Authenticate This COACH - **see first post for format**

IMPORTANT READ-ME

Please post authenticity questions related to COACH in this thread. No PMs please.
For further information, please refer to the first post on page 1 of this thread.

Please follow the following requests:
  • Before you submit a request for authentication, please search this thread to make sure that the item has not previously been authenticated by searching the seller ID and/or item number. This is not a thread to ask general questions about COACH, please refer to our main Coach forum for such information.
  • Note that authenticators have the right to refuse any requests. This is a free service, but it is imperative that you help our authenticators by using the following format:
  • FOR ITEMS LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Listing number:
    Seller and site where listed
    Link:
    Comments:

• FOR ITEMS NOT LISTED ONLINE:
    Item:
    Where purchased or how obtained
    Comments:
BASIC PICTURES REQUIRED (but more may be requested): If necessary pictures are in the listing, it's not necessary to upload and duplicate them.
  • Front of item
  • Back of item
  • Full clear and legible creed text and serial number
  • Made in tags (when available)
  • Measurements
  • For bags with turnlock closures, show pictures of back of female side of turnlock
  • For bags with magnetic snaps, show pictures of the male part of the snap so that the numbers and letters on it can be read
  • If applicable, search interior of bag and/or pockets for small white tag with production information and include a picture of that.
Thank you and be safe!

It looks like the previous buyer may have returned it because of the snap.

Previous listing didn't mention the snap and the price was higher:

It's a really strange mistake if it actually came from the plant like that, isn't it? If it's a plant mistake, it should have been fixed before it was released for retail sale, even if it was headed straight for the Factory Stores. It looks like it has an outlet stamp.

Last edited:
Hi! My first time posting on an AT thread so I hope I get things right.

I bought this vintage Coach backpack in a private sale from an Instagram user, and honestly not expecting much for $35 but I'm just curious about my luck these days.

From what I can gather, this should be a Sonoma backpack in Elderberry, though this is the first time I heard that Coach made some of their bags in Italy. It measures approx. 10' (base length) x 6' (base width) x 13' (height including the top handles).

IMG_20220527_160255.jpg
IMG_20220527_160310.jpg
IMG_20220527_160330.jpg
IMG_20220527_160341.jpg
IMG_20220527_160521.jpg
IMG_20220527_160600.jpg
1653647110155.jpg

Thank you so much in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_20220527_160615.jpg
    IMG_20220527_160615.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Love
Reactions: katev
It looks like the previous buyer may have returned it because of the snap.

Previous listing didn't mention the snap and the price was higher:
It's a really strange mistake if it actually came from the plant like that, isn't it? If it's a plant mistake, it should have been fixed before it was released for retail sale, even if it was headed straight for the Factory Stores. It looks like it has an outlet stamp.

That's really interesting, thank you! I don't blame the original buyer for returning it because it was originally described as in "Amazing vintage condition" with no mention of the flaw.

But I think that it probably did come from the factory like that because if someone were trying to fix it, they probably would at least have used a female part of the clasp - even if it was a different brand. You could carry it of course with the flaw, and it wouldn't be very noticeable, but it would be a deterrent if you ever wanted to resell it.

Oh well, we will probably never know what happened - and that's part of the fun of finding these pre-owned bags!

I might have bought that bag if I had found it very cheap, but I think that it would be difficult and expensive to try and have that error corrected - but maybe I'm wrong?! Too bad, because it is a lovely bag and appears to be in otherwise good condition.

I think that I will post it in the "Would you rehab this bag?" thread because a more talented rehabber may be up to the challenge!

Last edited:
Hi! My first time posting on an AT thread so I hope I get things right.

I bought this vintage Coach backpack in a private sale from an Instagram user, and honestly not expecting much for $35 but I'm just curious about my luck these days.

From what I can gather, this should be a Sonoma backpack in Elderberry, though this is the first time I heard that Coach made some of their bags in Italy. It measures approx. 10' (base length) x 6' (base width) x 13' (height including the top handles).

View attachment 5413032
View attachment 5413033
View attachment 5413034
View attachment 5413035
View attachment 5413036
View attachment 5413037
View attachment 5413048

Thank you so much in advance!
Nice find! It's authentic, made in 1995.

Dear authenticators, could you pretty please tell me if this is legit ? TIA
Item: Coach Purse Crossbody Burgundy Leather
Seller and site where listed: margarechas-3 on ebay
Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/155001950709?hash=item2416d611f5:g:TZIAAOSwnk9iVZD3
Comments: I don't know if you can read the creed ? and an you make out what is there on the bottom of picture 4 (sideview) ?
The bag looks good.

The strap isn't disclosed as not being original to the bag. (It's not a Coach strap at all and appears to be brown and doesn't match the color of the bag.)