Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Now that the holiday season is nearly here, it's time for Claw to brag about how generous she and Haz are. How many Starbucks cards, cakes and packets of junk food this time? It's 50-50 on Thanksgiving whether Claw lists all the things she's thankful for, or uses the day to spew how horrible this country is (the one where she signed a 150 million dollar contract with Netflix and a 30 million dollar with Spotify, and where they got tens of millions for memoir advances). Yup, despite all that she's still a victim and we should feel sorry for her in her 19 bathroom mansion while we can enjoy our Butterball turkeys with our friends and families without pouting.

I do not believe Doria knows any deep dark secrets and they are supporting her so she keeps quiet. It seems more like she is on the payroll. She provides backup when Meghan needs to show she is capable of having normal family interactions. Those two are cheap asses. Whatever they are paying her is probably more than she was used to but Doria certainly isn’t living the high life.

I do not believe Doria knows any deep dark secrets and they are supporting her so she keeps quiet. It seems more like she is on the payroll. She provides backup when Meghan needs to show she is capable of having normal family interactions. Those two are cheap asses. Whatever they are paying her is probably more than she was used to but Doria certainly isn’t living the high life.
IDK - depends on what you call the high life. she was a yoga instructor (or former yoga instructor) and now she's a CEO. Compared to her daughter, she probably lives modestly but compared to the average person, she probably lives pretty well.

Either you all have gotten slow on the draw, or I missed the very serious discussion of the virtues of the tiara MM could replace her loss with in this year’s Neimans Xmas catalog. :biggrin:
View attachment 5647034
Fun fact - if anyone is stupid enough to buy this indistinguished example of Cartier’s most prolific period of tiara manufacturing, it will become the second most expensive tiara in the world.

The Cartier Halo, that Kate wore to her wedding is roughly appraised at 1.5 mil, and over half the value is from the royal associations and provinance. Cartier tiaras have reached roughly a half-mil at auction, and that’s the high value.

But this tiara is appraised at more than the Elizabeth Taylor/Mike Todd tiara that Ms Taylor wore to the Oscars (because she was his queen and needed a crown )

The only tiara more valuable will be the Chaumet created Henckel von Donnersmarck tiara, with its 500 carats of emeralds and it’s ownership by Empress Eugenie of France (the lady who lifted Cartier from obscurity (literally, they were making sterling silver trinkets for other jewelers to sell) as well as making Louis Vuitton a household name)

Really, it might be a fitting crown for Meagain, because the bulk of its worth is in the convenience.

And I thought I was overdoing it when I bought myself a 100 bucks lesson with my old trainer after 10+ years of not riding and planned to get a set of 10 or so. Then I got the infected tooth/jaw and had to have surgery and kind of never went back and now they have a horse plague and are closed for the public until it's resolved.
I hope you can go back when they reopen.

We currently have a lottery in the US that is approaching $2 billion. I haven’t been on the back of a horse in years, but if I win I’m going to dust off my old boots and treat myself to the Nacho experience. :graucho: :lol:

IDK - depends on what you call the high life. she was a yoga instructor (or former yoga instructor) and now she's a CEO. Compared to her daughter, she probably lives modestly but compared to the average person, she probably lives pretty well.
She’s the CEO of how many employees though? If it’s a shell corporation it could be just her. Or maybe her and one or two others. Doria is an enigma because the press isn’t interested in her (unless she’s with Meghan).

I have worked at a national cemetery placing flags on veterans' graves for Memorial Day. To do this you have to walk around the graves and near the markers. What did they do wrong? They appear to be walking respectfully between the rows. That's OK as far as I know.

It was offensive because it was a photo op. Nothing genuine about it. They did it because the Queen didn't allow a wreath from him put down on Remembrance Day, IIRC.

He even wore his medals while they traipsed around the cemetery. THAT really fried me, it was such an obvious photo-op that TW orchestrated.
I read that the wreaths are placed by the BRF on behalf of the country and the armed forces, but Handbag wanted a wreath placed in his own name, so his request was turned down and the Harkles staged their own ceremony. I'm still figuring out the ins and outs of the poppy wreaths.

Magazines have been in trouble for a long time. They are trying desperately to hold on and are trying to increase their audience. One way to do that is to give out awards to people in popular culture. Obviously Meghan’s people have bought her awards and the desperate media has sold it self to her. None of these awards can be taken seriously. Real people who do good things are rarely acknowledged on a grand scale because that is not why they do it. They leave the glory to the undeserving glory seekers and prefer to be in the background.

She’s the CEO of how many employees though? If it’s a shell corporation it could be just her. Or maybe her and one or two others. Doria is an enigma because the press isn’t interested in her (unless she’s with Meghan).

I will say I do appreciate that Doria is quiet whatever her motives are. The Markles, even if they do have a point, are entirely too annoying.

Magazines have been in trouble for a long time. They are trying desperately to hold on and are trying to increase their audience. One way to do that is to give out awards to people in popular culture. Obviously Meghan’s people have bought her awards and the desperate media has sold it self to her. None of these awards can be taken seriously. Real people who do good things are rarely acknowledged on a grand scale because that is not why they do it. They leave the glory to the undeserving glory seekers and prefer to be in the background.
McKenzie Scott seems like a good person

I will say I do appreciate that Doria is quiet whatever her motives are. The Markles, even if they do have a point, are entirely too annoying.
There are now TV ads about applying for stimulus money if you had 4 employees with w2’s between 2020 and 2021. Would it be an infuriating chuckle if the Sussex tried for that? Given reports, they had more than 4.

A couple of interesting posts…

I'm thinking the whole "Harry is going to eviscerate the entire BRF in his ghost-written memoir" is just a PR ploy to build up pre-release buzz and pre-sales. Maybe he doesn't throw his family under the bus entirely because he knows he would be cut off, his titles possibly stripped, no titles for the children, and so forth. That would basically strip his money earning potential from him for basically the rest of his life. There would be no going back. He may not be that stupid.

Of course, just the rumors about what's in the book are also incredibly damaging to his family relationships long term. They don't know what he's written and have had to wait to see. So, even if he goes easy on people individually this time, none of them know what he might do or say next year or 5 years from now, so they would be right to carefully keep their distance from him in the future. He's going to continue to be snubbed and frozen out to a great extent which, in turn, might cause him to lash out down the road.

Just $50,000 (and triple points!) Also - read the reviews. :lol:
Yep. There is one in debt and can’t afford the food to put in it, but the one that transformed the refrigerator in a fish tank takes the cake imo.

Though, I think the refrigerator would look great in TW's room 'with a stripper pole'…

Last edited:
I'm thinking the whole "Harry is going to eviscerate the entire BRF in his ghost-written memoir" is just a PR ploy to build up pre-release buzz and pre-sales. Maybe he doesn't throw his family under the bus entirely because he knows he would be cut off, his titles possibly stripped, no titles for the children, and so forth. That would basically strip his money earning potential from him for basically the rest of his life. There would be no going back. He may not be that stupid.

Of course, just the rumors about what's in the book are also incredibly damaging to his family relationships long term. They don't know what he's written and have had to wait to see. So, even if he goes easy on people individually this time, none of them know what he might do or say next year or 5 years from now, so they would be right to carefully keep their distance from him in the future. He's going to continue to be snubbed and frozen out to a great extent which, in turn, might cause him to lash out down the road.
Could be but the problem is that reviewers will state right away that he didn’t throw them under the bus and that it was all hype. People won’t buy the book then.