GG Marmont Bag Club

Absolutely agree. And I kind of like that no major “influencer” has it or talks about it anymore. To me it has a classic shape and it has been around for years now. I am considering the small in dusty pink.

I am intrigued to try a new brand and came to consider the marmont, because it was one of the bags I lusted after when getting into lux bags for the first time in 2017.
It was called “trendy” back then and LV was much cheaper at the time ….so I started collecting “classics” like the LV Speedy, Noè etc…
I even have a few Chanel bags now and am still lusting after the marmont now and then- I think that’s a sign.…second choice would be a YSL LouLou.
I will be going to the boutiques hopefully next week.
:smile:

It’s totally worth the value. I have a few marmonts. I think you will love it!

Hello everyone,

I got a Marmont in the mail today and I am torn. Please take a look at the photos and tell me if I am picky.

I usually do NOT inspect my bags under a microscope and I am fine with a tiny flaw here and there. But I found three issues immediately after taking it out of the prettiest box ever (honestly the green perforated box is a stunner!) :love:

I think I wouldn’t even bother coming here when it was just one of these tiny flaws.

Here we go:
1656501429327.jpeg1656501479730.jpeg1656501457753.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t know what the third flaw is, but just get another one :smile:
It bothered you enough to post this and it’s their policy. For the $ it should be close to perfect

Hello everyone,

I got a Marmont in the mail today and I am torn. Please take a look at the photos and tell me if I am picky.

I usually do NOT inspect my bags under a microscope and I am fine with a tiny flaw here and there. But I found three issues immediately after taking it out of the prettiest box ever (honestly the green perforated box is a stunner!) :love:

I think I wouldn’t even bother coming here when it was just one of these tiny flaws.

Here we go:
View attachment 5436640View attachment 5436642View attachment 5436641

I don’t know what the third flaw is, but just get another one :smile:
It bothered you enough to post this and it’s their policy. For the $ it should be close to perfect

Thank you for replying so quickly!:flowers:

I was in the boutique on Monday and only tried the white one, because they had no stock of the dusty pink- so I ordered. I did not check for any quality on the display bag and wonder if the stretched stitching is normal, as you find it on Chanel bags as well sometimes.

The third photo shows that the grommets are not symmetrical :lol: one is placed on the stitching, the other next to it.

Any experience with Gucci return/exchange from their homepage? My bag was sent from Florence and I would have to mail it back since I don’t have a store close to me. Does it really take them 14 days to refund/exchange like it says in the policies???

My point:
I just want to avoid mailing back and forth if these bags just come like this and a little uneven glazing and strechted stitches are common. The exchange could be worse???

Reactions: LVoe4DB
Can anyone confirm that the medium Marmont will fit a Samsung Tab7 tablet or Ipad Air? It should fit right? Dimensions of my Samsung Tab are 9.99x6.51 inches and Medium Marmont is 12"W x 7.5"H x 3"D ?

Does anyone carry a tablet daily and if so is it too heavy for the bag?

Thank you for replying so quickly!:flowers:

I was in the boutique on Monday and only tried the white one, because they had no stock of the dusty pink- so I ordered. I did not check for any quality on the display bag and wonder if the stretched stitching is normal, as you find it on Chanel bags as well sometimes.

The third photo shows that the grommets are not symmetrical :lol: one is placed on the stitching, the other next to it.

Any experience with Gucci return/exchange from their homepage? My bag was sent from Florence and I would have to mail it back since I don’t have a store close to me. Does it really take them 14 days to refund/exchange like it says in the policies???

My point:
I just want to avoid mailing back and forth if these bags just come like this and a little uneven glazing and strechted stitches are common. The exchange could be worse???
Did you keep your bag or did you exchange it?
The last flaw would not bother me at all as it‘s hardly visible
It‘s a gorgeous bag in this colour

I can understand why you did return it in the end. If it is something that bothers you, you can never un-see it. So better get something that makes your heart sing wirhout any doubt
Thank you!
I never used to be someone who looks at bags with a magnifying glass. Normally, I would role my eyes about posts like mine :giggle: oh well…

Sadly prices have gone up so insanely much (almost at any fashion house) that I tend to look for flaws more… 3-4 years ago and a couple hundred Euros less- I suppose I couldn't have cared less. .. :frown:

However- I am still temped to order again (next store is too far away)

This bag has not left my wishlist yet :hbeat: …AND seems it wasn't affected by the last price increase:rolleyes: yay!

Reactions: LVoe4DB
Hi all, I have purchased a gucci marmont bag. I have noticed there is a crease in the leather from the side. (See photo) would you keep or return? Apart from this the bag is perfect but I’m worried the creases may worsen over time.

FDC7C683-9AFC-4C1F-AFC3-A11B3833447F.png

4C3DB260-D61A-4EE2-9AC2-BCE62CF24A24.png

Hi!
Does anyone here own the Gucci Marmont Matellase Sylvie with the top handle? I'm getting one this week, just want to know your thoughts/experiences on it. I'm getting it in the dusty pink color. I fell in love with it but I can't find any information on it.
TIA!

This is a bit random but I just want to share that yesterday, I wore my red super mini marmont bag again and it still makes my heart beat faster after all these years (purchased in Jan 2018). :hbeat: It is small and looks dainty, but it can actually fit a substantial amount of essentials. The leather is quite sturdy, the wear and tear is minimal despite extensive use. For anyone considering this bag or any of the styles in the marmont line, I say go for it!
I finally got my super mini!!! [emoji173]️ I’m now officially a (small) part of this club teehee

View attachment 3944992View attachment 3944996