Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
With thanks to @xincinsin and continued wishes for recovery I am going to conclude the week with Brides de Gala. @Coco2606 started off with this design and @Croisette7 just added three to my wish list with her post of yesterday too! I love the symmetry, the iconic nature, the recognizable shapes always present in every iteration. So with the assistance of my small model and helper here are: BdG Finesse, Fleuries, Marble Silk, Perforé, Twilly Bayadere, Cotton Charm 70, Brides et Destin, BdGxColete, and finally BdG Shadow.
View attachment 5697004
Daiske Nomura's design Brides et Destin is the latest "riff" on BdG. It depicts harnesses, and there are three rather than two, but there is no question of the reference to Brides de Gala. Here's the website description:
"Have you heard of Clotho, Lachesis, and Atropos? They are the Moirai, three sisters from Greek mythology, three figures of destiny known to the Romans as the Parcae, and in English as the Fates: the Spinner, the Allotter and the Inflexible. They are generally associated with cosmic cycles, as well as with the goddesses of nature and fertility. Daiske Nomura has designed a harmonious composition with contemporary overtones based on harnesses adorned with insignias that he discovered in the Emile Hermès collection. Each equipped with their harness, the three sisters are set for a spiritual and vivacious ride." Of course it is Nomura, of C'est la Fete and Chorus Stellarum fame so this design also has his trademark reference to mortality...
View attachment 5697006
This is a detailed, dramatic and versatile design. I very much like how it seems both contemporary and classic H! My twin @mktlim showed a lovely mod shot of hers this week. Here's mine worn as a top:
View attachment 5697005
This is fabulous and so cool worn as a top. I love the design story, too.

Here are my 3 versions of Dallet’s Guepards - in 90 twill, t-shirt (is there an official name?), and 140 mousseline

View attachment 5697656View attachment 5697657View attachment 5697658

Thanks @Maedi for identifying 2013 as the reissue year of the 90 twill! I need to find the issue year of the other 2. I don’t know the very 1st issue of the pattern (because I should have done my homework prior to posting but..my dog was mad that I was sporting cats..?:angel:

View attachment 5697661View attachment 5697662View attachment 5697663 The t-shirt version has a nice black contrast hem, as does the twill. I really like the green highlights, which are very clear on the t-shirt but much more subtle on the twill. The twill is not so photogenic shown flat, but quite crisp tied. The mousseline is frothy!
All three are beautiful. I used to have the T-shirt version in gray but sold it as I found it challenging that it wasn't a square. And I always wanted a mousseline in this design. Before the formal twill, I had a bright orange one. Hopefully, the dog is appeased.

Once again I have a lot of catching up to do on this wonderful thread of posts by all of you wonderful scarfies! We’re in Hawaii now and I did bring a couple of scarves and have yet to wear any of them except this one. I bought it on FP last summer when @bumnycat was extolling the virtues of cotton scarves in the heat and all were chiming in with their cotton and mousselines. It’s called D’apres Van der Meulen collection Hermes. I know nothing about it except I love it and it seems sort of vintage to me. If anyone knows anything about it please educate me! (Please excuse beach hair)View attachment 5697726View attachment 5697727
Beautiful scarf and beautiful beach hair. Enjoy Hawaii.

All three are beautiful. I used to have the T-shirt version in gray but sold it as I found it challenging that it wasn't a square. And I always wanted a mousseline in this design. Before the formal twill, I had a bright orange one. Hopefully, the dog is appeased.
Wut?! You are right..it is not a square! It’s almost a square. I always thought it was a bit weird ..just assumed it was “stretchy.” I guess I never noticed because I don’t wear that on bias. I tend to just fold into rectangle. Wow. Who knew?

Is it just me or are there fewer dog scarves (than cat scarves...) Maybe because there is more variety in dogs’ appearances (sorry to cat moms..I’m sure there are lots of cat differences..my eye is not as well trained).

