Scarves Scarf of The Day 2023- Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was just a stunner of an exceptional, wasn’t it? Out of my reach too, but I think it’s one of the most beautiful exceptionals I have seen, along with the recent robe Legere…

Yes, it looks like the royal coat of arms to me.

Gorgeous, all, and I am wanting each of them! The equateur is particularly lovely in that sky blue *sigh*

A definite nod to Da Vinci’s drawings. The line shading is similar to Etruscan man. So soothing in these coffee tones. It makes me want to snuggle with a book in a library with a roaring fire and a cognac…

you have mastered the friendship knot @hikarupanda!

You do pinks so well @Nomad, but that nouvelle is speaking to me with its purple and turquoise! Congratulations on the new addition!

Fantastic, @Stylehound! I love the fashion history in your post, but I love uour styling more! You have quintessentially captured everything the design is about, and are beautifully attired for an automobile adventure! Count me in!

I’m very taken by the design, and have been eyeing the reissue too, though 70‘s are not my preferred format. It’s harder to show the design outside of a bib style. Your wonderful styling of the original is making me think I should focus on that instead.

Me too! It’s the combination of glamour and adventure that gets me every time.

Isn’t it interesting how a design can be adapted to different formats? And I think you’re right about the printing, though the colour palette and enhanced contrast could be contributing too.

You got a brides destin! Congratulations, it looks super on you! I love how you’ve tied it in the collage to feature the centre.

Your beautiful little model is completely stealing the show and I am having trouble looking at the silks! Sending cuddles and belly rubs from us, for the wonderful assist!

Yes! Wow, I watched that when it was first broadcast. It was a charming series and I loved the period fashions.

The 20’s was such an interesting time for fashion and art. There’s an insouciance that is common to so many of the expressions. The ladies on comfort et automobile remind me of that wonderful De Lempika self portrait in a green Bugatti. It’s been a style reference for me for many years! (goal, I should say, as I don’t have anywhere near this panache!)
View attachment 5697153

hahaha - I was a family of girls and we used to joke that there was a magpie gene that we had inherited from our mother. And grandmothers, on both sides. What chance did we have? ;)

Congratulations. This striking colourway is a great choice for you.
Thank you kindly, Lellabelle!

Damn those exploding chickens though...!
Yes. Hermes should make a bib. Some kind of laminated silk, pre-shaped (so no need to fiddle with knots) that we could don for dinner and spills and food splashes would wipe right off. I predict they’d make a killing… go to any top restaurant and you’d see one adorning the necks of the elegant everywhere, protecting their couture while coiffing red wine, slurping soup, or digging into lobsters with luxurious abandon :roflmfao:

Last edited:
@Stylehound, I love costume dramas of this period (as well as the art and literature) and love seeing these illustrations. Did you ever see a series on GBH called The House of Eliot about two sisters who daringly open their own couture house and take on conventional modes of fashion of the time? I loved it -- would love to rewatch and rediscover...
Thank you, @LKBNOLA,
No, I haven’t seen the series. Sounds great! I’ll keep it in mind and will look for it when I have an occasion. Thank you for letting me know!

Yes. Hermes should make a bib. Some kind of laminated silk, pre shaped (so no need to fiddle with knots) that we could don for dinner and spills and food splashes would wipe right off. I predict they’d make a killing… go to any top restaurant and you’d see one adorning the necks of the elegant everywhere, protecting their couture while coiffing red wine, slurping soup, or digging into lobsters with luxurious abandon :roflmfao:
I'm first in line. I can wear it when Bobby's out and about as well. No worries about getting my scarf poked full of holes or smeared with a peanut buttery beak ;)

This was just a stunner of an exceptional, wasn’t it? Out of my reach too, but I think it’s one of the most beautiful exceptionals I have seen, along with the recent robe Legere…

Gorgeous, all, and I am wanting each of them! The equateur is particularly lovely in that sky blue *sigh*

A definite nod to Da Vinci’s drawings. The line shading is similar to Etruscan man. So soothing in these coffee tones. It makes me want to snuggle with a book in a library with a roaring fire and a cognac…

You do pinks so well @Nomad, but that nouvelle is speaking to me with its purple and turquoise! Congratulations on the new addition!

Fantastic, @Stylehound! I love the fashion history in your post, but I love uour styling more! You have quintessentially captured everything the design is about, and are beautifully attired for an automobile adventure! Count me in!

I’m very taken by the design, and have been eyeing the reissue too, though 70‘s are not my preferred format. It’s harder to show the design outside of a bib style. Your wonderful styling of the original is making me think I should focus on that instead.

Isn’t it interesting how a design can be adapted to different formats? And I think you’re right about the printing, though the colour palette and enhanced contrast could be contributing too.

You got a brides destin! Congratulations, it looks super on you! I love how you’ve tied it in the collage to feature the centre.

Your beautiful little model is completely stealing the show and I am having trouble looking at the silks! Sending cuddles and belly rubs from us, for the wonderful assist!

Yes! Wow, I watched that when it was first broadcast. It was a charming series and I loved the period fashions.

