Chanel Sale - By invitation only? Even for current season bag?

Did anyone on the forum read "Bergdorf Blondes"? It is absolutely hilarious- the author- Plum Sykes from Vogue, talks about the Chanel sample sale and how exclusive it is. Her character in the book only scores an invite because she is best friends with the heiress to the Bergdorf fortune. Apparently you have to be very rich and important to get an invite and security is tight. I doubt you could get in without an invitation. She also jokes about how people buy blueprints of the sale location beforehand and have strategy meetings.

^ yeah what's the purpose, right? and do they mind to buy something that has "little" deffect or "little" previously wear? KWIM?

Well...I don't know different people has diff perspective.

I don't know if it was this, but, a guy I work with, his father works for Chanel. Apparantly he got his dad to get his then g/f a CHanel bag for not too much more over $100. Unluckily for her she broke up with him before he gave it to her! He said all she did was talk about deisgners and such and he doesn't live with his dad, his dad works overseas and she had no idea that his dad worked for Chanel. He didn't know anything about the bag and said he was shocked when it went for 500+ on ebay lol.

Well, that's the way life works, the people who don't need the discount get it and the more regular people want the nice things too so spend the major money on them. I know many people with money who don't spend it on stuff like this, probably why they have the money...lol.... I do believe these types of things are out there, I'm quite certain of it after having worked in NYC retail on Fifth Ave and knowing people who worked at Louis Vuitton, doesn't surprise me that Chanel would have deals for employees and celeb/high society type people too....who wouldn't want a deal regadless of their net worth.