• Love
Reactions: Maedi
Is it just me or are there fewer dog scarves (than cat scarves...) Maybe because there is more variety in dogs’ appearances (sorry to cat moms..I’m sure there are lots of cat differences..my eye is not as well trained).
I sort of agree - I had to look really hard for dogs the last time we had the Year of the Dog, but I can pull out a big cat scarf really easy.

Let's see what pawsome canines appear in our next theme!

Expanding on @Naessi s earlier post, many designs featured equestrian harnesses and gear. How about the cool and edgy Brides Rebelle by Benoit Pierre Emery and more recently Robe du Soir by Florence Manlick and the Fouets et Badines marble silk by Virginie Jamin?

View attachment 5697064

View attachment 5697065

View attachment 5697066

View attachment 5697071

View attachment 5697072
I love all of these @lanit-- and must try that very cool bandolier tie!
What a fab collection @xincinsin. I hope you're feeling better and recovering well. Thank you for taking time to share these with us and for kicking off this week of learning more history. I'm discovering all sorts of new things, such as that wonderfully fun rocking horse silk! What a joy! I've not heard that expression 'such a magpie'.. assuming it means something like resourceful?

And @LKBNOLA your BdG collex is wow! I loved reading about the meaning behind your Daiske. I know I was moved by that when I saw the release and it's so nice to revisit it here.

Sharing my own BdDestin.

View attachment 5697085
Thank you @EtsyBoss! I love your Brides et Destin cw-- strong contender for me until I had to come to terms with the fact that it had too similar a vibe to Brides Rebelles (twin with @lanit above) when tied... But it looks wonderful on you. Beautiful center colors :girlsigh:
Magpies are birds with a reputation for filching shiny things. So if someone calls you a magpie, it means you are a voracious and omnivorous collector of all manner of things. I confess to being a magpie :blush: I collect pretty things :lol:
Magpie here, too @xincinsin -- in the club from an early age. Started with shells and sea glass...
Thank you, @xincinsin, for hosting this week, and I trust you are on the mend. Earlier this week we saw a number of gorgeous peony scarves, but I don't think we saw this colorway of A l'ombre des Pivoines.

View attachment 5697110

While the beautiful drawings of the buildings are buried in the blue background color, the dramatic blossoms dominate this scarf. I especially love the huge red blossom.

Introducing my NWT A l'ombre des Pivoines as my scarf of the day.

View attachment 5697114
Oh my gosh, congratulations @Redbirdhermes! What a beautiful find and how gorgeous on you! Brilliant to pick out the purple stems in your sweater-- it lets the red bloom and the blue hem really shine...
Well, I did a thing. An SE thing. :panic:

Pretty sure it’s on theme too, though a reveal will have to wait as it’s in the vault for valentines. Thankfully not too long to wait!

A little teaser, below, for my scarfie friends

View attachment 5697138
OK! Thanks for the tease @Lellabelle and I know I am not alone in wanting to see this out of the box and around your neck!
This one is gorgeous, and giving me strong vibes of this season's Retour a la Nature by Théo de Gueltzl and Octave Marsal.
I thought the same @EtsyBoss-- they do this so beautifully, this pair of artists: florals plus architectural scene=dreamscape. Retour is kind of like a CSGM version of A l'Ombre de Pivoines, which I believe was only ever a 90 and only 6 or so cws... And it is Los Angeles, in the distance on Retour apparently, according to Marsal!
You got a brides destin! Congratulations, it looks super on you! I love how you’ve tied it in the collage to feature the centre.
I did! It was on my list from the get-go, as I have a weakness for mythological themes and Nomura's work! Thank you @Lellabelle-- that Petite Bib tie is very useful that way!
@LKBNOLA and @Nomad have recently undertaken a colorway correction program but I’ve been working on a “condition correction program.” I originally took a chance on a deeply discounted yellow Folies du Ciel with a lot of pulls and stains. I got the stains out but some of the colors ran by the time I was through working on it. I ended up loving the scarf, so when another came up in allegedly excellent condition, I went for it. Happily it’s free of pulls and stains, just soft from wear. I think I’ll keep the other one as well to wear out to eat, etc. without worrying too much about it.

