Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

Good evening dear authenticators! A request to authenticate please. Thank you!
Item: Janice Legacy
Where purchased or how obtained: thrift store
Comments: dimensions are a little over 7 inches height, 8 inches width, 4 inches depth.
20220525_130507.jpg20220525_130553.jpg20220525_130549.jpg20220525_130523.jpg20220525_130515.jpg

ETA oh my! my photos are worse than I thought! And for reason unknown, creed gets upside down even though (I swear!) I take it right side up. I'll get out better photos if these are not acceptable. Thank you for tolerating my lack of photography!

Reactions: LadaZuri
Why do I have the feeling that there's an ulterior motive from 2 newbies?
Yeah I don't really frequent this forum and was only made aware of it through a friend 24 hours ago. I did buy this bag on posh. I bought the bag on Friday, seller promised to ship right away. Then found the posts here the day after it was sold to me. Tried to make contact but crickets. Its nearly been a week. No responses or anything and I've already paid for it. I haven't had issues with postmark sellers before, this is the first time. This is a classic case of not researching what you have before listing. No word from them or anything. Its a mess and disappointing. I think I've been duped.

• Sad
Reactions: ConnieinSeattle
Oh, you noticed that too? Funny how they seem to be carrying out their "discussion" here, isn't it?

And unless they want to post a standard by-the-rules authentication request including a link to the Poshmark (?) listing in question, I think we can probably ask the Mods to delete both posts. (And maybe both members?) This thread is for AUTHENTICATIONS, not private accusations or requests for shipping information for a purchase on another site that belong on THAT selling site or privately between 2 of its members.

Poshmark certainly has been known to close their eyes to public disputes between members before. Maybe they're trying to keep out of Posh's sight for some reason? Especially if there's a chance we may have seen at least one of the "new" members here or at Posh more than once, possibly under different names. And why does one of them "LIKE" the post of the other one? Seems a bit odd.

For some reason a name or group keeps popping into my head... or am I just excessively suspicious? Throwing out accusations or insinuations on Posh without any proof seems to be accepted there. Either way, they can either follow THIS forum's rules or take their discussion back to Poshmark.

Comments? Criticisms?

(Comments from rendunigan and RedCoaster would be welcome as well, if they'd like to explain what's going on.)
Sorry I am super new to this forum. I replied to BeenBurned but I'll copy and paste it here :
Yeah I don't really frequent this forum and was only made aware of it through a friend 24 hours ago. I did buy this bag on posh. I bought the bag on Friday, seller promised to ship right away. Then found the posts here the day after it was sold to me. Tried to make contact but crickets. Its nearly been a week. No responses or anything and I've already paid for it. I haven't had issues with postmark sellers before, this is the first time. This is a classic case of not researching what you have before listing. No word from them or anything. Its a mess and disappointing. I think I've been duped.

Yeah this seller has ghosted me. I can't get a response from him at all on posh whatsoever. Out of my money and no bag. Sorry for the confusion but this has been a nightmare.

If they don't produce the bag, they have to give your money back! These posts will be deleted, but in the meantime...a similar thing happened to me. I got a valuable bag for a super good price. Or so I thoght. I posted here and the bag was authenticated. Seller pulled the rug out from under and I never got it. The sale was officially canceled, and I did get my money back. You can always dispute the charge with your credit card co.
Yeah, its super upsetting. What happened to you is exactly what happened to me. I'm a seller myself and when I got started I made the same mistake with a vintage hat that I didn't know was worth a lot, but I just accepted it as a loss and sent it to the buyer - which who turned out to be a repeat customer. After that I research before listing something for sale.

It really does suck. Was super excited and clearly I've been ghosted. I have screenshots of literally everything, but don't know what I can and can't share here. But perhaps pointing this out may just help a few people to be cautious of this one.

Sorry to the mods or who looks after this tread. Forgive my newbie self. Having a lot of difficulty navigating etc.

Reactions: whateve
Good evening dear authenticators! A request to authenticate please. Thank you!
Item: Janice Legacy
Where purchased or how obtained: thrift store
Comments: dimensions are a little over 7 inches height, 8 inches width, 4 inches depth.
View attachment 5412102View attachment 5412103View attachment 5412104View attachment 5412105View attachment 5412106

ETA oh my! my photos are worse than I thought! And for reason unknown, creed gets upside down even though (I swear!) I take it right side up. I'll get out better photos if these are not acceptable. Thank you for tolerating my lack of photography!

