Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is going to be another wonderful week! Xincinsin, you have earned your stars hosting back to back fantastic themes---thanks to you and everyone for sharing some wonderful and inventive theme scarves! I need to go back to catch up (a prolific 24 hrs from all of you!), but want to post this one before I forget.

Presentation de Chevaux by Ledoux reminds me of Handel's Water Music. The date shown at the top is 1642, so this music was actually created later in 1717...earlier Baroque music would probably be chronologically more appropriate, but I love the Water Music suite--royalty, formality, presentation.

IMG_3578.JPG

marvelous intro xincinsin! We are twins with this cw of EU - but you’ve shown me another side of it - I love it with pink!

Well… that’s stunning! Just a gorgeous color!

Lovely post RBH! I love reading about the scarves, AM is a beauty!

The cutest with this red scarf ring! Also < ogling even closer >, tres chic!

You have such a wonderful smile! And a marvelous collection of horsey scarves! Neigh… you can’t deny it - tis true!

:faint: oh dear, that’s glorious :faint:

GAH!!! It’s fantabulous! :faint:
Thank you kindly, dear Cookie!

This looks glorious and is delightfully paired :heart:

Thanks so much! :flowers:
You’re a kindred spirit as the lion share of my silks are clearly horsey. I do favor a few other themes & will share later so I don’t completely look like a one-trick pony
:hs:

This is a definite musical beauty! :girlsigh:

Your appreciation is high praise:flowers:
This one is a sleeper design imo that I only managed to track down in a preferred cw this year... Full name is Attelages a Quatre 1820-1860 and is by our beloved Ledoux.
View attachment 5255940
turf, this is truly a great find ... thank you for sharing such Ledoux treasure!

You are a dear :hugs:

*Vowing not to leave posting to last minute this week I quickly offer these theme-stretchers:

I adore the musical sound of horses in harness... the beats of hooves, jangle of tack and creaking of wood:
Coach & Saddle
View attachment 5255838
L’Hiver en Poste
View attachment 5255840
Attelages a Quatre
View attachment 5255841

The thunder of hooves on a racetrack or polo field is also musical to me...
Courses A Chantilly
View attachment 5255845
Les Poneys de Polo
View attachment 5255846

No surprise- whinnying horses in the stable is music to my ears...
View attachment 5255847
actual SOTD: Les Boxes
View attachment 5255844

Looking forward to a musical week y’all
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
Agree that everything horsey is musical! Your collex is so happy-making!
Thank you, bunnycat (you know my closet very well), here is the Orgauphone

View attachment 5255853
Love the colors and the jacquard weave!
Ah, @xincinsin, you are completely right! I had intended to post Quintessence during pink week but here it is and yes, it makes my heart sing! (twins with @Redbirdhermes and sisters with @Living.la.vida.fifi and I am sure many others...)
Editing to add that on the Carre de Paris blog, she notes that Zoe Pauwels has stated that she is very influenced by music in her work which does reflect so many musical elements and themes ...
View attachment 5255854
What a luscious changeant!
This is going to be another wonderful week! Xincinsin, you have earned your stars hosting back to back fantastic themes---thanks to you and everyone for sharing some wonderful and inventive theme scarves! I need to go back to catch up (a prolific 24 hrs from all of you!), but want to post this one before I forget.

Presentation de Chevaux by Ledoux reminds me of Handel's Water Music. The date shown at the top is 1642, so this music was actually created later in 1717...earlier Baroque music would probably be chronologically more appropriate, but I love the Water Music suite--royalty, formality, presentation.

View attachment 5255947
The horses look like they’re dancing to the music!
I will not forget Mozart

View attachment 5255974

on site at Sacher, Salzburg

View attachment 5255975
Mmmmmm Sacher torte! My grandparents hailed from Vienna so I was fortunate to be introduced to this delight early. What a wonderful and delicious SoS !

Thanks so much! :flowers:
You’re a kindred spirit as the lion share of my silks are clearly horsey. I do favor a few other themes & will share later so I don’t completely look like a one-trick pony

This is a definite musical beauty! :girlsigh:

This one is a sleeper design imo that I only managed to track down in a preferred cw this year... Full name is Attelages a Quatre 1820-1860 and is by our beloved Ledoux.
View attachment 5255940
This Attelage à quatre is a dream! The middle row with the brown and white horses is so beautiful. Thank you for showing it flat.

