Chanel RTW ~ Reveals, Chit-chat & Info thread

I do think that a big RTW customer should have any bags they want. They’re entitled to it.

most likely resellers are in the ranks of vips or above, IDK.

The limits and competition might squeeze out the small customer, without a purchase history, who may be able or willing to buy from a reseller, and who saves up for their first and only chanel bag.

Last edited:
Reactions: Zarie72
I do think that a big RTW customer should have any bags they want. They’re entitled to it.

most likely resellers are in the ranks of vips or above, IDK.

The limits and competition might squeeze out the small customer, without a purchase history, who may be able or willing to buy from a reseller, and who saves up for their first and only chanel bag.
IMO they should focus on eliminating resellers. Anything else is taking the easy way out, but not necessarily the best way for normal customers.

Well- as long as we are chit chatting - just want to say I’ve really enjoyed my new winter 2021Chanel Pearl beads. What fun to wear ! I
Here with worn with a Givenchy suit and a Prada dress and a Chanel sheath dress

Attachments

• 05B0713D-9074-40E0-A5F2-C9931FEDB8C7.png
    05B0713D-9074-40E0-A5F2-C9931FEDB8C7.png
    1 MB · Views: 114
  • A02EEA42-391E-4B4E-9197-D7CC4C5504EC.jpeg
    A02EEA42-391E-4B4E-9197-D7CC4C5504EC.jpeg
    152 KB · Views: 118
  • B787CDCC-B4AE-40B8-8C51-9D214541E118.jpeg
    B787CDCC-B4AE-40B8-8C51-9D214541E118.jpeg
    105.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 6D6E8C6C-41D2-4473-83E6-3F9D41C09645.jpeg
    6D6E8C6C-41D2-4473-83E6-3F9D41C09645.jpeg
    99.2 KB · Views: 98
I’m not a huge buyer if Chanel bags but I did get this Coco Handle this season- love the SO Black hardware-and chevron quilting. Have nothing of value to add on the limiting of Chanel classic bags to clients. Have a hard time wrapping my head around the classic flaps being as much as Hermès, tho.

Attachments

• 0C03DD22-067C-4490-835D-499DDAD5094A.jpeg
    0C03DD22-067C-4490-835D-499DDAD5094A.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 92
I get the sense that they put resellers as VVIP since I know in some countries there’s resellers who buy every stock of the popular sizes of a particular shoe (I forgot which shoe now) every season and sell it for a mark up. It’s a common knowledge amongst all the country managers of competing brands as they often chat about different brand strategies. Chanel playing the game have really helped them weather through the pandemic by saying things are limited or not available…

IMO they should focus on eliminating resellers. Anything else is taking the easy way out, but not necessarily the best way for normal customers.

Anyone have these cargo boots? This is new bout style territory for me - just wondered what the folks here might know ;)
Is the question on these specific boots or the style?
I don't have these boots but I have a lot of doc Martens style boots/combat boots from Balenciaga/Ann Demeulemeester, etc. They generally look cute with feminine dresses IMHO and they always work with skinny jeans/pants.

• Insightful
Reactions: 880 and TankerToad
I don't have these boots but I have a lot of doc Martens style boots/combat boots from Balenciaga/Ann Demeulemeester, etc. They generally look cute with feminine dresses IMHO and they always work with skinny jeans/pants.
Thanks - in this case these specific boots - but also the basic style. Thank you - I see this look in Europe often. Not as much where I am- but toying with the idea of these with my new Chanel tunic and crop jacket.

Met up with my new sweet SA for the first time today. She got me to try on some jackets. First one, I loved the iridescent tweed but it’s 3 sizes too big. The seamstress said she could alter the sizing though I’m not sure how it would look. Second one fit me well but I didn’t really love it. Third one.. OMG! It was soooo nice but cost twice as much as the black tweed 4-pocket jacket. Does anyone have this 21C sparkly jacket in the last pic? Is it worth it? Please talk me out of it :eek:
AB5600AB-2534-47C7-86B8-C113397F98DF.jpeg8C684858-17F1-46FE-9EA1-A3EF302C5B17.jpeg7FA749D3-DAD0-4BC1-A798-5D283CB2A2CB.jpegCD8D6989-04A2-45BC-8E0F-A77A6FC4B9AE.jpeg

Last edited:
Met up with my new sweet SA for the first time today. She got me to try on some jackets. First one, I loved the iridescent tweed but it’s 3 sizes too big. The seamstress said she could alter the sizing though I’m not sure how it would look. Second one fit me well but I didn’t really love it. Third one.. OMG! It was soooo nice but cost twice as much as the black tweed 4-pocket jacket. Does anyone have this 21C sparkly jacket in the last pic? Is it worth it? Please talk me out of it :eek:
View attachment 5220965View attachment 5220966View attachment 5220967View attachment 5220971
Wow - I think this is the first I’ve seen that third jacket - love the cut - almost like a kimono - the pearls and sequins are probably what makes it so pricey.
Could you wear it by day?
It’s exquisite

Ditto to TT's post, never seen jacket #3. I think the stitching of the pearls really affected the price. It is lovely!
TT, beautiful necklace! Did you get the zip front white suit as well. I think you had been considering it. I am going to my boutique this weekend and was hoping to see it. My SA unfortunately said it sold immediately when she got her order in.

Well- as long as we are chit chatting - just want to say I’ve really enjoyed my new winter 2021Chanel Pearl beads. What fun to wear ! I
Here with worn with a Givenchy suit and a Prada dress and a Chanel sheath dress
You look gorgeous! LOVE how you styled this! Am thinking modern Audrey H

@monkyjib, I love all three jackets, and they can easily tailor them to fit perfectly. I love #2 and would have bought it, but I don’t need another black jacket. IMO So wearable for every day and can be dressed up too. Also #3 is gorgeous, but I find that to feel okay with oneself in spending double or more, you have adore it off the bat And not want to take it off. Or at least that’s how I eliminate choices.

Last edited:
+1 with Brooklynite
@TankerToad, I have some designer ones, but I actually wear the doc martens ones the most. I feel that if we wear so much premier designer RTW, a more mainstream shoe makes the look more street appropriate and more youthful :smile: (of course when I go into chanel, Dior or brunello — my RTW boutiques of choice these days— my SAs just chuckle at my chosen footwear)

• Haha
Reactions: TankerToad