Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

I think it is probably authentic. It has a different zipper pull that I've seen on another example. The style number is 7172. More opinions are welcome.
FYI - About 3 yrs ago I had a #7172 authenticated here that looks to have the same kind of zipper pull as this one posted by @prittyj94. At the time of the authentication of my case, there were several posts comparing mine to other #7172s (@Lake Effect's case being one if I remember correctly) with slightly different features. Photo attached of the pull on my authenticated bag.
Hope this tidbit of info is helpful.

Attachments

• #7172 zipper pull.jpg
    #7172 zipper pull.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 11
  • Thanks
Reactions: whateve
Good morning! I'm hoping this mini case is authentic, particularly with it being listed as new. (Closed, it measures approx. 3.5" x 1.5" x 1.5") A while back I had an identical case authenticated, but the style name/number etc. was unknown at that time. It's interesting that "lipstick" is not part of the style name because the case isn't much bigger than a lipstick. Hope this listing solves some of the mystery info.
As always, many thanks for your input!

Item: Brand New in box Coach Zippered Mini Case MUST SEE UNIQUE
Seller: trash*or*treasure
Item number: 305539333587
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/305539333587
Wow, gorgeous! It's adorable. It's authentic.

Found at estate sale. At first I thought it was fake bc I couldn’t find the serial # online, but now I am thinking it might be real, just made before serial numbers were streamlined. It’s a wine color.

Attachments

• IMG_6699.jpeg
    IMG_6699.jpeg
    738.2 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_6698.jpeg
    IMG_6698.jpeg
    271.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6697.jpeg
    IMG_6697.jpeg
    138.9 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6696.jpeg
    IMG_6696.jpeg
    617.2 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6695.jpeg
    IMG_6695.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6694.jpeg
    IMG_6694.jpeg
    99.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_6693.jpeg
    IMG_6693.jpeg
    94.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6692.jpeg
    IMG_6692.jpeg
    70.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6691.jpeg
    IMG_6691.jpeg
    83.6 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_6690.jpeg
    IMG_6690.jpeg
    80.4 KB · Views: 13
Hello Everyone,

There is currently a Coach vintage roll bag for sale on ebay. It looks like it could be authentic, but it doesn’t have any kind of Coach marking inside. I’d really appreciate your feedback on the bag. It’s dimensions are 14 inch long by a 4 inch diameter. I’ve attached 2 pictures. Thanks very much. The link to the item on ebay is https://www.ebay.com/itm/116172109172 and the seller’s ID is johnnysgarage. I Thanks very much.

Hello Everyone,

There is currently a Coach vintage roll bag for sale on ebay. It looks like it could be authentic, but it doesn’t have any kind of Coach marking inside. I’d really appreciate your feedback on the bag. It’s dimensions are 14 inch long by a 4 inch diameter. I’ve attached 2 pictures. Thanks very much. The link to the item on ebay is https://www.ebay.com/itm/116172109172 and the seller’s ID is johnnysgarage. I Thanks very much.

Here are the pics
It looks gorgeous! I don’t see any problems.

Found at estate sale. At first I thought it was fake bc I couldn’t find the serial # online, but now I am thinking it might be real, just made before serial numbers were streamlined. It’s a wine color.

Genuine. I believe it's a style 4090, Town Bag Large, made in the very late 1980s or very early 1990s. It was made before 1994 and there are no production codes in the serial/registration number.

Read the Salearea Guides for more details about Coach bags including creeds and serial numbers:

From the 1989 Spring Preview catalog:

4095_Town Bag Large-1989 Spring preview-a.jpg

Hello authenticators, I was wondering what you think of this bag? Thank you as always for your insight!

Item: "Coach Black Leather Formal Crossbody Purse" - is it a murphy bag?
Listing number:197880675 (item ID)
Seller and site where listed: goodwill of greater cleveland/east central ohio
Link:https://shopgoodwill.com/item/197880675
Comments: no measurements listed, very faint creed
(ETA another image)
View attachment 5996673

Does shopgoodwill respond to requests for additional info or pictures?

I can't read the creed or the serial number. Please request a clearer and more legible picture as well as a picture of the turnlock hardware on the back of the front flap. If there's any stamping on the back of the strap buckle, that would be helpful also.

I'm seeing a problem with the seam on the bottom.

Also with the style number. It looks like there's a year code 6 or 8 in the serial but my eyes see *916, maybe 4916, as the style number.

The Coach cartouche and name font are a bit odd too.

Last edited:
I'm seeing a problem with the seam on the bottom.

Also with the style number. It looks like there's a year code 6 or 8 in the serial but my eyes see *916, maybe 4916, as the style number.

The Coach cartouche and name font are a bit odd too.
Thank you for also taking a look! They didn't end up responding to my customer service request BUT I was outbid and I let that be a sign :smile:. Thanks for your insight. ETA 4916 is also what I see

Reactions: CaseyBoston