How to go from 50+ to looking 20+ with plastic surgery rejuvenation.

@MissOrange love your fat graft results! Is weight lifting or exercising okay after fat grafting and losing around 2-3 kilograms weight ? I am really self conscious about my under eyes and am afraid to get fat grafted under my eyes.. I'm too scared if I develop lumps after?
Hi @babykyoong, for the best results the fat graft should be fed fat and protein and weight should be maintained at or above the surgery weight. If you lose weight after fat graft, then the grafted fat cells have little chance of surviving. Once the fat graft is stable at 4 months, then you may lose a little weight and exercise. Lumps are doctor dependent.

Today's post is a b&a at age 25 graduating from med school vs 56 happily retired and happy with my face. In my 20s I wanted to become a plastic surgeon to help ladies become beautiful. We have all witnessed genetically beautiful students enjoy a life of popularity, dating with ease, going on to marry tall and handsome men, getting picked for jobs easily and I wished I could transform and that all ladies could transform if they wished. We have all wished to be that most beautiful girl on campus...

31 years later I guess I am achieving the same goal but by different means, ie by sharing my journey into understanding how the face ages and how to create a more beautiful face using myself as a guinea pig, sourcing the best yet affordable board certified plastic surgeons in the world. Looking back I can see that my 25 yo face divided into thirds has a too short philtrum and too big chin. I did not have the ideal 1:2 ratio. Now my 56 yo face has the ideal thirds ratio and 1:2 ratio of philtrum to chin, bigger eyes with Dr Seo and a more harmonious looking face.

What amazes me is my lower lip is full and I never had surgery there but just applied carmex lip balm every day for decades! I stopped using lip fillers in my 40s. Maybe that is why models live by vaseline on their lips. It achieves the same thing as carmex and gives fuller lips?!

At 25 I struggled to keep my weight around 99 lbs. At 56 I am maintaining a weight of 95-96 lbs with ease! At 25 I lived on cheetos, lays, milk duds, Captain Crunch cereal, Dunkin donuts, American pizza, tatter tots, capri sun (never drank water), Chinese takeaways, etc. At 56 I have no crisps or chocolates at home, stopped ordering Domino's pizza, rarely eat a Chinese takeaway and live on my husband's healthy home cooked meals and drink water with every meal. I noticed that my weight goes up after I order and eat a just eats food delivery and goes down on days I do not eat takeaways. The other thing I noticed was when I was 25 I lived in a bungalow or a flat in the US so rarely climbed stairs and never did housework and now I live in a house with stairs and do daily housework as exercise.

20221014_064735.jpg

Last edited:
You are beautiful. If I could just go back to how I looked before surgery I could then look in the mirror and recognize the person I see. It’s so sad.
Thanks @Pawleys1. What has happened to you? Have you changed too much? Do you have identity crisis issues? It takes time to adjust and I do miss my long dark hair look but now my hair won’t grow long anymore post menopause.

Today's post is a trip back to see when I started to lose my looks, ie when did the ravages of time set in or aging begin. And it looks like they began when I turned 25! No wonder Leonardo di Caprio has a rep for only dating ladies under 25! In decades gone by women wed young, some as early as 19 or 21. Nowadays with women putting off marriage for their career they may be pushing themselves out of the marriage market or making the odds extremely difficult.

Here are 2 collages. The first one is of me growing up up to age 16. Looks like my face looked best at a weight of 99 lbs and with long hair as a 16 yo in front of an artificial Xmas tree. You'd think wow a pretty Korean kid. She will grow up beautiful but beauty is fleeting...

The second collage is at ages 25, 33, and in my late 40s. Aging has accelerated due to immense work hours and work stresses. One would think it would be impossible to get back the fresh youthful face of a 16-24 yo but I have achieved it and so can you all! When I look back at my photos I look more like my 16 yo face now and do not recognise my old faces. lol. Next week my Uncle who hasn't seen me since the bottom right photo will see my new and improved face! I wonder what the US immigration officer will think? Thank goodness I changed my passport photo to one at least with blonde hair. lol

Collage 2022-10-17 05_31_59.jpg

Collage 2022-10-17 05_42_04.jpg

Last edited:
And here is one to demonstrate how at 56 I look closer to my 16 yo face than my 49 yo face. By 49, my aging face had lost oestrogen, fat and bone and needed 7 cms of loose skin excised (3.5 cms from each side). Who would have thought my stubborn thigh fat reserves would some day save my face and breasts! And a piece of my rib cartilage my nose! Autologous grafts are superior to silicone and irradiated cadaver any day!

