drawn that way!), and Bambi’s friend Thumper.

Bunnies are featured prominently in Hugo Grykgar’s 1950s classic Le Bles (which actually celebrates the wheatfield), Claudia Stuhlhofer-Mayer’s La Magie (watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!), and the rabbit/duck illusion gav. And yes there was a Year of the Rabbit gav!
View attachment 5698186
View attachment 5698187
View attachment 5698189View attachment 5698184
I went searching my scarf drawer for rabbits, and found them in Texas Wildlife, Premier Chants, and DUJA.
View attachment 5698195View attachment 5698193View attachment 5698196View attachment 5698192

View attachment 5698191View attachment 5698194

View attachment 5698183

View attachment 5698188
When I see bunnies, it immediately makes me think about Easter chocolate !

OK! Thanks for the tease @Lellabelle and I know I am not alone in wanting to see this out of the box and around your neck!
I can’t wait! It’s different to anything I have.
Knowing the sleuthing capability of some of our scarfies, I'm sure it’s not too hard to figure out what’s inside.

A side-note for @bunnycat, originator of the gift vault… the waiting is SO much harder when the gift date is near!!
I am so jealous you have that gorgeous cw of Springs Springs @Lellabelle! Such beautiful colors and such an interesting design re-do. It also reminds me a bit of Perspective in the 3-D effect. I am happy to be twins on Les Mustangs -- I love it. A great homage done with humor, respect and whimsey. The pops of pink on the blue side are *chef's kiss* and the collar effect with that tie is wonderful.
I realized when I posted these, coincidentally both on the same sweater, how similar they can look tied. An unintentional duplication almost, due to the overlapping colour palettes. That’s the downside of the colour family approach, as they fill a similar niche. On the up side, if one scarf in the colour family works, you can be fairly confident the others will too.

What did surprise me is how much of a workhorse each is turning out to be. I thought they’d lean more formal with the cool dark palettes, but I’ve been reaching for them both regularly in January as they’re so versatile. My pics are not the best; casual styling and no planning, so probably not showing to their best advantage, but the ease with which you can “throw and go” is what makes them so versatile. They are equally great with jeans as with more formal attire. I suspect that your Brides Destin will be similar.

100% agree on the link with Perspectives. Another link to a previous design for the theme. And I love my Space Derbys so much, I knew I wanted an M2. I tried the pretty pink and blue that RBH has, but the blue did not play well on me. When you posted your colourway, I knew it was one that could work for me, so thank you for the inspiration!

When I see bunnies, it immediately makes me think about Easter chocolate !
True chocolate bunny story: when I was about 7 my family vacationed o er Easter weekend. The hotel we stayed at hosted an Easter Egg hunt. I was quite the huntress while my older sister just enjoyed skipping around. No surprise my basket was fuller than hers. :ty:

My sister started crying so my mom asked me to let my sister take one large prize. She took a chocolate bunny leaving me with a large chocolate egg. I was ok with this since chocolate bunnies are hollow

Well, turns out the bunny was solid and my egg was a giant Cadbury egg :rant:

I remind my mother of this travesty every Easter. And so every Easter she presents me with a solid dark chocolate bunny as restitution :happydance:

Happy Lunar New Year! Thank you @Snausages for a terrific and informative intro (lagomorph!?) with beautiful silks to make the point. I know I will be happy to note all the bunnies on the silks I have and the silks I don't. I feel some attachment to rabbits as pets because my daughter acquired two in college and guess who got to bunnysit? Right you are! I was less than charmed by the whole experience since we also had two dogs but the rabbits did make me smile with their antics. Especially the adorable thing they do called "binking" -- literally a 360 degree turn in the air as they jump. Here's a rabbit (more likely a hare) on my SOTD: Sous le Charme d'Orphee. (I see a resemblance between the cute Alice Shirley DuJA bunnies and this one!)
Sous le Charme d'Orphee 9.jpg

View attachment 5698186
View attachment 5698187
View attachment 5698189View attachment 5698184
View attachment 5698195View attachment 5698193View attachment 5698196View attachment 5698192

View attachment 5698191View attachment 5698194

Thank you for introducing this week, Snausages, and lovely bunnies you show!

Happy Year of the Rabbit, everyone!
View attachment 5698004
Wearing the duck-rabbit puzzle gav.
View attachment 5698005
Happy new year! And I love this gav, never saw it before…

Squirrels and a bunny on Les 4 Saisons

View attachment 5698235

View attachment 5698230
A lovely scarf, Croisette!

Happy Lunar New Year! Thank you @Snausages for a terrific and informative intro (lagomorph!?) with beautiful silks to make the point. I know I will be happy to note all the bunnies on the silks I have and the silks I don't. I feel some attachment to rabbits as pets because my daughter acquired two in college and guess who got to bunnysit? Right you are! I was less than charmed by the whole experience since we also had two dogs but the rabbits did make me smile with their antics. Especially the adorable thing they do called "binking" -- literally a 360 degree turn in the air as they jump. Here's a rabbit (more likely a hare) on my SOTD: Sous le Charme d'Orphee. (I see a resemblance between the cute Alice Shirley DuJA bunnies and this one!)
View attachment 5698236
Such a good cw for this one, LKBNOLA, and nicely tied!

Status
Not open for further replies.