View attachment 5697189
Ok, so you have officially moved beyond "correction" to Scarf Rehabilitation @Teaforparrots! Beautiful color on you-- not everyone can wear yellow so well!
Thank you so much LKB ... your wishlist is growing!

All so fabulous .... and your cutie model!
Thank you @Croisette7! Wish list expansion is always a danger here (especially from your examples) and my little dog is very sweet!
The center of the yellow cw of Plumes en Fete has to be the most beautiful coloration! And the CSGMs are TDF @Croisette7. Beautiful match with your bangle...
I have been loving along many many pages everyone. Amazing posts!

So glad you found one in perfect shape :loveeyes: . And I am a big believer in a beat around scarf. Since I only had my precious Samourais csgms, I bought a dark csgm for $300 to see how life was with wearing one more often in daily life. So I still get to protect my preciouuussssss ( golem reference)
Sotd. I have no idea if the really old vintage designs did edge to edge dense designs or not. I want to say no? Wild Singapore.
View attachment 5697508
This is perfection @Nomad-- the colors of the scarf, the sweaters, the tie-- gorgeous on you. And I chuckled over your concept of the "Practice CSGM" -- which is such a smart thing to do before investing in anything, really.
Sharing a little of my over zealous acqusition last season. Small pics, as the lighting is horrible! Both on theme as they are reimaginations of earlier classics. I don’t own either of the originals, pics are for reference only.

Rybaltchenko’s (second?) reinterpretation of Ledoux’s 1956 classic Springs, which gives us a literal new perspective on the historic design. I think New Springs was another of his, but there may be others. SOTD.
View attachment 5697595
View attachment 5697602
the original
View attachment 5697603

And Les Mustangs II, a reimagining by Ugo Bienvenu of the original Les Mustangs by Dallet. There have been a couple of reissues that I'm aware of, the pic below is from the ‘96 issue I think. Twins with Nola on the M2, which I hunted down after seeing her lovely mod pics :smile:
View attachment 5697606
View attachment 5697597View attachment 5697598
I am so jealous you have that gorgeous cw of Springs Springs @Lellabelle! Such beautiful colors and such an interesting design re-do. It also reminds me a bit of Perspective in the 3-D effect. I am happy to be twins on Les Mustangs -- I love it. A great homage done with humor, respect and whimsey. The pops of pink on the blue side are *chef's kiss* and the collar effect with that tie is wonderful.
Here are my 3 versions of Dallet’s Guepards - in 90 twill, t-shirt (is there an official name?), and 140 mousseline

View attachment 5697656View attachment 5697657View attachment 5697658

Thanks @Maedi for identifying 2013 as the reissue year of the 90 twill! I need to find the issue year of the other 2. I don’t know the very 1st issue of the pattern (because I should have done my homework prior to posting but..my dog was mad that I was sporting cats..?:angel:

View attachment 5697661View attachment 5697662View attachment 5697663 The t-shirt version has a nice black contrast hem, as does the twill. I really like the green highlights, which are very clear on the t-shirt but much more subtle on the twill. The twill is not so photogenic shown flat, but quite crisp tied. The mousseline is frothy!
These are beautiful @essiedub! Like @Maedi I tried a t-shirt (jersey fluide?) and returned it because it was a rectangle! Just ever so slightly but it did throw things off... I love your mousseline...
This is fabulous and so cool worn as a top. I love the design story, too.
Thank you @Maedi-- and this Aloha DD is amazing on you. It just lights you up!
Old technique, but new scarf:
View attachment 5697814
Congratulations on this beauty @leechiyong!
I totally ditto this @LKBNOLA. Amazing as a top and you are so very chic with this styling.
Thank you @Nomad-- just had to find a way to show more of the center!
Happy Year of the Rabbit, everyone!
View attachment 5698004
Wearing the duck-rabbit puzzle gav.
View attachment 5698005
Just wonderful decorations and your gav is absolutely adorable @xincinsin! Happy Year of the Rabbit!
The wheat field background on this is so beautiful and those bunnies! Lovely @Croisette7...

Status
Not open for further replies.