Post your Nordstrom Rack finds! (read first post)

I ordered some things online from the CTR this past weekend.
I ordered a pair of Montelliana1965 hiking boots for a great price ($157) in my size- glad to get these but when they arrived, no box, just wrapped up in cellophane in a shipping box. Thats ok with me and probably most buyers but there used to be a day when shoes like this were considered "altered and refurbished" and were marked down to nothing at Rack. Now Nordstrom tries to maximize all the value out of this stuff.
Last year I bought an Eileen Fisher cashmere sweater from the main line store- same deal, no Eileen tags, just a Nordstrom small clearance tag. Back in the day, that would have been sent to Rack on deep discount.

I bought a Claire V bag which will be delivered tomorrow. If it doesn't have tags or a dustbag I will probably return it.

Really interesting article. I think to see what is really wrong at Nordstrom and Rack, you'd need to go back and look at both Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack holistically. I'll bet that in 2014, when Rack was doing well, Nordstrom full line was not doing as well and overloaded with inventory. Now that Nordstrom inventory is so tightly controlled, there is NOTHING for us at Rack.

Having said this, I still plan on visiting Rack at the next Jan CTR, usually they have some good deals after Christmas. But that's it.

Reactions: mzbaglady1
Did you get those at CTR for 25% off? The one good thing is the refurbished are red tag
Clear the rack was President holiday this was purchased after. The rack used to send designer transfers before a sale. I have purchased plenty of refurbished tagged items brand new with the original vendor tags attached and shoes and sneakers never worn. This bag was brand new with the plastic protector on the inside of the bag clasp and authenticity card. The Chloe bag I put back because the strap was missing and I prefer a matching set. The shoes this time was mostly worn and refurbished soles which I wouldn't purchase.

Just found this thread! There is one memorable purchase back in 2017, from the end of winter items sales at Nordstrom Rack.
So memorable that I kept the receipt which is now fading..

Aquatalia Lena short boots in size 7 with the original box.. I have worn them but they were new when I bought.
The original was $450 but the clearance price was $90.
Then it was a red tag sale for extra 25% off from $90 = $67.5
Then, they were doing some promotion (sign up with email) and gave me extra 50% off and the final price was...

$33.75 !! A magic ! and the thing is that these are really good looking and comfortable boots!IMG_3502.JPGIMG_3505.PNGIMG_3504.jpeg

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this - now I can finally rest in peace/toss the receipt.. :smile:

Just found this thread! There is one memorable purchase back in 2017, from the end of winter items sales at Nordstrom Rack.
So memorable that I kept the receipt which is now fading..

Aquatalia Lena short boots in size 7 with the original box.. I have worn them but they were new when I bought.
The original was $450 but the clearance price was $90.
Then it was a red tag sale for extra 25% off from $90 = $67.5
Then, they were doing some promotion (sign up with email) and gave me extra 50% off and the final price was...

$33.75 !! A magic ! and the thing is that these are really good looking and comfortable boots!View attachment 5352322View attachment 5352323View attachment 5352324

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share this - now I can finally rest in peace/toss the receipt.. :smile:
I always make copies of my receipts and staple the copy to the original and another copy with the merchandise. I mentally remembered the good sales and bargains of this thread and living vicariously through fonts finds. Now it's far and few that you will find anything worth while at the Rack. Once they dramatically raised the prices on the very old designer merchandise it was a turn off for me. Now I just randomly pop up not my usual everyday walk through.

Reactions: MlleRoot and Mimmy