Scarves Scarf of the Day 2021 - Which Hermès scarf are you wearing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @Snausages- and love your name. Your scarf, the memories and the cufflinks turned into jewelry are so beautiful and special. Thank you for sharing.
This week was drop deadline, so I was to work like a bunny the last few days to get things done on time.

Thank you so kindly Marie-the-Mary!

Thank you LKB!

Stunningly put together!

Thank you Croisette!

This is amazing Croisette! :tup:

WOWZA! I love all the details you have found on this one!

Thank you kindly bruxelles!

Thank you kindly Agrume!

Magnificent combination!!! You do the animal prints very well!

Oh goodness- so cute! And the colors are fantastic!

Thank you kindly Snausages! :hugs:

:lol: Yaaas! That works! (And it is gorgeous!)

Beautiful- congrats!

Perfect for this week bruxelles!

That red hem is DIVINE!!!
oooh- I love the sentiment with this one! Beautiful all around!
Dear TPF thank you for providing me a break from packing and agonizing over which scarfs get to travel to NOLA and which wait patiently here in the cold until May. I'd rather look at your mod shots than this:
View attachment 5255499

Thank you so much @Croisette7 , @Agrume and @Maedi for the compliments on my green sweater. It was just a happy accident that I plucked it off a pile just before packing! Now I have another nice scarf/sweater combo!

:lol: --but yes, nice to have the resonance with the design and the cw is perfect (though the river rarely looked so blue!).

Ah, thank you for this @Maedi-- the Cite in pink and orange (a combination I love) is a real stunner. I forgot about Pivoines for this theme and your Ecuries is charming.

Oh, yes @Snausages! I do know that exhilarating feeling when the scarf/outfit just sings and of course please ping me anytime you see an item I have mentioned...A scarf here, a scarf there and pretty soon you're talking real money to paraphrase someone...
I was very touched by your story of the association of Galaxy and your late father and the beautiful reclamation of the cufflinks made me tear up...A lovely thing to do and have to keep him close.

:ty: Bunnycat. It is the special issue for the Conservancy. One of my Board members was also deeply involved on that Board of Trustees as well so I used to have a chance to see/hear about plans and projects in detail. It was amazing to see the transformation over the years. And then of course after 9/11.

:ty: I know the City is special to you too, dear Karenska.
What a gorgeous photo of 2 scarf lovers!

Thank you for sharing the story behind this, Snausages!

Thank you so much, Bunnycat!

This Per aspera ad astra is beautiful! And you are the queen of matching lipsticks!
Thank you all for such kind sentiments :hbeat: Hermes scarves are truly more than just pretty colors and luxurious accessories. Truly they are works of art that can strike a chord beyond the appreciation for the item itself

Our new theme for the week is
Do Re Mi
Scarves which remind You of Music and Songs

Music and songs permeate life in many ways. Music can be uplifting or soothing, ear-splitting or a gentle murmur, formal or the extreme opposite.

In one of its latest designs, H has reimagined Faubourg as a boom box, surrounded by tiny pixelated dancers.
View attachment 5255712
At the other end of the spectrum, we have the delicate plucked tones of the koto in a formal and stylized performance by a Geisha.
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
Somewhere in between lies the music and songs we are more familiar with. The sweet sounds of the carousel from our childhood:
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
And the catchy tunes from Broadway musicals: Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors, as seen in Exposition Universelle.
View attachment 5255713
What musical associations can you find in your scarves?
What a fun intro and that Faubourg Party is in competition with Quatre Chevaux and 12 Leopards for my credit card!
Great intro, dear xincinsin!
I think, I only have one for this week: Fleurs de l‘Opera

View attachment 5255737
Love this colorway! And I’m confident that with a little stretching you have all sorts of beauties to contribute this week (the ringing of buckles in Sangles!)
Thank you, @xincinsin , for hosting both last week with its theme of Homes, and this week's theme of Do, Re, Mi. There are reminders of music all around us, and I very much enjoyed your introduction to this week.

Axis mundi is Latin for the axis of Earth between the celestial poles. More broadly, it is any mythological concept representing the connection between Heaven and Earth. The image of a tree is an axis mundi symbol uniting the underworld, the earth, and the sky. Homes can function as an axis Mundi with the central pillar or the hearth representing the connection to the sky. Music can connect us to the spiritual as well.

