Working at Hermes

Romroth , what are we to believe here. Mistikat is saying your statement that FSH can't see your purchases in other countries is incorrect ( Paris thread) .

Mistikat why do you doubt romroths?

As far as I know, FSH is ABLE to see your purchasing history, I double confirmed with my former colleague. But they don't usually do that, it's a data only available for occasions, such as they want to know about some specific client. The data is not accessible to all of the vendeurs.

As far as I know, FSH is ABLE to see your purchasing history, I double confirmed with my former colleague. But they don't usually do that, it's a data only available for occasions, such as they want to know about some specific client. The data is not accessible to all of the vendeurs.

This is my understanding from my SA as well - the client information between countries is not directly connected but FSH is able to request (and does) for the purchase history of a specific client from their home country store so they "can serve them better." (Their words, not mine!)

Romroth , what are we to believe here. Mistikat is saying your statement that FSH can't see your purchases in other countries is incorrect ( Paris thread) .

Mistikat why do you doubt romroths?

This is my understanding from my SA as well - the client information between countries is not directly connected but FSH is able to request (and does) for the purchase history of a specific client from their home country store so they "can serve them better." (Their words, not mine!)

Therefore both Mistikat and Romroth are correct! SA cannot see the purchase history via computuer / register as they wish and without special approval and probably via different internal data base system (request via IT dept to pull up the data and then transfer to a special dept for review etc. etc...). I am just guessing...I hope it's makes some sense :smile:

Therefore both Mistikat and Romroth are correct! SA cannot see the purchase history via computuer / register as they wish and without special approval and probably via different internal data base system (request via IT dept to pull up the data and then transfer to a special dept for review etc. etc...). I am just guessing...I hope it's makes some sense :smile:

Ahh I see tonkamama - ! thank for clarifying :smile:

It is fascinating to hear from insider! Thanks for doing it for us.. i always wonder how it what does it take to be employed by Hermes. is it a tough fight to enter H's gate? I bet a lot of long service staffs in the company?

It is fascinating to hear from insider! Thanks for doing it for us.. i always wonder how it what does it take to be employed by Hermes. is it a tough fight to enter H's gate? I bet a lot of long service staffs in the company?

Not really hard, you could simply find employment information at the bottom of Hermes.com
Click at the Hermes Employeur and after find Job Opportunity, then choose your country and area, you will find something useful.

Yes, from the shop I served in, there are indeed many staff have been working more than 10 years for Hermes

Reactions: Etriers
Not really hard, you could simply find employment information at the bottom of Hermes.com
Click at the Hermes Employeur and after find Job Opportunity, then choose your country and area, you will find something useful.

Yes, from the shop I served in, there are indeed many staff have been working more than 10 years for Hermes

Thanks for sharing! This is interesting to know

Can I ask you a question, My SA told me, nowadays Hermes has stopped handmade for bags, does that mean the bags we buy are not made by hand or not totally by hand? stitching? cutting?
Thank you very much, because it confuses me for quite a long time, I really love the product no matter it is made by hand of machine

That seems like a very good idea. Additionally, think of how peaceful your days would be, just wafting around, the small of leather, helping people tie scarves, trying on bags....like Tiffany's where nothing bad ever happens.
:girlsigh:

Sounds tempting.

Don't be too sure about that...

I think most stores recruit their staff. I know at my store we were all recruited... to this day I have never filled out an application or given a resume.

Interesting!

Well I've worked at retails selling handbags and luggages, so I think I can understand how it is on both side.
Being the customer you will feel that everything is soooo interesting and want to be around the products all day, thinking it's probably the best work in the world, and that the staff must have loads of fun and get the best stuffs.

Truth is... Yes, we did get special discounts and pick things that we wanted, but there was also frictions and arguments between sales all the time about who got the sales and who gets the commision, can't go to the bathroom because you are the only one in the store, rude or weird customers, not getting paid enough even if you work for some big names etc...
Overall I had loads of fun helping customers get what they need and educate them about the different products, but at the end of the day the $ you are paid is not really worth it unless you are already quite well off and just doing it because you love retail and the brand.

On a side note... What do you think of the quality of staff in the "luxury brands" these days? I just spoke to a manager who told me that Hermes gets the best (meaning what?) candidates to work for them, but I've always heard from people in Taiwan and France etc about how the sales were rude or snobby or have no product knowledge..? Fortunately the sales I deal with are all quite nice and know their stuffs.

Just curious... How do you guys deal with rejections from employeers and find works in Europe? I have been in Scotland for a while now and tried to find work in high end retail in Glasgow, but I just cannot get any interviews!
What's really interesting was Hermes here just hired someone despite the fact that I've asked them 2 weeks before if they were hiring (no) I know for a fact that they have hired people who didn't have any retail experience at all... .~~~ Is it really that hard for a foreigner to fidn work in the UK?

Sorry for the ranting, just quite frustrated.

Hermes40 were you able to find something?

Thanks for bumping this old thread
So hilarious
Customers thinking of working as h sa
Lol
I think many us here are over qualified
We are more knowledgeable of company and products than most sa haha

When I saw the assistant manager job for the mens store in NYC on a website I sent it to people I know who work in retail ;) After reading this thread if they only hire from within who knows if they have a chance, but it is worth a try.

Can I ask you a question, My SA told me, nowadays Hermes has stopped handmade for bags, does that mean the bags we buy are not made by hand or not totally by hand? stitching? cutting?
Thank you very much, because it confuses me for quite a long time, I really love the product no matter it is made by hand of machine

There are several threads on this; this one is probably the most current:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/all-handmade-576637.html

Thanks for bumping this old thread
So hilarious
Customers thinking of working as h sa
Lol
I think many us here are over qualified
We are more knowledgeable of company and products than most sa haha

This might totally be true but I think it'll be hard for me when 90% of customers come in and ask for a Birkin or Kelly. My SAs are great at dealing with this.

Working in retail, even if you work for Hermès or Tiffany's is still just slightly better then any retail job. I know from experience. Most SA couldn't afford to buy most of the expensive wares they are selling, except if their husbands earn a lot , lol. On the flipside, you see those things every day and really don't want them as much anymore. I sold huge diamonds for a living and after awhile it wasnt very exciting anymore. And I have loved jewellery all my life ! Its like a friend that works for Tiffany said. "Nothing ruins the magic of the Tiffany experience like working 9-5 for mediocre pay". I imagine H would be similar.

Working in retail, even if you work for Hermès or Tiffany's is still just slightly better then any retail job. I know from experience. Most SA couldn't afford to buy most of the expensive wares they are selling, except if their husbands earn a lot , lol. On the flipside, you see those things every day and really don't want them as much anymore. I sold huge diamonds for a living and after awhile it wasnt very exciting anymore. And I have loved jewellery all my life ! Its like a friend that works for Tiffany said. "Nothing ruins the magic of the Tiffany experience like working 9-5 for mediocre pay". I imagine H would be similar.
Completely agree, I'm sure dealing with anything every day takes the shine off ... whether that's top end cars, diamonds, handbags or anything else for that matter... and I bet the SA's get a fair amount of difficult customers to deal with too :cursing::mad::rant::lecture::Pullhair: