Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we are on the topic of psychology this week....I think someone needs to psychoanalyze Texas weather....

Yesterday it's all "The hills are alive....." with birds and sun and songs...wearing a t-shirt and light sweater in the morning with UTW 90cm that Id and Ego were super happy to find, but Superego grumbled a little at the price the other 2 were willing to pay.... :lol: Then down to just a t-shirt and scarf by the afternoon high of 78F.

View attachment 5303156

And today we're "Walkin' (or Walken... :lol: ) in a Winter Wonderland....with an estimated high of 35F and a winter weather advisory for the afternoon.... :cray: with Panoplie Equestre which all 3 facets were a-ok with. Id was happy about the cashmere. :love: Ego said: "Great colors! Ties well! Goes with many pieces in my wardrobe!" And Superego was happy about the price and gave a quick :tup:

View attachment 5303161
So chic, as always, bunnycat!

Ego: There is a blue hole in our moussie collection.
Id: You are absolutely right. We had better get right on that.
Ego: Alas, Id, we did not budget for a blue moussie this year.
Id: But look at this one. It's not too expensive, and you know we how love azulejos. And really, what are the odds of finding all our grails this year anyway?

Clearly super ego is easily convinced, because here it is.
View attachment 5303278
Oh my, Awillow ... you have both of the most beautiful moussies!:heart:

Lovely combination of colors.

Sweet colors in this one!
Thank you, MAGJES!

At the boutique when this was issued, Id said this shawl is beautiful and you don’t have a blue toned GM. Once home, ego didn’t like the lavender and tried matching the coral flowers. Then ego saw @bunnycat nonchalantly pairing the same scarf with burgundy tones and was a good student. Now, id and ego are both glad the GM wasn’t culled.

View attachment 5303509
It is amazing on you, Maedi!

Sotd. It looks white in photo but it is actually silver. Silver matches the silver gray in sweater coat. Jardins d’hiver. I thought I had worn this before but if you dont have a picture from posting on this thread then did it really happen :lol:. So I must not have, which would mean I bought it 16 months ago and haven’t worn it :noggin:
wanted to wear it the first pic way, but had to tie it down to keep it from slipping.
View attachment 5303636
View attachment 5303637
Twins!

Wearing a CSGM today. Sous l´Egide de Mars. It is one of the few I have that are more neutral. I think I reasoned with myself at that time that I already has so much colourful that I needed something more low key. View attachment 5303759
Stunning, Nahreen!

Welp. Super Ego put me on Blue Ban Island with strict instructions to stick to the Approved Purchase List for wish list items and the new season. "Remember," she said, "Our new motto is Say Grail or Say No and there is actually a budget involved here, Miss. Your days of hitting Add to Cart are numbered." :nono: I sulked for awhile and was good for a few minutes and then this happened :eek: In January a-lone and the month isn't even over! I'm feeling the way I used to when I'd sneak another pair of shoes into the house while DH was out late and the kids were at their after school activities. Kinda Sorry-Not-Sorry. Fessing up to 3 Id-induced Blue Ban Busters...

Who could resist this uber cuteness from SS2022? Not I, apparently. I tried. Sent it back, then re-ordered. Ooops.
IMG_2317.jpg
A 100 CS Galaxy (with Horse-tronauts!?!) from the boutique. The last fresh one in the store? It would have been cruel to leave it.
IMG_3163.jpg
A 140 Alliance du Monde from TRR? Like poor @Awillow, I had a blue moussie hole to fill so it was my bounden duty to pounce.
IMG_3156.jpg
Maybe I will now lose a Covid pound or two from the bread and water I will be subsisting on...

Id insisted on wearing my new silk muffler. Super ego says too cold at -10 deg F. Ego allowed it with long underwear and a fluffy sweater. Spring clothing is on hold for the time being.

Kyoto marble silk muffler

View attachment 5302946
It is a true piece of art. I stopped acquiring Hermès scarves when they switched to inkjet printing. To me, the depth in the designs and colors was gone. This is what handmade art is. If you haven't seen it yet, this is how your scarf was made:

Welp. Super Ego put me on Blue Ban Island with strict instructions to stick to the Approved Purchase List for wish list items and the new season. "Remember," she said, "Our new motto is Say Grail or Say No and there is actually a budget involved here, Miss. Your days of hitting Add to Cart are numbered." :nono: I sulked for awhile and was good for a few minutes and then this happened :eek: In January a-lone and the month isn't even over! I'm feeling the way I used to when I'd sneak another pair of shoes into the house while DH was out late and the kids were at their after school activities. Kinda Sorry-Not-Sorry. Fessing up to 3 Id-induced Blue Ban Busters...

