Scarves Scarf of the Day 2022 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to our own @Snausages, I'm now the delighted owner of Under the Waves in 04; a scarf I've been searching for for nearly two years!
View attachment 5301892

Id is very pleased. However, super ego is reminding me that just a couple months ago I broke down and bought one of my "backup" colorways, 07:

View attachment 5301893

The two are are surprisingly similar in tone; lots of shared colors. I even wore them with the same sweater, unintentionally. Id says keep them both; super ego says I must let 07 go. Will you all fill the role of ego and help me decide?
I say free the placeholder as it is very similar indeed - replenishes the H $$ kitty and could be the grail someone else has been searching for?

Thank you so very much dear @LKBNOLA! It looks like a gavroche on my photo, but it is a 90. I was a bit more successful in knotting than usually :lol: The scarfring helped ;) I have to say it is one of my most worn scarves!
Oh, sorry! I didn't mean to imply that yours was a gav-- only that I have not yet bought the design in that format (I too have a 90 and now a mousseline!). I just love the design so much I want them all!

What a great knot!!

Stunning colorway Croisette!

I love both looks and that is such a fabulous colorway. Sweet. Hem!

If only these silks really did fly out upon command. Twins on this marvelous colorway!
Thank you, MAGJES!

Like @labelo-- and I am sure many many others-- I am a newbie collector who was given an early push by Alice Shirley. At first my Super Ego rolled her eyes and my Ego was skeptical (Are these really practical for your lifestyle? Would you really wear this to a Board Meeting, a charity event or Friday night services?) BUT I fell in love with a blue Jaguar Quetzal, with Into the Canadian Wild and bought a shocking pink and black ZP because those were my Mardi Gras Krewe colors (and Mardi Gras is a 100% Id Experience). This past year I added or corrected colors on some older designs and added a ZP triangle, my love for which has bored y'all to tears already. My favorite new-to-me addition is Appaloosa des Steppes (now that I know something about tying scarfs) and my other two favorites are a second ITCW and a blue Awoo (influenced by so many of you here). Awoo has become a totally instinctive cozy-beautiful go-to for me. It is my SOTD today...
View attachment 5302957

View attachment 5302972

View attachment 5302973
Your Appaloosa knot is magnificent!

Reactions: Maedi and Nomad
Like @labelo-- and I am sure many many others-- I am a newbie collector who was given an early push by Alice Shirley. At first my Super Ego rolled her eyes and my Ego was skeptical (Are these really practical for your lifestyle? Would you really wear this to a Board Meeting, a charity event or Friday night services?) BUT I fell in love with a blue Jaguar Quetzal, with Into the Canadian Wild and bought a shocking pink and black ZP because those were my Mardi Gras Krewe colors (and Mardi Gras is a 100% Id Experience). This past year I added or corrected colors on some older designs and added a ZP triangle, my love for which has bored y'all to tears already. My favorite new-to-me addition is Appaloosa des Steppes (now that I know something about tying scarfs) and my other two favorites are a second ITCW and a blue Awoo (influenced by so many of you here). Awoo has become a totally instinctive cozy-beautiful go-to for me. It is my SOTD today...
View attachment 5302957

View attachment 5302972

View attachment 5302973
They are all beautiful, but the Appaloosa in these colors makes me faint! :love: Absolutely gorgeous! And this knot! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Id insisted on wearing my new silk muffler. Super ego says too cold at -10 deg F. Ego allowed it with long underwear and a fluffy sweater. Spring clothing is on hold for the time being.

Kyoto marble silk muffler

View attachment 5302946
Your marbles are absolutely wonderful! :love: And I hope you stay warm and healthy with the long underwear ;)

View attachment 5302957

View attachment 5302972

View attachment 5302973
All fabulous, Lkbnola, the Appaloosa would pair beautifully with your pink sweater, too, although it is stunning with black. I think I could add a third Appaloosa if I found that cw!

What I am wearing today - Tyger Tyger - a design my superego said no to initially because I thought the big cat face would be awkward but then as time went by, ego said the design is gorgeous and you will adore it, because it's Alice Shirley!! And she may not make any more Hermes designs. When I saw a *new in the box* one pop up in my favorite CSGM format on the reseller marker, id said GRAB IT! My first venture into second hand H. I was worried about authenticity but it feels exactly like my others, smells exactly the same, and has all the hallmarks. Very happy!

