Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

LOL! warn_elsi 's bag is fake.

One of the negative feedbacks that the seller received is for a fake Dooney wallet although the buyer's complaint was for condition, rather than authenticity.

Last edited:

Great, if you like your English by way of Korea.

AND is manufactured by Genu-
ine leather unique system too!

Is Potato. :giggle:

(semi-obscure Stephen Colbert reference) ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys wanted to bid on these purses on an auction site but wanted to see if they’re legit!

My computer won't even open the site.

That might be a Good Thing. Reviews of HiBid on SiteJabber are, to put it mildly, LOUSY. Have you dealt with them before?

ALWAYS READ THE REVIEWS.

Reactions: Tilis and Jacynthe
Item: Vintage Coach Leather Saddle Bag Black Minor Flaw With Magnet Read Below..
Listing number: 234568511753
Seller and site where listed: dale6278 ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234568511753?hash=item369d5f7109:g:OzYAAOSw9cpha0bw

Comments: I am just curious about this Studio Flap. The photo of the creed is difficult to read and the bag has a significant flaw, the snaplock has 2 male parts so it doesn't work. Please offer an opinion about authenticity, thank you.

Last edited:
Hi all! Would greatly appreciate if you can authenticate this bag. I received it as a gift, but it was bought from Poshmark.

Item: 9136 Legacy Top Zip Hobo in British Tan
Site where listed: Poshmark, seller is @twiggycanada
Link: https://posh.mk/MuBRPprqmqb

Comments: I have other vintage coach and the leather on this bag seems more plasticky and thin. I’m not sure if it’s just this style as I don’t have any other zipper legacy bags. The back of the interior flap is also showing some white fabric which is weird (last photo).

Thank you for any insight!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
Item: Vintage Coach Leather Saddle Bag Black Minor Flaw With Magnet Read Below..
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234568511753?hash=item369d5f7109:g:OzYAAOSw9cpha0bw

Comments: I am just curious about this Studio Flap. The photo of the creed is difficult to read and the bag has a significant flaw, the snaplock has 2 male parts so it doesn't work. Please offer an opinion about authenticity, thank you.

Genuine Legacy Medium Studio Flap made in 1999. The closure is usually just called a Magnetic snap. A snaplock is a different type of closure.

Hi all! Would greatly appreciate if you can authenticate this bag. I received it as a gift, but it was bought from Poshmark.

Item: 9136 Legacy Top Zip Hobo in British Tan
Site where listed: Poshmark, seller is @twiggycanada
Link: https://posh.mk/MuBRPprqmqb

Comments: I have other vintage coach and the leather on this bag seems more plasticky and thin. I’m not sure if it’s just this style as I don’t have any other zipper legacy bags. The back of the interior flap is also showing some white fabric which is weird (last photo).

Thank you for any insight!

View attachment 5412900

View attachment 5412901

View attachment 5412902

View attachment 5412903

View attachment 5412905

View attachment 5412906

View attachment 5412910

The "white fabric" looks like the undyed leather at the top of the back of the inside pocket, or else it's been shaven down to make sewing easier. I can't tell from the photo.

It's a genuine Legacy Small Pocket Zip from 2001.

Good to know, thanks! Are these bags known to have had faulty snaps installed?

First one I've seen, but I probably haven't seen more than a dozen of that style. It's possible that the lower half of the snap was replaced for some reason, I'm not seeing the same stamping on it as the piece attached to the flap, which is the correct snap. But maybe the lighting is washing out the stamping details.

Genuine Legacy Medium Studio Flap made in 1999. The closure is usually just called a Magnetic snap. A snaplock is a different type of closure.
First one I've seen, but I probably haven't seen more than a dozen of that style. It's possible that the lower half of the snap was replaced for some reason, I'm not seeing the same stamping on it as the piece attached to the flap, which is the correct snap. But maybe the lighting is washing out the stamping details.
It looks like the previous buyer may have returned it because of the snap.

Previous listing didn't mention the snap and the price was higher:

Reactions: LadaZuri