My Axis Mundi represents the connection of theme weeks from the Earth, our Home, and the Music of the Cosmos, represented here by the Tree of Life, and the Lyre.

View attachment 5255762View attachment 5255763
View attachment 5255789
As always I love the background you provide to the design and the scarf itself!
Very few in my collex that are on theme. Here is my black and white Concerto gav. Happy Sunday all!
View attachment 5255790
So classic and love the gav ring!

You look wonderful @turfnsurf-- the Ad Astra is so charming, the red hem is perfect, as is the lovely green border on Equipements -- all fabulous! And your delightful smile :smile:

Just gorgeous @Agrume-- thank you for posting. I really do think of these as "your" colors. I am so happy to have this beautiful design and be sisters with so many!

First of all, thank you for your wonderful hosting last week and here you are with another fabulous intro doing double duty! Your selections are all so charming @xincinsin and, as always, fun (boom box), evocative (carousel) and lovely (geisha with koto). I am twins with you on Exposition Universelle and never made the connection to Little Shop of Horrors!

This is an absolutely lovely cw @Croisette7!
Thank you, LKBNOLA!

Very few in my collex that are on theme. Here is my black and white Concerto gav. Happy Sunday all!
View attachment 5255790
Perfect example for the week!

These are all beautiful!
You are a dear :hugs:

*Vowing not to leave posting to last minute this week I quickly offer these theme-stretchers:

I adore the musical sound of horses in harness... the beats of hooves, jangle of tack and creaking of wood:
Coach & Saddle
822809AE-84FC-4D10-89D7-24C138659D72.jpeg
L’Hiver en Poste
1C111F4D-EC41-433E-BFA5-D8E1C0C57E98.jpeg
Attelages a Quatre
78BD8093-3CE0-4C3F-8881-9BB86DFD9B53.jpeg

The thunder of hooves on a racetrack or polo field is also musical to me...
Courses A Chantilly
B2CBA7A9-E04C-4034-A88B-8ACC4B8D2FFA.jpeg
Les Poneys de Polo
75069B7E-B5B0-4159-AE11-4A692CC807FB.jpeg

No surprise- whinnying horses in the stable is music to my ears...
8F807F32-7A87-433A-AA01-B9195D8C7885.jpeg
actual SOTD: Les Boxes
88C0CA49-4F43-490E-BE6A-B0FCD313B2F0.jpeg

Looking forward to a musical week y’all
:whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle::whistle:

Ah, @xincinsin, you are completely right! I had intended to post Quintessence during pink week but here it is and yes, it makes my heart sing! (twins with @Redbirdhermes and sisters with @Living.la.vida.fifi and I am sure many others...)
Editing to add that on the Carre de Paris blog, she notes that Zoe Pauwels has stated that she is very influenced by music in her work which does reflect so many musical elements and themes ...
IMG_1460.jpg

Last edited:
What a fun intro and that Faubourg Party is in competition with Quatre Chevaux and 12 Leopards for my credit card!

Love this colorway! And I’m confident that with a little stretching you have all sorts of beauties to contribute this week (the ringing of buckles in Sangles!)

As always I love the background you provide to the design and the scarf itself!

So classic and love the gav ring!
Thank you Snausages ... will search in my archive.

Reactions: Snausages

*Vowing not to leave posting to last minute this week I quickly offer these theme-stretchers:

I adore the musical sound of horses in harness... the beats of hooves, jangle of tack and creaking of wood:
Coach & Saddle
View attachment 5255838
L’Hiver en Poste
View attachment 5255840
Attelages a Quatre
View attachment 5255841

Courses A Chantilly
View attachment 5255845
Les Poneys de Polo
View attachment 5255846

View attachment 5255847
View attachment 5255844

Coach and Saddle = an amazing cw
Chantilly is so cute in green
Les Boxes is outstanding in mint
Attelages a Quatre = unknown to me ... I would like to see it flat, if possible sometime?