• Love
Reactions: turfnsurf
Ah, @xincinsin, you are completely right! I had intended to post Quintessence during pink week but here it is and yes, it makes my heart sing! (twins with @Redbirdhermes and sisters with @Living.la.vida.fifi and I am sure many others...)
Editing to add that on the Carre de Paris blog, she notes that Zoe Pauwels has stated that she is very influenced by music in her work which does reflect so many musical elements and themes ...
View attachment 5255854
This is such a dreamy ensemble. I could get lost in the colors from lipstick to top and scarf. Please wear this often

Thank you, @xincinsin , for hosting both last week with its theme of Homes, and this week's theme of Do, Re, Mi. There are reminders of music all around us, and I very much enjoyed your introduction to this week.

Axis mundi is Latin for the axis of Earth between the celestial poles. More broadly, it is any mythological concept representing the connection between Heaven and Earth. The image of a tree is an axis mundi symbol uniting the underworld, the earth, and the sky. Homes can function as an axis Mundi with the central pillar or the hearth representing the connection to the sky. Music can connect us to the spiritual as well.

My Axis Mundi represents the connection of theme weeks from the Earth, our Home, and the Music of the Cosmos, represented here by the Tree of Life, and the Lyre.

View attachment 5255762View attachment 5255763
View attachment 5255789
Beautiful-- and I love your inter-theme connections-- so thoughtful and interesting @Redbirdhermes.
Awww, thank you :P
It’s usually the only makeup I wear (easiest to apply) :giggle:
I am TIA with this makeup strategy @turfnsurf! But TPF is inspiring to go beyond the two that I wear. Another slippery slope...
Such a pretty tie @Croisette7 ...
You are a dear :hugs:
*Vowing not to leave posting to last minute this week I quickly offer these theme-stretchers:
I adore the musical sound of horses in harness... the beats of hooves, jangle of tack and creaking of wood:
Coach & Saddle
View attachment 5255838
L’Hiver en Poste
View attachment 5255840
Attelages a Quatre
View attachment 5255841

The thunder of hooves on a racetrack or polo field is also musical to me...
Courses A Chantilly
View attachment 5255845
Les Poneys de Polo
View attachment 5255846
No surprise- whinnying horses in the stable is music to my ears...
View attachment 5255847
actual SOTD: Les Boxes
View attachment 5255844
Looking forward to a musical week y’all
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:
This was a great post and I love the variation of "music to my ears"! And really, after last week and this, I NEED to find a Les Boxes in a color like this...
Thank you, bunnycat (you know my closet very well), here is the Orgauphone
View attachment 5255853
Lovely Croisette!
So elegant!
Ah, thank you @Croisette7! I feel lucky to have found such a beautiful changeant.
marvelous intro xincinsin! We are twins with this cw of EU - but you’ve shown me another side of it - I love it with pink!
The cutest with this red scarf ring! Also < ogling even closer >, tres chic!
GAH!!! It’s fantabulous! :faint:
Thank you so much dear Cookiefiend! You are the moussie queen so it means a lot! I am triplets with the EU and also thought it looks great with pink!
View attachment 5255940
Thank you so much @turfnsurf! No one could ever think you are a one trick pony (though that emoji is adorable!). I agree the Attelages is wonderful -- Congratulations on finding a rare Ledoux beauty and for introducing it to us!

View attachment 5255947
Beautiful and also a lovely musical association. I would not have thought of it but I can totally see it (hear it) @bruxelles70.
I will not forget Mozart
View attachment 5255974
on site at Sacher, Salzburg
View attachment 5255975
What a lovely photo of what looks like a lovely (and delicious!) afternoon @Croisette7!
:ty: @Snausages!
Sorry a day late for last weeks theme. Wilderness and woods and nature is home to me. very much so. And obv to animals. So Canadian wild from yesterday. And today for music it is the sound of tennis balls being smacked that is music to my ears!! Very much so again lol
View attachment 5255983View attachment 5255982
Your ITCW is simply gorgeous @Nomad-- that hem! those colors! Looks fabulous with your sweater. And very clever to connect the percussive thwack of tennis balls! :biggrin:
This is such a dreamy ensemble. I could get lost in the colors from lipstick to top and scarf. Please wear this often
Oh thank you dear sweet @Maedi! That is so kind. It is a new lipstick for me! I went to a lovely place called FACE Stockholm where they work their magic in natural light in nice big windows... And I thought of you as the scarf has pink and orange colors!

