Working at Hermes

I do apologize if this is not the right place ?
But I am really curious to know if Hermès SA get any discount on B/K and if the 2 bags quota applies for them also?
And then… How can they buy those bags? I mean do they have to wait like us a certain period of time or they can “reserve” the bag they want based on the delivery?
What do you think?
Does anyone know?
Any ex Hermès SA here?

Last edited:
It depends, things have changed nowadays and then it also comes down to where the SA's are located.

In the past (and I believe to this day probably?), employees have an internal employee-only store where they can purchase Hermès products at discounted prices. These bags are marked with an additional serial number next to the 'Hermès Paris Made in France' logo.

Craftsmen were allowed until a couple of years ago, to craft bags for their own, and these bags had a shooting star that would distinguish them from those sold in the store.

I have friends who work for the brand and I know that for a matter of fact, SA's in Paris are not allowed to purchase any quota bags for themselves. In Germany from what I've been told, SA's are allowed to purchase quota bags for themselves, they just need the approval from the SM.

I understand that SA (in the UK at least)don't get discount off of any Hermes items.
They do however have access to staff only sales which could be items that are discontinued or flawed etc.
My understanding is that Quota bags are not readily available to them.

Reactions: Culoucou
I understand that SA (in the UK at least)don't get discount off of any Hermes items.
They do however have access to staff only sales which could be items that are discontinued or flawed etc.
My understanding is that Quota bags are not readily available to them.
Interesting… So I follow one lady on YT and her mum works for H in UK and she (seems like ?) can get quota bags. Allegedly not only for her but for her daughter as well?

Interesting… So I follow one lady on YT and her mum works for H in UK and she (seems like ?) can get quota bags. Allegedly not only for her but for her daughter as well?
When I said quota bags aren't readily available to them I meant that there isn't a 'perk of the job' in that SA get 1st dibs on quota bags
They may be able to buy QB's like the rest of us-on a limit and without discount though I'm pretty sure that staff members are waaaayyyyy down the list in being offered a quota bag or any sought after bag for that matter.
I would take what the lady on YT says with a pinch of salt.
When my SA told me I should go and work for the house because I love the brand so much I asked him outright about staff benefits.
I also doubt that Hermes would allow 'friends and family' purchases through staff members.

Typically, SAs can get a bag at a discount (not a big one), but it has to be approved by the SM. That policy didn’t apply during the pandemic due to leather supply issues; there were not enough bags for the customers. I think it is coming back now, at least in the U.S.

I think they also get a free one as a gift after 30 years at Hermes.

It’s likely that some boutiques have different policies privately, depending on the SM.

When I said quota bags aren't readily available to them I meant that there isn't a 'perk of the job' in that SA get 1st dibs on quota bags
They may be able to buy QB's like the rest of us-on a limit and without discount though I'm pretty sure that staff members are waaaayyyyy down the list in being offered a quota bag or any sought after bag for that matter.
I would take what the lady on YT says with a pinch of salt.
When my SA told me I should go and work for the house because I love the brand so much I asked him outright about staff benefits.
I also doubt that Hermes would allow 'friends and family' purchases through staff members.
I know the YouTuber in reference, her mum is a SM at bond st in london and have met her. Maybe she had easier access to bags bc she’s an SM?

The employees have a staff sale which are items that are discontinued or unable to be sold, for example jewellery with scratches, or scarves that have a tiny pull in them, and the discount is about 90% off.

The employees get 30% off items which is capped at a certain amount but only one leather item per year and you may purchase a quota bag subject to SM approval.

I think I know who you're referring too as I follow her and her mother, too. The mother is a manager of H leather department so maybe that is why she can get several quota bags and exotics, too? She doesn't seem to have any struggle getting the colors she wants and they are all Bs and Ks, although her collection also includes a few Bolides and Toolboxes. She just recently gifted a Kelly I believe.

I think I know who you're referring too as I follow her and her mother, too. The mother is a manager of H leather department so maybe that is why she can get several quota bags and exotics, too? She doesn't seem to have any struggle getting the colors she wants and they are all Bs and Ks, although her collection also includes a few Bolides and Toolboxes. She just recently gifted a Kelly I believe.
Yes exactly!