Ah, @xincinsin, you are completely right! I had intended to post Quintessence during pink week but here it is and yes, it makes my heart sing! (twins with @Redbirdhermes and sisters with @Living.la.vida.fifi and I am sure many others...)
Editing to add that on the Carre de Paris blog, she notes that Zoe Pauwels has stated that she is very influenced by music in her work which does reflect so many musical elements and themes ...
View attachment 5255854
So elegant!

Coach & Saddle
View attachment 5255838
L’Hiver en Poste
View attachment 5255840
Attelages a Quatre
View attachment 5255841

Courses A Chantilly
View attachment 5255845
Les Poneys de Polo
View attachment 5255846

View attachment 5255847
View attachment 5255844

I love your horse themed scarves. When I first started with H scarves, they had to have a horse design.

Our new theme for the week is
Do Re Mi
Scarves which remind You of Music and Songs

Music and songs permeate life in many ways. Music can be uplifting or soothing, ear-splitting or a gentle murmur, formal or the extreme opposite.

In one of its latest designs, H has reimagined Faubourg as a boom box, surrounded by tiny pixelated dancers.
View attachment 5255712
At the other end of the spectrum, we have the delicate plucked tones of the koto in a formal and stylized performance by a Geisha.
View attachment 5255715
View attachment 5255718
Somewhere in between lies the music and songs we are more familiar with. The sweet sounds of the carousel from our childhood:
View attachment 5255714
View attachment 5255723
And the catchy tunes from Broadway musicals: Audrey II from Little Shop of Horrors, as seen in Exposition Universelle.
View attachment 5255713
What musical associations can you find in your scarves?
marvelous intro xincinsin! We are twins with this cw of EU - but you’ve shown me another side of it - I love it with pink!
Great intro, dear xincinsin!
I think, I only have one for this week: Fleurs de l‘Opera

View attachment 5255737
Well… that’s stunning! Just a gorgeous color!
Thank you, @xincinsin , for hosting both last week with its theme of Homes, and this week's theme of Do, Re, Mi. There are reminders of music all around us, and I very much enjoyed your introduction to this week.

Axis mundi is Latin for the axis of Earth between the celestial poles. More broadly, it is any mythological concept representing the connection between Heaven and Earth. The image of a tree is an axis mundi symbol uniting the underworld, the earth, and the sky. Homes can function as an axis Mundi with the central pillar or the hearth representing the connection to the sky. Music can connect us to the spiritual as well.

My Axis Mundi represents the connection of theme weeks from the Earth, our Home, and the Music of the Cosmos, represented here by the Tree of Life, and the Lyre.

View attachment 5255762View attachment 5255763
View attachment 5255789
Lovely post RBH! I love reading about the scarves, AM is a beauty!
View attachment 5255790
The cutest with this red scarf ring! Also < ogling even closer >, tres chic!

Coach & Saddle
View attachment 5255838
L’Hiver en Poste
View attachment 5255840
Attelages a Quatre
View attachment 5255841

Courses A Chantilly
View attachment 5255845
Les Poneys de Polo
View attachment 5255846

View attachment 5255847
View attachment 5255844

You have such a wonderful smile! And a marvelous collection of horsey scarves! Neigh… you can’t deny it - tis true!
Thank you, bunnycat (you know my closet very well), here is the Orgauphone

View attachment 5255853
:faint: oh dear, that’s glorious :faint:
View attachment 5255854
GAH!!! It’s fantabulous! :faint:

View attachment 5255854
This looks glorious and is delightfully paired :heart:

I love your horse themed scarves. When I first started with H scarves, they had to have a horse design.
Thanks so much! :flowers:
You’re a kindred spirit as the lion share of my silks are clearly horsey. I do favor a few other themes & will share later so I don’t completely look like a one-trick pony
:hs:

Thank you, bunnycat (you know my closet very well), here is the Orgauphone
View attachment 5255853
This is a definite musical beauty! :girlsigh:

Coach and Saddle = an amazing cw
Chantilly is so cute in green
Les Boxes is outstanding in mint
Attelages a Quatre = unknown to me ... I would like to see it flat, if possible sometime?

Your appreciation is high praise:flowers:
This one is a sleeper design imo that I only managed to track down in a preferred cw this year... Full name is Attelages a Quatre 1820-1860 and is by our beloved Ledoux.
7EF2F882-8BE4-4253-ACA7-56330B641070.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.