In the days before cellphones belt out the latest hit as ringtone and before my FIL bought a digital clock with 24 different tunes, one for each hour :faint:, I thought cuckoo clocks were adorable with the animated bird popping out to a musical chime. After a day filled with muzak and the clatter of keyboards, string instruments are still my favorite balm for soothing my savaged nerves.
PicsArt_11-22-07.25.26.jpg
Keeping warm with Animapolis
PicsArt_11-22-07.23.04.jpg

Thank you so much for hosting a great week with all those home truths, @xincinsin - and for hosting this week as well!

I‘ll start by a blend of both weeks (in fact, I showed this picture already in J-Week due to the scarf’s 3CA1E561-9372-4FF7-8C76-997AF77CE100.jpegBF600A47-D6D2-4A1B-9470-613D4D02D2DC.jpegname).
Les Jardins d‘Andalousie has images of villages that make me think of many happy holidays spent there when the South of Spain was like a second home to me. And when I think of Andalusia, of course I think of Flamenco - the music and the dance!

For want of an adorable grandchild or a furry friend I added a pomegranate. ;)

Thank you so much for hosting a great week with all those home truths, @xincinsin - and for hosting this week as well!

I‘ll start by a blend of both weeks (in fact, I showed this picture already in J-Week due to the scarf’s View attachment 5256488View attachment 5256489name).
Les Jardins d‘Andalousie has images of villages that make me think of many happy holidays spent there when the South of Spain was like a second home to me. And when I think of Andalusia, of course I think of Flamenco - the music and the dance!

For want of an adorable grandchild or a furry friend I added a pomegranate. ;)
Ohmigosh… I honestly thought the real pomegranate was part of the scarf!!! :facepalm:
In my (scant) defense, the pomegranates are so lifelike on the scarf they look as though you actually could take a bite out of them! ❤️

Agree that everything horsey is musical! Your collex is so happy-making!

Love the colors and the jacquard weave!

The horses look like they’re dancing to the music!

Mmmmmm Sacher torte! My grandparents hailed from Vienna so I was fortunate to be introduced to this delight early. What a wonderful and delicious SoS !
Thank you Snausages! Their Patisserie and tartes are tdf, really!

Sorry a day late for last weeks theme. Wilderness and woods and nature is home to me. very much so. And obv to animals. So Canadian wild from yesterday. And today for music it is the sound of tennis balls being smacked that is music to my ears!! Very much so again lol
View attachment 5255983View attachment 5255982
The first knot is so well done, Nomad!

Love all of this!!
Thank you!

Perfect and makes my mouth water.
I believe you, dear!

Beautiful-- and I love your inter-theme connections-- so thoughtful and interesting @Redbirdhermes.

I am TIA with this makeup strategy @turfnsurf! But TPF is inspiring to go beyond the two that I wear. Another slippery slope...

Such a pretty tie @Croisette7 ...

This was a great post and I love the variation of "music to my ears"! And really, after last week and this, I NEED to find a Les Boxes in a color like this...

Lovely Croisette!

Ah, thank you @Croisette7! I feel lucky to have found such a beautiful changeant.

Thank you so much dear Cookiefiend! You are the moussie queen so it means a lot! I am triplets with the EU and also thought it looks great with pink!

Thank you so much @turfnsurf! No one could ever think you are a one trick pony (though that emoji is adorable!). I agree the Attelages is wonderful -- Congratulations on finding a rare Ledoux beauty and for introducing it to us!

Beautiful and also a lovely musical association. I would not have thought of it but I can totally see it (hear it) @bruxelles70.

What a lovely photo of what looks like a lovely (and delicious!) afternoon @Croisette7!

:ty: @Snausages!

Your ITCW is simply gorgeous @Nomad-- that hem! those colors! Looks fabulous with your sweater. And very clever to connect the percussive thwack of tennis balls! :biggrin:

Oh thank you dear sweet @Maedi! That is so kind. It is a new lipstick for me! I went to a lovely place called FACE Stockholm where they work their magic in natural light in nice big windows... And I thought of you as the scarf has pink and orange colors!
Thank you so much, LKBNOLA!

Reactions: Maedi
Status
Not open for further replies.