Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

That’s quite strange. I went back to the website to take a look and now I notice some say “almost gone.”
I wonder how many they stock of these bags.. After finding out that these bags are not in pristine condition, I kinda don’t like that you can’t even see what bag you’re getting, you’re just purchasing a bag off of a picture of the the prettiest bag they’ve restored. I think for these reloved bags, the least they could do is take pictures of the individual bags so buyers know what they’re actually getting. (Or would that expose Coach’s greed too much? :thinking::giggle:)

Exactly how I feel. The bags are hit or miss in terms of condition. Check out the BT lunchbox that sold for $550:
AC16F93A-015F-47A2-8FFB-7A4C43461944.jpeg
Note the piping wear along the top.

Exactly how I feel. The bags are hit or miss in terms of condition. Check out the BT lunchbox that sold for $550:
View attachment 5143072
Note the piping wear along the top.
It looks like they’re not going to bother rehabbing the bags that will be traded in for credit? What’s so special about this and one that you can find on eBay for bottom dollar? I wonder. I guess people have a lot of money to spend and as long as they continue to buy them from coach, they will continue to charge high prices for them.

Finished buffing my lunchbox and added a little friend :biggrin:
(Told myself to stop buying bags, so what do I do… start buying fobs instead :facepalm:)

View attachment 5143134
it even has a little fluffy butt!:giggle:
View attachment 5143136
It looks so cute on your bag! I love decorating my bags with fobs. That fluff is real mink! I love the animals with the tails. Don't fall down the fob rabbit hole! I did, and now I have over 100.

It looks so cute on your bag! I love decorating my bags with fobs. That fluff is real mink! I love the animals with the tails. Don't fall down the fob rabbit hole! I did, and now I have over 100.

Thank you :smile: Oh how interesting, I didn't realize it was real mink, they really put a lot of detail into these fobs!
And I fear I already have... I also have an owl on the way :blush:
Wow 100! that's a great collection. I'd like to get so many more but they can be pricey and I get hesitant if I have to spend more than $20 on them (and then I lose them to someone else lol). I managed to snag the bunny for $17 and the owl for $12 :yahoo:

Thank you :smile: Oh how interesting, I didn't realize it was real mink, they really put a lot of detail into these fobs!
And I fear I already have... I also have an owl on the way :blush:
Wow 100! that's a great collection. I'd like to get so many more but they can be pricey and I get hesitant if I have to spend more than $20 on them (and then I lose them to someone else lol). I managed to snag the bunny for $17 and the owl for $12 :yahoo:
Those are great prices! Most of the older ones retailed for $38 or $58. The ones they sell now are often over $100.

I don't just have 100, I have over 100, quite a bit over 100. I'm trying to get it down to 100! There used to be a lot of activity in the fob thread. You can see pictures of collections in that thread. Also look in the reference library.

Which owl did you get? I used to have several. Now I just have two - the pink owl and the graduation owl.

It looks like they’re not going to bother rehabbing the bags that will be traded in for credit? What’s so special about this and one that you can find on eBay for bottom dollar? I wonder. I guess people have a lot of money to spend and as long as they continue to buy them from coach, they will continue to charge high prices for them.

I think it’s their clever way to source vintage bags for their restorer. They probably saw how the prices have increased (their own doing) & needed to get creative with finding bags within their budget :shrugs:

Those are great prices! Most of the older ones retailed for $38 or $58. The ones they sell now are often over $100.

I don't just have 100, I have over 100, quite a bit over 100. I'm trying to get it down to 100! There used to be a lot of activity in the fob thread. You can see pictures of collections in that thread. Also look in the reference library.

Which owl did you get? I used to have several. Now I just have two - the pink owl and the graduation owl.

I’d be glad to help you get them down to 100:angel:
This is the picture of the owl listing
7917C2CE-6533-4F9B-BF76-862E9722BC63.jpeg

Coach is marketing the bag buy-back as this amazing environmental effort to save old bags from landfills. Who are they kidding? Bags have been thrifted for decades. Even rode-hard-and-put-away- wet bags end up on line and get donated to thrift shpos. No one tosses them. Even nubuc. Exhibit A: WYRTB thread!!
HEY COACH, NOT FOOLING ANYONE!
Does Coach actually think anyone is putting a bag in the following condition in a landfill?? :no: I copied the following from the website:

What bags are eligible for trade-in?
We’re currently accepting 100 percent leather bags (Coach Retail only) in very good or gently worn condition, with minimal scratches and wrinkles. We accept bags requiring up to two repairs within our standard repair guidelines. Please also include your bag’s detachable strap, if it came with one.

If anyone knows of bags in the above condition being put in the trash, to end up in a landfill, please let me know and I will personally get hazmat gear and go dumpster/landfill diving :yes::yes::yes:

Does Coach actually think anyone is putting a bag in the following condition in a landfill?? :no: I copied the following from the website:

What bags are eligible for trade-in?
We’re currently accepting 100 percent leather bags (Coach Retail only) in very good or gently worn condition, with minimal scratches and wrinkles. We accept bags requiring up to two repairs within our standard repair guidelines. Please also include your bag’s detachable strap, if it came with one.

If anyone knows of bags in the above condition being put in the trash, to end up in a landfill, please let me know and I will personally get hazmat gear and go dumpster/landfill diving :yes::yes::yes:
They won't even take outlet bags or signature. By 100% leather are they saying they only want classic or vintage styles? If they are trying to keep bags out of a landfill, why are they being so picky?