Buying off Instagram | Instagram Sellers

I do like Georgia from Redeluxe, but a couple things concern me:

1.) Something makes me feel like people from the brand wear the bags out that they're selling. I actually bought a bag from them after seeing that someone modeled it (which is fine) but then it arrived it smelled strongly of women's perfume. I've also seen Georgia wear items out and then Redeluxe says they're available on the website. It makes me wonder if they're selling the exact item she took out for coffee and on her trips. I know they're mostly preloved items, but for such crazy prices, I'm not a fan of feeling like people from the business snuck out to coffee with items on the shelf.

2.) There are items that seem really difficult to come by and if it sells out and you ask them, they'll say they have another that they'll get in a few days.. I'm not sure how many times I can believe it.

3.) If you're selling to them, they say that they just bought several of the same bag as justification for giving a lower quote, but something tells me that's not true because they have the same bags sitting on the website for months.

I could definitely be reading into it too much, but it turned me off from the business quite a bit. And I haven't heard anything like this from others which surprises me. That being said, they're legit and incredibly nice.

Last edited:
I do like Georgia from Redeluxe, but a couple things concern me:

1.) Something makes me feel like people from the brand wear the bags out that they're selling. I actually bought a bag from them after seeing that someone modeled it (which is fine) but then it arrived it smelled strongly of women's perfume. I've also seen Georgia wear items out and then Redeluxe says they're available on the website. It makes me wonder if they're selling the exact item she took out for coffee and on her trips. I know they're mostly preloved items, but for such crazy prices, I'm not a fan of feeling like people from the business snuck out to coffee with items on the shelf.

2.) There are items that seem really difficult to come by and if it sells out and you ask them, they'll say they have another that they'll get in a few days.. I'm not sure how many times I can believe it.

3.) If you're selling to them, they say that they just bought several of the same bag as justification for giving a lower quote, but something tells me that's not true because they have the same bags sitting on the website for months.

I could definitely be reading into it too much, but it turned me off from the business quite a bit. And I haven't heard anything like this from others which surprises me. That being said, they're legit and incredibly nice.
well that's not good! To be honest, i used to see photos of Georgia modeling the bags with her hair draped over the bags and get turned off on the bag. I don't have anything against her but I am a bit bothered by seeing anyone's hair on a bag. It's doesn't feel sanitary - especially from a stranger. Sometimes you'll see other big name reseller websites and they're handling the bags with gloves. So I can empathize withe being worried that their staff would take their bags out for personal fun. Their prices are also really high so i've personally never purchased from them. But i haven't checked out their site in awhile so maybe they've gone down now that the demand is falling?

well that's not good! To be honest, i used to see photos of Georgia modeling the bags with her hair draped over the bags and get turned off on the bag. I don't have anything against her but I am a bit bothered by seeing anyone's hair on a bag. It's doesn't feel sanitary - especially from a stranger. Sometimes you'll see other big name reseller websites and they're handling the bags with gloves. So I can empathize withe being worried that their staff would take their bags out for personal fun. Their prices are also really high so i've personally never purchased from them. But i haven't checked out their site in awhile so maybe they've gone down now that the demand is falling?
I agree. It's funny you say that because I did have a hair on my bag :shocked::shocked: but I didn't think anything of it until now. It was mostly the perfume that bothered me because I don't use perfume on expensive leathers/fabrics (and of course it wasn't even my perfume)...

From my perspective, their prices have not changed at all and I've seen the same bags on the website for months. I do like their lineups so I check periodically for fun.

Redeluxe
The owner is insufferable
The latest videos asking people if they know the name of their bag and what they do for a living are just awful
The reels are cringeworthy

The actual stock is not bad as they have hard to find flaps but I would not purchase for the above reasons - it’s just off putting.
It would be more credible if they came across as more professional

Redeluxe
The latest videos asking people if they know the name of their bag and what they do for a living are just awful

The actual stock is not bad as they have hard to find flaps but I would not purchase for the above reasons - it’s just off putting.
Glad I'm not the only one who found that series a bit awkward despite how much I love Georgia's energy.

I agree, I love the aesthetic of their website but the unprofessionalism is what gets me.

Redeluxe

I thought this account was closed? Unless I have been blocked, lol!

Hi all! has anyone ever purchased from these sg based IG before: peppypurse, diamondquilting, splendour,lux and hk based ones_vintagehk please?

Looking to purchase my first chanel black flap (I used to think when I was older I could buy myself one in store but with the price increases it's become impossible as a new grad so preloved vintage it is!) and I'm not good enough to authenticate based on pictures.

Anyone has experience buying from these sellers?

I agree. It's funny you say that because I did have a hair on my bag :shocked::shocked: but I didn't think anything of it until now. It was mostly the perfume that bothered me because I don't use perfume on expensive leathers/fabrics (and of course it wasn't even my perfume)...

From my perspective, their prices have not changed at all and I've seen the same bags on the website for months. I do like their lineups so I check periodically for fun.
Can’t believe they sent you a bag in that condition. Hair and scented free of charge..lol. Gross. I think their prices are ridiculous but in reality nothing different than the other reseller sites. Their stock has been sitting there for quite a while. Last year I felt like bags were listed and sold within days. Now the same bag has been sitting there 6 or more months. Does seems like Chanel has made progress quelling the reseller market.

Hi all! has anyone ever purchased from these sg based IG before: peppypurse, diamondquilting, splendour,lux and hk based ones_vintagehk please?

Looking to purchase my first chanel black flap (I used to think when I was older I could buy myself one in store but with the price increases it's become impossible as a new grad so preloved vintage it is!) and I'm not good enough to authenticate based on pictures.

Anyone has experience buying from these seller

I haven't purchased from those mentioned sellers, but I highly recommend @lovelotsluxury, a registered authentic luxury consignment company that is also based in Singapore. Purchased a small leather good from them with a smooth transaction and the item as described.

Reactions: Chanel0524

Anyone has experience buying from these sellers?
I have not purchased from these but I have been following, Splendour_lux and diamondquilting for some time now. They are both registered companies in Singapore and are legit. They always have great bags available at fair prices.

I second Lovelotsluxury! Just have to be quick about dming them, if you see something you like. Their stuff sells like hotcakes.

Can’t believe they sent you a bag in that condition. Hair and scented free of charge..lol. Gross. I think their prices are ridiculous but in reality nothing different than the other reseller sites. Their stock has been sitting there for quite a while. Last year I felt like bags were listed and sold within days. Now the same bag has been sitting there 6 or more months. Does seems like Chanel has made progress quelling the reseller market.
Yes! Even though it was authentic and the experience of purchasing wasn't bad, I've sort of developed an aversion to pre-loved items

I noticed the same change in demand. I also think that part of the hype last year was because they partnered with Lou (which is actually why I purchased from them).