And here she is :heart:
TygerTygerShawl.JPG

I think the one area where all three aspects of my personality are in total agreement is in "our" love of what I call Story Scarves. I never hesitated for a second on Acte III, Danse of the Amazones, Artisans and, while it took me a little while to warm up to Animapolis, I now see it as a wonderful graphic novel telling a powerful story. Most of these silks I love so much that I have two cws. Here are a few, including this season's Le Premier Chant:
View attachment 5300672View attachment 5300673View attachment 5300674View attachment 5300675View attachment 5300676
View attachment 5302957

View attachment 5302972

View attachment 5302973
all of these are amazing! I can’t even pick a favorite. I wish I had more camel/caramel in my wardrobe to have kept that light pink gtn. It looks so good with that sweater. And I l or hearing about your process.
What I am wearing today - Tyger Tyger - a design my superego said no to initially because I thought the big cat face would be awkward but then as time went by, ego said the design is gorgeous and you will adore it, because it's Alice Shirley!! And she may not make any more Hermes designs. When I saw a *new in the box* one pop up in my favorite CSGM format on the reseller marker, id said GRAB IT! My first venture into second hand H. I was worried about authenticity but it feels exactly like my others, smells exactly the same, and has all the hallmarks. Very happy!

View attachment 5303055
this is gorgeous! I love a bold colored scarf like this. Gorgeous.
Did anyone here read Andre Leon Talley's memoir, 'The Chiffon Trenches'? I highly recommend it, especially the audiobook. In it, he spoke about having custom suit jackets lined with Hermès scarves, which I would LOVE to see. Surely (hopefully!) they will wind up in a collection somewhere. In honor of his bold style and legacy and on the news of his passing today, I am wearing my most "id" scarf with the boldest colors and design elements out, Zoaves et Dragons. May he rest in peace.

View attachment 5302087
this is such a sleeper scarf design. I had no prob scrolling by it on h.com. Then Someone else posted this design here a long while ago and it blew me over like this one you posted. This design is so much better tied! Love this
There are many designs which cause me to debate pros and cons. And some seasons just don't inspire me. But so far, when it comes to MP, the only internal monologue focuses on how many cws to buy :shocked:

Wearing today my other phoenix pareo. It reads black, grey and white. But like the 90cm, there are shades of dark green, aubergine and vanilla. Under warm fluorescent light, it looks cream with russet plumage. Superego never puts up much of a fight when I want a pareo as it is a very suitable format for the tropics.
View attachment 5302724
ahhhh your Phoenix and in such a beautiful neutral AND a Pareo. Wow!
Id insisted on wearing my new silk muffler. Super ego says too cold at -10 deg F. Ego allowed it with long underwear and a fluffy sweater. Spring clothing is on hold for the time being.

Kyoto marble silk muffler

View attachment 5302946
Hahaa awesome post w the long underwear Making it work! you ‘winterized’ it as Nola coined it I think. it is breathtaking

View attachment 5303055

Congrats! It's a beauty! Many of the TT CSGMs had very pretty color ways. :tup:

Since we are on the topic of psychology this week....I think someone needs to psychoanalyze Texas weather....

Yesterday it's all "The hills are alive....." with birds and sun and songs...wearing a t-shirt and light sweater in the morning with UTW 90cm that Id and Ego were super happy to find, but Superego grumbled a little at the price the other 2 were willing to pay.... :lol: Then down to just a t-shirt and scarf by the afternoon high of 78F.

sunnyid.jpg

And today we're "Walkin' (or Walken... :lol: ) in a Winter Wonderland....with an estimated high of 35F and a winter weather advisory for the afternoon.... :cray: with Panoplie Equestre which all 3 facets were a-ok with. Id was happy about the cashmere. :love: Ego said: "Great colors! Ties well! Goes with many pieces in my wardrobe!" And Superego was happy about the price and gave a quick :tup:

panopliewinter.jpg

Ego: There is a blue hole in our moussie collection.
Id: You are absolutely right. We had better get right on that.
Ego: Alas, Id, we did not budget for a blue moussie this year.
Id: But look at this one. It's not too expensive, and you know we how love azulejos. And really, what are the odds of finding all our grails this year anyway?

Clearly super ego is easily convinced, because here it is.
0120221449b_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.