Vestiaire Collective experiences?

The same thing happened to be. I got an email telling me that some of my items will be delisted. I clicked the link and I was directed to their home page.

They are telling me nobody else has that problem, despite having now seen about 10 similar complains on another site. Try and contact them, apparently one woman had luck and they manually extended, but the rest of their "customer service" seem to be as clueless as their technical department. I don't want to d/l the App again, as last time it crashed I lost so much data and time as everything had to be reinstalled. Plus to use an App, I have to trust the service, the way their customer service is, not really. I like buying there, but seriously, their technology seems to be cheap slap dap, and the customer service, possibly underpaid people somewhere in a development country (usually with rudimentary English and their French often isn't much better) have no idea and are not interested.

OK, I think I am in another reality now, 2 messages within minutes of each other, contradicting each other...

What on earth is going on with VC??????

1st message, system error, not a problem, items will remain available, 2nd message copy and paste, no error on their end? WTF????? The messages are 6 minutes apart from each other

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 23.24.52.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 23.24.52.png
    32.9 KB · Views: 17
  • Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 23.30.54.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-29 at 23.30.54.png
    65.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Wow
Reactions: Ylesiya
New mail, and the same solution that can't work, the one where hubby hooted with laughter

Gosh, they really must be paying peanuts, this is beyond absurd, I think VC is on it's last legs

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 01.30.01.png
    Screen Shot 2021-05-30 at 01.30.01.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 84
Just adding to the absurd happening at Vestiaire Collective: just recently 5(!) of my authentic items were refused as "Unfortunately, when applying the specific criteria determined by Vestiaire Collective, it was not possible to confirm the authenticity of the item."
FFS, one of the items I personally bought at Chanel last month! It is a brand new full set with everything the store gives including the original receipt, bank transaction receipt, all with my particulars and item serial number which I have provided to them! Not even mentioning about 15 super clear detailed photos of the item and still - they can't confirm authenticity.
I think they are making them somewhat like internet meme with this total disability to do anything whatsoever.

Are there any good experiences to be shared? Really curious!

I just bought something from them that I was looking for for quite some time.
Finally it appeared on Vestiaire at a reasonable price, seller accepted my offer and I also used discount code they gave me, so the final price, even including taxes and shipping, was quite pleasant - definitely better than any other in the market, so I decided to just go ahead. It took quite some time for the seller to ship the item and for VC to ship it to me as well.
Item arrived in perfect condition, even better than was shown in the photos on the website. Of course I inspected it very thoroughly and I would never buy something I can't authenticate independently on my own. But everything was good.
The only thing which stroke me was how easy it was to remove their tag that they put on the item without damaging it. In theory I could wear this item for some time and then just return it with the tag attached back without any signs of it being removed.
I think there is so much room for abuse given this fact that it puts sellers at a great risk, especially professional sellers who have to accept returns within 2 weeks.

I looked at several bags on VC and was shocked at the prices. They were charging more than I paid for bags brand new at the store years ago -- and these were bags that did not typically increase in value. Their prices for Hermes bags were among the highest I'd ever seen. Before buying anything on VC, I would do a bit of comparison shopping at a site like Labellov.

I looked at several bags on VC and was shocked at the prices. They were charging more than I paid for bags brand new at the store years ago -- and these were bags that did not typically increase in value. Their prices for Hermes bags were among the highest I'd ever seen. Before buying anything on VC, I would do a bit of comparison shopping at a site like Labellov.

Hi there, I am not sure which bags these were exactly but with Vestiare the trick is the following: in most cases (unless you are filtering your items for sale as "buy it now" or "offers allowed" but this is very time consuming) the buyers are allowed to make offers and it has to be something like min 70% of the price or even less (I don't remember exactly). So for higher value items you can easily get an offers few thousands less than you stated, even if the price is reasonable.

Basically whenever you list something, you have to account for this sort of bargaining. Even if you list at a good resale price, you will have a flooding of low ballers sending you ridiculously low offers. I listed a necklace recently at a very attractive price and apparently it is a highly sought after item, so it was a very sweet deal already. My phone was exploding with very low offers for this necklace. It got sold just right now close to my asking price but I kinda understand why people list items at higher prices - this is for the offers to start at a reasonable resale price in most cases.