Do you feel you are getting your money's worth from your Ferragamo shoes?

I recently tried the Varina quilted ballet flats in a store and size 6.5 fit perfectly. I ordered a pair online; they just arrived but felt a bit too tight. Is this because the leather hasn't been "broken in" yet? I'm thinking that the ones in the store fit me better as they could have already been stretched out by many customers trying them on.
There is some variation in the fit of their shoes. if you tried 4 pairs in the same size in the same style they probably wouldn’t all feel the same on your foot. That’s why I prefer to try the shoes on in the store instead of buying them online.

I recently tried the Varina quilted ballet flats in a store and size 6.5 fit perfectly. I ordered a pair online; they just arrived but felt a bit too tight. Is this because the leather hasn't been "broken in" yet? I'm thinking that the ones in the store fit me better as they could have already been stretched out by many customers trying them on.
I think the quilted ones run smaller than the others. I purchased multiple Ferragamos over the past few years and I've been a consistent 8.5 B in every pair I own, flat, heels and wedges, patent & non-patent. However, when my quilted varas arrived they were really tight. Now they fit like a glove but they definitely needed to be broken in. If I were to purchase another one I'd go for a C or a D.

I think the quilted ones run smaller than the others. I purchased multiple Ferragamos over the past few years and I've been a consistent 8.5 B in every pair I own, flat, heels and wedges, patent & non-patent. However, when my quilted varas arrived they were really tight. Now they fit like a glove but they definitely needed to be broken in. If I were to purchase another one I'd go for a C or a D.
There is some variation in the fit of their shoes. if you tried 4 pairs in the same size in the same style they probably wouldn’t all feel the same on your foot. That’s why I prefer to try the shoes on in the store instead of buying them online.
Thanks for the replies! I tried a method recommended by others several years ago - wearing thick socks and walking in the new shoes around the house. They do feel much better now!

Thanks for the replies! I tried a method recommended by others several years ago - wearing thick socks and walking in the new shoes around the house. They do feel much better now!
Update: the shoes hurt my feet after I wore them out for the first time. Decided to take them to a reputable shoe alteration shop to get them expanded. Apparently my local Ferrgamo stores sell the shoes in D, and the ones that I bought online are C so that's why they hurt so much!

I went to ferragamo store last night. The size 7.5 was perfect with varina style (but has a higher heel, didn’t take note of the name). However, i didn’t buy because the balls of my feet hurt. Now an online seller is offering me a pair of ferragamo rolo reversed loafers, please see below photo. The size is also 7.5C. Do you guys think the shoes will fit my feet? Thank you!

B72F4CE9-BCE1-45D7-939F-0D4B2BA62D08.jpeg

Curious if anyone have the varina quilted ballet flats in the black/beige color combination? I've been eyeing those shoes but am afraid of the light beige color getting dirty easily

IMO the part that is more prone to getting dirty is the front/toe, but in the quilted varina, it's a black patent cap toe, so it's well protected. The quilted vara/varinas are really sturdy (compared to other pairs, as the leather is thicker) so they can withstand a good cleaning if need be. I personally gently wipe my shoes after each wear and my shoes have lasted years. Worse case scenario you can take them to a professional cobbler that can clean them for you and even repaint them.

Reactions: angelglass
I find my patent varinas very comfortable without any breaking in, my patent sissi wedges needed a little breaking in via the thick sock method but are now a perfect fit to wear all evening. The main property of the Ferragamo cut that I love is that it makes my feet look smaller, slimmer and more elegant without gapping at the sides. For me, that makes the brand worthwhile, even better if I catch a bargain in the sale!

Hi ladies! I like to throw this out in the open. I currently own three Varina/Vara and one pair of sandals from Ferragamo. I will be honest to say that they are not totally comfortable! Plus, the glue from one pair is starting to give way!! My Tory Burch Reva is more comfy. As such, I have started to think if I should continue to buy Varina/Vara? I love the brand, the aesthetics of this brand is very appealing to me. OR, I should branch out in TODs? Or, are shoes just not worth the investment? They show wear and tear so quickly! And other brands, of course. Hoping to hear some experiences..cheers!

Hi ladies! I like to throw this out in the open. I currently own three Varina/Vara and one pair of sandals from Ferragamo. I will be honest to say that they are not totally comfortable! Plus, the glue from one pair is starting to give way!! My Tory Burch Reva is more comfy. As such, I have started to think if I should continue to buy Varina/Vara? I love the brand, the aesthetics of this brand is very appealing to me. OR, I should branch out in TODs? Or, are shoes just not worth the investment? They show wear and tear so quickly! And other brands, of course. Hoping to hear some experiences..cheers!

IMO the part that is more prone to getting dirty is the front/toe, but in the quilted varina, it's a black patent cap toe, so it's well protected. The quilted vara/varinas are really sturdy (compared to other pairs, as the leather is thicker) so they can withstand a good cleaning if need be. I personally gently wipe my shoes after each wear and my shoes have lasted years. Worse case scenario you can take them to a professional cobbler that can clean them for you and even repaint them.

Reactions: angelglass
Update: the shoes hurt my feet after I wore them out for the first time. Decided to take them to a reputable shoe alteration shop to get them expanded. Apparently my local Ferrgamo stores sell the shoes in D, and the ones that I bought online are C so that's why they hurt so much!
Keep a shoe stretched in them