Chanel Sale - By invitation only? Even for current season bag?

astar

Apr 9, 2007
Okay I browse through the internet and found this:

Chanel
Aim: Current season bags for $100, gowns $200...need we say more?
How: This sale is so exclusive that many editors aren't invited and, frankly, you probably won't be allowed in, but if you know someone in the industry, getting on this list is worth calling in favors.

Do you know if this really happen and where does it happen???

there are sales around new york where you can score! my friend works at saks and their employee sample sales at 530 am before work are ridiculous. She scored gucci boots for about 150 usd and some juicy hoodies for next to nothing-sometimes in her division they get some stuff gratis if its in the current catalog.

I believe OP has posted a quote from New York Magazine. The sale is apparently legit but just impossible to get into -- of course maybe this is just an urban legend! I guess I can still dream of someday being invited....

there are sales around new york where you can score! my friend works at saks and their employee sample sales at 530 am before work are ridiculous. She scored gucci boots for about 150 usd and some juicy hoodies for next to nothing-sometimes in her division they get some stuff gratis if its in the current catalog.
I've heard about those exclusive New York sales too. Open to insiders who could probably afford to pay retail... you have to be someone very special to get the invite.