Collage 2022-10-17 06_45_29.jpg

Last edited:
Yay in sunny California I can finally don a bikini! Here is my figure over 2 years post breast FT with lipo to the flanks, 360 thighs and inner knees. My abs look great from eating more meat, cutting out dairy, and doing stairs at home. Last abdo lipo was 2 decades ago. I seem to have toned up as I have no loose tummy skin! If you want to go down the lipo route, remember traditional lipo only and not Vaser!

20221025_110206.jpg

Hi @eimibilli,

Welcome to my thread! Thank you for reading my plastic surgery diary. You mention a key point about Korea and that is postop pain relief. They do not give anything stronger than tylenol as far as I am aware!!! This has stopped me from getting anything major done in Korea as I would need to bring stronger painkillers with me but opiates are not allowed into Korea! Bone shaving in a rhino is painful as you mentioned and I was given tramadol postop after my rhinoplasty in the UK and yes my operation in the UK was done under GA to protect my airway in case of excessive bleeding. The concern about getting a rhinoplasty in Korea is that twilight sedation is not as safe and we have heard about a death of a young male patient from rhinoplasty in Korea under twilight sedation who bled a lot from his rhino with blood pouring onto the operating room floor per cctv. In Korea rhinoplasty is often done in clinics and not hospitals so resuscitation equipment is limited.

As I have not had a rhinoplasty in Korea, I cannot recommend or comment on who to go to. But do NOT get rhino at April31 in Korea. I know 2 Americans and 1 British lady who were all botched at April31. One then got revision in USA, another went quiet and another sadly ended her life.
That's horrible about April31. I don't want to have nose surgery. But maybe Korean surgeons generally are not so good or skilled at doing nose surgery on caucasians. Nose surgery on an Asian nose versus a Caucasian/other type of nose are not really the same thing. But April31 might still be a very bad clinic.

Reactions: MissOrange
I have decided I need to sort out my areolas with tattooing (had periareolar mastopexy x 2 in 2019) to make them perfectly circular. I have booked THE Tracie Giles, owner of the Knightsbridge clinic for November 28 for one areola for £295. I shall see how it goes and if fab then can pay for the other but the right one needs the most attention with a white flat scar line around the areola and the normal periareolar pigmented area needing a more even circular border. I have no raised hypertrophic scars now thanks to steroid injections but need an expert tattooist opinion as to how to clean up the white scar lines and the test area of CO2 laser that left the test area hyperpigmented. In other words a touch up as my breast ultrasound and mammograms are normal but on exam I was told I had a lot of scars.

I used this clinic before for my eyebrow tattoos which are still pigmented years later so I know I am not allergic to the tattoo ink.

Last edited:
Yay in sunny California I can finally don a bikini! Here is my figure over 2 years post breast FT with lipo to the flanks, 360 thighs and inner knees. My abs look great from eating more meat, cutting out dairy, and doing stairs at home. Last abdo lipo was 2 decades ago. I seem to have toned up as I have no loose tummy skin! If you want to go down the lipo route, remember traditional lipo only and not Vaser!

View attachment 5640612
you look amazing and your bikini is v chic! but honestly? what I love most about your journey is your increased confidence, really enjoying your beauty and experimenting with makeup, dyed hair, new styles and the like. Having fun! With an attitude like that you could conquer the world! thanks for always being generous and honest in sharing the pros and cons of aesthetic procedures.

Reactions: MissOrange
you look amazing and your bikini is v chic! but honestly? what I love most about your journey is your increased confidence, really enjoying your beauty and experimenting with makeup, dyed hair, new styles and the like. Having fun! With an attitude like that you could conquer the world! thanks for always being generous and honest in sharing the pros and cons of aesthetic procedures.
Thank yoi for your kind words @sanarae. Pity I can’t delete that bikini photo! Just realised all my pregnancy stretch marks are on display! lol.