Who could resist this uber cuteness from SS2022? Not I, apparently. I tried. Sent it back, then re-ordered. Ooops.
View attachment 5303671
A 100 CS Galaxy (with Horse-tronauts!?!) from the boutique. The last fresh one in the store? It would have been cruel to leave it.
View attachment 5303921
A 140 Alliance du Monde from TRR? Like poor @Awillow, I had a blue moussie hole to fill so it was my bounden duty to pounce.
View attachment 5303922
Maybe I will now lose a Covid pound or two from the bread and water I will be subsisting on...
Haha! To sound a bit crude, dear LKBNOLA, ain’t it the truth. All three are marvelous but that Carres Volants is adorable. I violated my blue ban, too. Stay tuned.

View attachment 5303671
View attachment 5303921
View attachment 5303922
Beautiful collection LKBNOLA. I know what you mean. I told myself long ago, no more twillies or 90 silks. What happened, I am now waiting on a pair of new twillies and a 90 silk at my store. I also have a wishlist with some vintage scarves I am looking for every once in a while.

Ego told id that if it wanted certain designs at least they needed to be special. Super ego was even on board with that, probably thinking of future resale values, as if id would allow that.

I took a page from @LKBNOLA 's CCP to justify this purchase. Now to follow through and sell my current colorway.

SOTD is La Cité Cavalière scarf 90, UK Limited Edition, Bleu turquoise/gris bleute/verte, H0005047 16

20220120_154937.jpg

This is a pretty scarf.

20220121_094802.jpg

At the boutique when this was issued, Id said this shawl is beautiful and you don’t have a blue toned GM. Once home, ego didn’t like the lavender and tried matching the coral flowers. Then ego saw @bunnycat nonchalantly pairing the same scarf with burgundy tones and was a good student. Now, id and ego are both glad the GM wasn’t culled.

View attachment 5303509

Beautiful twin! So glad your Id and Ego prevailed on this one!!!

Dear Karenska, this is a beautiful version of Acte III. I think this design is especially great in the csgm format.

Lanit, these are both fabulous. I was unconvinced by the pareo format until now. Gorgeous.

You all are converting me to the ZP fan club. Great colors, rbh. (I hear a triangle whispering my name. Super ego has fingers in ears.)

Holy heck, labelo. What a beauty!! Agree with the rest of the crowd that 04 is the winner.

Lkb, what a beautiful color, and how great to have a scarf that evokes a wonderful experience. Bravo! (And even better that it was on your approved purchase list!)

Rbh, I love the marbled silk. How special those are! (Stay warm!)

You look beautiful, Kathanrina Luise. I love those pinks and purples on you!

Nomad, congratulations on achieving a higher plane than this mortal. It paid off for sure! Love that ivresse.

This looks so gorgeous in this shot, rbh. ❤❤❤

I (like many here) adore Alice Shirley. That appaloosa is spectacular, and the tie suits the design so well!

Gorgeous tyger, etsyboss!!

Wacky weather, bunny! Good job superego for that panoplie!! Perfect for a chilly day!

Maedi, this looks great with burgundy!!! :ps:

Indeed Awillow! It didn't come off until I was ready to take my bath and crawl in to bed with my little mini weaving loom and do a little weaving. :yes:

I really really like the colors and design of that panoplie. Those swirls of colors And grounded with your top color.

oh my. Love this blue. Makes me want to go to the Caribbean. Beautiful

Oh maedi, I soooooo get your post. I am so glad you kept this gorgeous scarf. One thing is for sure, watching the modeling pics on here with the pairings of silk w various colors in various wardrobes is so enlightening. I’m so thankful.

Thank you kindly Nomad!

Sotd. It looks white in photo but it is actually silver. Silver matches the silver gray in sweater coat. Jardins d’hiver. I thought I had worn this before but if you dont have a picture from posting on this thread then did it really happen :lol:. So I must not have, which would mean I bought it 16 months ago and haven’t worn it :noggin:
wanted to wear it the first pic way, but had to tie it down to keep it from slipping.
View attachment 5303636
View attachment 5303637

:lol: I hear ya. I f have so many pics on my pone now of scarves that I don't know what has made it here and what hasn't. But if it didn't make it here...did it happen at all??? :roflmfao: Yo look fab!