It's genuine. The year code looks like 1999.

Yeah, its super upsetting. What happened to you is exactly what happened to me. I'm a seller myself and when I got started I made the same mistake with a vintage hat that I didn't know was worth a lot, but I just accepted it as a loss and sent it to the buyer - which who turned out to be a repeat customer. After that I research before listing something for sale.

It really does suck. Was super excited and clearly I've been ghosted. I have screenshots of literally everything, but don't know what I can and can't share here. But perhaps pointing this out may just help a few people to be cautious of this one.

Sorry to the mods or who looks after this tread. Forgive my newbie self. Having a lot of difficulty navigating etc.

Members here can offer advice, and there's also a thread in the main Coach forum under "Shopping Resources - Ebay Forum"which covers most of the shopping sites, not just Ebay. There's a thread from last year about Poshmark orders that are never shipped you might want to read.

The thread you're in now is just for authentications. You can post the details of the listing for the bag you bought to ask if it's genuine but you need to follow the instructions and include the required information listed at the top of each page, including the URL of the listing and the seller's Poshmark name or ID (don't worry about the item number). You can also ask if it looks like the seller is a scammer. But without seeing the listing and looking at the seller's history, there's not much advice I can give besides what's already in the the post I mentioned about Poshmark orders since I personally won't buy from them.

Members here can offer advice, and there's also a thread in the main Coach forum under "Shopping Resources - Ebay Forum"which covers most of the shopping sites, not just Ebay. There's a thread from last year about Poshmark orders that are never shipped you might want to read.

The thread you're in now is just for authentications. You can post the details of the listing for the bag you bought to ask if it's genuine but you need to follow the instructions and include the required information listed at the top of each page, including the URL of the listing and the seller's Poshmark name or ID (don't worry about the item number). You can also ask if it looks like the seller is a scammer. But without seeing the listing and looking at the seller's history, there's not much advice I can give besides what's already in the the post I mentioned about Poshmark orders since I personally won't buy from them.
Thank you for pointing this out! Yeah sorry about any confusion just upset and confused at navigating. (mobile and desktop look so different) I don't know if shooting a pm is possible here but I would be more than happy to share what happened. This has been exhausting.

Hello authenticators! I recently purchased this bag on Etsy from a vintage reseller. I just wanted to make sure of it’s authenticity before rehabbing it. The bag seems to be in excellent condition. It is a black station bag. I hope I am posting on this board correctly, this is my first time. Thank you so much for your help!

item:Station bag
Listing: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1212879992/vintage-coach-bag-station-bag-messenger

View attachment 5411717View attachment 5411718View attachment 5411719View attachment 5411720View attachment 5411721View attachment 5411722View attachment 5411723View attachment 5411724View attachment 5411725View attachment 5411728
Hi, I think you might have been skipped. My internet went out just as I was about to respond this morning and it's been out all day. It's authentic.

Hi! I just bought this Willis and now I’m seeing that there are fakes out there, is mine a fake?? The serial number is J8H-9927. I’m new to this, sorry if this is a dumb question.
ETA: https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m65114021221/
thriftguru is the seller handle

View attachment 5412260

View attachment 5412261

View attachment 5412262

View attachment 5412263

View attachment 5412264
Yes, there are fakes and this is one of them. It is not a stupid question. I hope you didn't accept the purchase.

Reactions: LadaZuri

Attachments

• 80006795-52F5-448E-AF8E-C3EE1B3E6D9C.jpeg
    80006795-52F5-448E-AF8E-C3EE1B3E6D9C.jpeg
    149.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 4D231CB0-4014-4EA9-B508-42E7784E3ECC.jpeg
    4D231CB0-4014-4EA9-B508-42E7784E3ECC.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 13FAF601-730B-4BD5-A845-2EFD17F6F4A4.jpeg
    13FAF601-730B-4BD5-A845-2EFD17F6F4A4.jpeg
    124.1 KB · Views: 3