Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Will the colourful Mexican striped lining on pre-creed bags bleed if dunked in warm water?

TYIA for any replies :flowers:
Not in my experience, see the attached photos!

View attachment 5437799

View attachment 5437801
You are brave! Also, it looks like the bag is smiling because it knows it found the right home. Such a pretty bag.

It's easier to be brave when you didn't pay a lot for the bag, but you are correct - she is a sweet little beauty!

CashinSmShoppeAfter1.jpg

CashinSketchAttachette.jpg

Cashin_SmallShopper_Ad.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you so much! :hugs:Your bag is adorable :loveeyes:

My striped lining bag is the most $$ I’ve ever spent on a vintage coach so Im very nervous about the dunk :sweatdrop:

That is very understandable. I was lucky and found my striped-lined Cashin bag quite cheaply. It was a long time ago and even though I didn't pay much I was nervous about giving it a bath. However, the bag really needed it so I decided to go for it. I described the rehab process at the link below, good luck!

Last edited:
Thank you so much! :hugs:Your bag is adorable :loveeyes:

My striped lining bag is the most $$ I’ve ever spent on a vintage coach so Im very nervous about the dunk :sweatdrop:
That is very understandable. I was lucky and found my striped-lined Cashin bag quite cheaply. It was a long time ago and even though I didn't pay much I was nervous about giving it a bath. However, the bag really needed it so I decided to go for it. I described the rehab process at the link below, good luck!

She's 60 now. :smile:

Yes, and she's still beautiful!

I'd still like a go at that bag! But not for $30. I know we have a "lunchbox" bag. This one is shaped like a sandwich.
A rehab challenge for sure - and the expense of gallons of CPR, etc! True, rather pricey for what might turn out to be a pile of leather if it falls apart in a dunk. If you decide to go for it, we'll need photo proof that this bag is still alive and thriving! ;)

A rehab challenge for sure - and the expense of gallons of CPR, etc! True, rather pricey for what might turn out to be a pile of leather if it falls apart in a dunk. If you decide to go for it, we'll need photo proof that this bag is still alive and thriving! ;)
The piping would have to be removed and new piping installed. That would cost a bundle. The style isn't that rare.

The stitching on my Camel(?) colored Sonoma still looks dark in some places. I've applied Dawn directly to a toothbrush and gently scrubbed, but don't want to break or compromise the threads. So far it's had 2 dunks and 1 trip thru the wash machine so I know it's clean. Could the discoloration be something like body oil build up or general use type discoloration? My next effort is to apply OxiClean stain remover to a toothbrush and scrub the threads again before throwing it back into the wash machine. Does anyone have any tips on how to improve the looks of the stitching?

Reactions: Tilis and LadaZuri