Its on my mind because I dithered last season and now there is only one cw left on the US site! I so wish I had purchased the pink/grey one when I had the chance @Katharina Luise -- maybe I will get lucky...

Thank you ladies (@Croisette7, @Katharina Luise and @Karenska) for the Appaloosa love!

Wow @EtsyBoss it is so wonderful on you in this dramatic cw! I have yet to venture into the reseller market as someone brand new to CSGM-- it is too expensive to have a steep learning curve so I played it safe on H.com and the boutique but I see a lot of temptation out there and this is proof that it is totally worth it!

Thank you! I actually find a lot to go with that GTN-- I especially like it on charcoal grey but it does love some camel/caramel tones!

Oh, @bunnycat I do love both looks so much. Panoplie looks so great in a shawl. And these colors are so wonderful together! We are having the same schizophrenic weather in NOLA... Also, :lol: at your Walken pun...

Hilarious, but a beautiful result @Awillow. Isn't that always the way? H magic is its own justification...

:lol: @paula24jen-- people are saying the same about Le Premier Chant this season...

This is gorgeous on you @Maedi! So glad the argument was won!

I love this whole look @Nomad! The photo light does change the colors of my tops/scarf combos at times too. I adore the pink hem on this and the silver background is so unusual...

Thank you! I can imagine you are experiencing wether whiplash also. C'est la Vie in the deep South. I agree Panoplie excels as a CSGM format. My favorite Walken is the dance routine set to Fatboy Slim's "Weapon of Choice" but this Walken in a Winter Wonderland uses the same video with Xmas music. :lol:

Wearing a CSGM today. Sous l´Egide de Mars. It is one of the few I have that are more neutral. I think I reasoned with myself at that time that I already has so much colourful that I needed something more low key. View attachment 5303759

The blue and white is stellar in this piece! Lovely!

So chic, as always, bunnycat!

Oh my, Awillow ... you have both of the most beautiful moussies!:heart:

Thank you, MAGJES!

It is amazing on you, Maedi!

Twins!

Stunning, Nahreen!

Thank you Croisette!

In my floatiest, most neutral scarf, Chevaux de Karnak. Enabled by @bunnycat View attachment 5303880

You look fab twin!!!

View attachment 5303671
View attachment 5303921
View attachment 5303922

:roflmfao: Ohhhhhh- but so glad you managed to scoop up that Galaxy!

Ego told id that if it wanted certain designs at least they needed to be special. Super ego was even on board with that, probably thinking of future resale values, as if id would allow that.

I took a page from @LKBNOLA 's CCP to justify this purchase. Now to follow through and sell my current colorway.

SOTD is La Cité Cavalière scarf 90, UK Limited Edition, Bleu turquoise/gris bleute/verte, H0005047 16

View attachment 5304009

This is a pretty scarf.

View attachment 5304010

The blues are really stunning in this one, and are perfect with the pop of pink hem.

Last edited:

View attachment 5303671
View attachment 5303921
View attachment 5303922
Twins on the Galaxy and it is looking fab on you!

Reactions: Snausages and Nomad
oooohh this is so pretty! Such a serene look in all its winter white
In my floatiest, most neutral scarf, Chevaux de Karnak. Enabled by @bunnycat View attachment 5303880
a wonderful neutral look awillow. It drapes so beautifully next to your brown swearer

View attachment 5303671
View attachment 5303921
View attachment 5303922
Too funny haha. These are all wonderful blues. I love hearing your story about the return and reorder. Because I might also end up doing that for a scarf this season. So this makes me feel better about it Haha.

View attachment 5304009

This is a pretty scarf.

View attachment 5304010
Woo hoo! You got your hands on one, Congratulations! It is so nice to see it modeled. Beautiful with pink. It is a unique color set I think. Is the blue water color similar to anything you own? Like is it similar to Tropicale in the 90. I can’t remember which tropicale you own.
And which cite do you already have?

View attachment 5304009

This is a pretty scarf.

View attachment 5304010
Omg!! Congrats!!:party:

View attachment 5303671
View attachment 5303921
View attachment 5303922
Love all your choices! I just received the same carres volants yesterday!

Status
Not open for further replies.