The 20’s was such an interesting time for fashion and art. There’s an insouciance that is common to so many of the expressions. The ladies on comfort et automobile remind me of that wonderful De Lempika self portrait in a green Bugatti. It’s been a style reference for me for many years! (goal, I should say, as I don’t have anywhere near this panache!)
View attachment 5697153

hahaha - I was a family of girls and we used to joke that there was a magpie gene that we had inherited from our mother. And grandmothers, on both sides. What chance did we have? ;)

Thank you very much, @Lellabelle!
Great thinking and visual memory! You’ve got it! Tamara De Lempicka’s self-portrait in the green Bugatti of 1929 (?)! She was apparently inspired/influenced by Hermes products and advertising.
We are building quite a team of co-riders! :smile:

I have been loving along many many pages everyone. Amazing posts!
@LKBNOLA and @Nomad have recently undertaken a colorway correction program but I’ve been working on a “condition correction program.” I originally took a chance on a deeply discounted yellow Folies du Ciel with a lot of pulls and stains. I got the stains out but some of the colors ran by the time I was through working on it. I ended up loving the scarf, so when another came up in allegedly excellent condition, I went for it. Happily it’s free of pulls and stains, just soft from wear. I think I’ll keep the other one as well to wear out to eat, etc. without worrying too much about it.

View attachment 5697189
So glad you found one in perfect shape :loveeyes: . And I am a big believer in a beat around scarf. Since I only had my precious Samourais csgms, I bought a dark csgm for $300 to see how life was with wearing one more often in daily life. So I still get to protect my preciouuussssss ( golem reference)

View attachment 5697153

Thank you! When I started wearing scarves again several years ago ( large 30 year gap) , I never would have bought a pink scarf. I thought it was a color for youth and the ultra feminine and chic ( of which I don’t feel). It took this thread to make me stretch my narrow view of scarf accessories and expand my color choices. I am SO thankful to this thread and scarfie community for making it such fun :ty: . I am so pleased w my pink scarves now.
AND to any color geniuses out there…the label on my astronomie astrologie double face doesn’t list the pink at all hahaa. It only lists what is on the red side. Anyone have a thought as to what this pink might be called? I will hunt it out in scarves. It is super versatile in this shade. TIA

Thank you very much, @Lellabelle!
Great thinking and visual memory! You’ve got it! Tamara De Lempicka’s self-portrait in the green Bugatti of 1929 (?)! She was apparently inspired/influenced by Hermes products and advertising.
We are building quite a team of co-riders! :smile:
I can see it now. Our cavalcade of H-wearing, erudite, stylish sophisticates, in a parade of classic cars, adventuring across the country with our silks, cashmeres, cravats, ascots, mufflers and twillies flying in the breeze.

And I vote Daiske Nomura or Ugo Bienvenu to immortalize it in a design for 2024. Hermes, I hope you are listening! We want a TPF limited edition!!!

Sharing a little of my over zealous acqusition last season. Small pics, as the lighting is horrible! Both on theme as they are reimaginations of earlier classics. I don’t own either of the originals, pics are for reference only.

Rybaltchenko’s (second?) reinterpretation of Ledoux’s 1956 classic Springs, which gives us a literal new perspective on the historic design. I think New Springs was another of his, but there may be others. SOTD.
C8EC24EB-7216-4A55-940C-2F02D2C03C5B.jpeg
1AE647FA-2766-4E39-A7A5-AFEBCA3564C3.jpeg
the original
74C1DA4F-C35F-4D58-80D8-57232026F960.jpeg

And Les Mustangs II, a reimagining by Ugo Bienvenu of the original Les Mustangs by Dallet. There have been a couple of reissues that I'm aware of, the pic below is from the ‘96 issue I think. Twins with Nola on the M2, which I hunted down after seeing her lovely mod pics :smile:
E8BBAF49-ACB3-4315-A33A-812C886B97DE.jpeg
7090ADE9-9529-45B0-ADD0-A0B15FC493D1.jpeg6B16591C-AC31-471B-BA79-19050F9BF76E.jpeg

Last edited:
Here are my 3 versions of Dallet’s Guepards - in 90 twill, t-shirt (is there an official name?), and 140 mousseline

B7D862FF-BAFE-402A-B48F-629E9F30F670.jpegFB81C9AA-56B3-4CB2-9960-3AD4233241FC.jpegC09CB363-EB47-4333-BEEC-219D2E483558.jpeg

Thanks @Maedi for identifying 2013 as the reissue year of the 90 twill! I need to find the issue year of the other 2. I don’t know the very 1st issue of the pattern (because I should have done my homework prior to posting but..my dog was mad that I was sporting cats..?:angel:

020CAE65-1ED5-4B97-8A70-BE5FD1D17D93.jpeg4BB3CB42-AC40-456B-A17B-B2A7CAD51797.jpegC2FF8886-9C08-477F-89CC-6D2B36ED1C74.jpeg The t-shirt version has a nice black contrast hem, as does the twill. I really like the green highlights, which are very clear on the t-shirt but much more subtle on the twill. The twill is not so photogenic shown flat, but quite crisp tied. The mousseline is frothy!

Once again I have a lot of catching up to do on this wonderful thread of posts by all of you wonderful scarfies! We’re in Hawaii now and I did bring a couple of scarves and have yet to wear any of them except this one. I bought it on FP last summer when @bumnycat was extolling the virtues of cotton scarves in the heat and all were chiming in with their cotton and mousselines. It’s called D’apres Van der Meulen collection Hermes. I know nothing about it except I love it and it seems sort of vintage to me. If anyone knows anything about it please educate me! (Please excuse beach hair)1674352566895.jpeg91DDFD14-515B-46E2-9801-E7C69F06068B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.