Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Hello Everyone,

There is currently a Coach vintage roll bag for sale on ebay. It looks like it could be authentic, but it doesn’t have any kind of Coach marking inside. I’d really appreciate your feedback on the bag. It’s dimensions are 14 inch long by a 4 inch diameter. I’ve attached 2 pictures. Thanks very much. The link to the item on ebay is https://www.ebay.com/itm/116172109172 and the seller’s ID is johnnysgarage. I Thanks very much.
The guide the seller refers to is wrong. Without an attached label inside, there is no way to prove it is Coach or Bonnie Cashin. I personally believe it is a Bonnie Cashin bag made by Coach in late 60s. It has black lines between the stripes. I've seen earlier bags without the black lines that had either Coach or Bonnie Cashin labels. I personally own a bag (different style) made several years earlier than this one that has a Cashin Carry tag. The bag in the listing has all the right details of a Bonnie Cashin bag and of this style in particular. The tag may have fallen off. The paper labels also look correct but there is no way to prove they originally came with this bag.

Hi, all. Might I ask you to have a look at two bags for me this morning? Thank you, as always.

Hadley Zip - 0647-434 -recent Mercari purchase from MzLiz
Measurements: 6.5" x ~5.5" x 3.25"

Note: Is the hangtag itself fine? I know they don’t indicate the bag’s authenticity since they can obviously be changed, but the puffiness on one side gave me pause.

My photos:
IMG_0115.jpegIMG_0116.jpegIMG_0120.jpegIMG_0126.jpegIMG_0117.jpegIMG_0118.jpeg

Duffle Sac - J7D-9085 - recent eBay purchase from shopmariongoodwill**
Measurements: ~14" x 9"

**I know they’ve had fakes before—I figured I’d snatch it up at the price I ended up with and return it if needed since I was about to run out of time to check out

My photos:
IMG_0127.jpegIMG_0128.jpegIMG_0129.jpegIMG_0130.jpeg

Good morning! Could an authenticator take a look at this case and weigh in? If any info - style name/number etc is available, I'd appreciate the info. (This one looks the same/similar to a listing I inquired about a few months back but did not purchase. At that time there was thought the case was a cosmetic case, but this seller lists it as an organizer for pens, notepads & such. Wonder what purpose Coach had in mind when it was released?)
Many thanks!

Item: Vtg Coach Leather Utility Office Pouch Pencil Pen Case Accessory Organizer
Seller name: Our Small Tiny Shop
Item number: 126458634355
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/126458634355

Good morning! Could an authenticator take a look at this case and weigh in? If any info - style name/number etc is available, I'd appreciate the info. (This one looks the same/similar to a listing I inquired about a few months back but did not purchase. At that time there was thought the case was a cosmetic case, but this seller lists it as an organizer for pens, notepads & such. Wonder what purpose Coach had in mind when it was released?)
Many thanks!

Item: Vtg Coach Leather Utility Office Pouch Pencil Pen Case Accessory Organizer
Seller name: Our Small Tiny Shop
Item number: 126458634355
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/126458634355
I think it is okay. It is a cosmetic case. I believe this is it, made around 2001.

Attachments

• 7194 organizer cosmetic 2001 makeup case pouch .png
    7194 organizer cosmetic 2001 makeup case pouch .png
    166.8 KB · Views: 4
The guide the seller refers to is wrong. Without an attached label inside, there is no way to prove it is Coach or Bonnie Cashin. I personally believe it is a Bonnie Cashin bag made by Coach in late 60s. It has black lines between the stripes. I've seen earlier bags without the black lines that had either Coach or Bonnie Cashin labels. I personally own a bag (different style) made several years earlier than this one that has a Cashin Carry tag. The bag in the listing has all the right details of a Bonnie Cashin bag and of this style in particular. The tag may have fallen off. The paper labels also look correct but there is no way to prove they originally came with this bag.
I also agree it's BC.

The following pictures are from a bag I had years ago.
bonnie cashin sideview 2-110208 (1).jpgbonnie cashin coachname 1 2.jpgbonnie cashin harnesslthr.-side1-110208.jpgbonnie cashin harnesslthr.-side2-110208.jpgbonnie cashin inside 2.jpg

ETA: regarding the "authenticity guide" referred to, that guide and seller have other errors.

The seller's own listings have errors regarding the date codes and over the years, she's been informed of errors but clearly doesn't believe there are mistakes. (Also, none of her listings ever show creeds.)

For example, this listing claims the bag is from 1991 but it's 2001:

This is another claiming to be from 1991:

And this bag claiming to be made in 1990 has serial No. 4S7-9804.

And in fact, the fake "Thompson" bag was discussed as far back as February, 2019:

IMO, that "authenticity guide" is not written by an author who knows Coach.

Last edited:
Hi, all. Might I ask you to have a look at two bags for me this morning? Thank you, as always.

Hadley Zip - 0647-434 -recent Mercari purchase from MzLiz
Measurements: 6.5" x ~5.5" x 3.25"

Note: Is the hangtag itself fine? I know they don’t indicate the bag’s authenticity since they can obviously be changed, but the puffiness on one side gave me pause.

My photos:
View attachment 5997538View attachment 5997539View attachment 5997540View attachment 5997541View attachment 5997542View attachment 5997543

Duffle Sac - J7D-9085 - recent eBay purchase from shopmariongoodwill**
Measurements: ~14" x 9"

**I know they’ve had fakes before—I figured I’d snatch it up at the price I ended up with and return it if needed since I was about to run out of time to check out

My photos:
View attachment 5997544View attachment 5997545View attachment 5997546View attachment 5997547
Both are okay.

I found this on shopgoodwill they didn't know it's coach. Station bag. Please and thank you for taking a look and letting me know if it looks good.
Link: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/196742375
Seller: Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland
Measures 9 x 9.5 x 2

Attachments

• 20240508_120636.jpg
    20240508_120636.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 11
  • 20240508_120536.jpg
    20240508_120536.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240508_120649.jpg
    20240508_120649.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Aurora-B
Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well ☺️.

Just wondered if I could get an authentication on this bag please.

Details:
Style - Station
Color - Mahogony
Size - 22cm x 24cm x 5cm
Purchased - Vinted UK
Seller - cat77330022
Other - Plant code G for USA. I’ve researched on here and noted that this is a floater plant code.

Attachments

• IMG_9801.jpeg
    IMG_9801.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9803.jpeg
    IMG_9803.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    299.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9805.jpeg
    IMG_9805.jpeg
    260.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9800.jpeg
    IMG_9800.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9799.jpeg
    IMG_9799.jpeg
    271.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9798.jpeg
    IMG_9798.jpeg
    328 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_9806.jpeg
    IMG_9806.jpeg
    150.5 KB · Views: 2
I found this on shopgoodwill they didn't know it's coach. Station bag. Please and thank you for taking a look and letting me know if it looks good.
Link: https://shopgoodwill.com/item/196742375
Seller: Goodwill Industries of Greater Cleveland
Measures 9 x 9.5 x 2
It's fine. I wonder why they listed it as unbranded. Or they thought it was fake and it was a way to stay under the radar.

Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well ☺️.

Just wondered if I could get an authentication on this bag please.

Details:
Style - Station
Color - Mahogony
Size - 22cm x 24cm x 5cm
Purchased - Vinted UK
Seller - cat77330022
Other - Plant code G for USA. I’ve researched on here and noted that this is a floater plant code.
The bag is authentic made in 1997.