Vintage Coach Photos & Chat

The word RARE is tossed around all the time too. It means nothing now.

No Joke. Today I found a Lightweight Bucket Bag in Taupe, perhaps Khaki. Listed as something like "Rare Vintage 70's Coach Bag" yada yada. Lol 1970s! The photos were terrible, the poor bag was stained, and they had the wrong decade. What exactly is RARE about Taupe again? Taupe is the most basic color in existence. As a color. As a bag.

I keep seeing just tags in the $50-$75 range and my first thought is always “how is this supposed to sell without a picture of the bag”? It takes me a second to wrap my head around that price for the tag alone. Totally nuts!

Ya I have a small zippered pouch bag and I'm 100% sure its Putty but it has no tag. That color is hard for me to find in a vintage tag. I'm waiting to see it, get my hopes up, and the seller KNOWS its rare, charges me an arm and a leg. There is one in particular on ebay and I think Poshmark? and they charge a steady 25 a tag for like every vintage tag. I think they "offered" me 21 one day and I decided to unwatch it completely. I'd rather not have the tag than play these games. It's a piece of leather the size of my pinky!!!

Ya I have a small zippered pouch bag and I'm 100% sure its Putty but it has no tag. That color is hard for me to find in a vintage tag. I'm waiting to see it, get my hopes up, and the seller KNOWS its rare, charges me an arm and a leg. There is one in particular on ebay and I think Poshmark? and they charge a steady 25 a tag for like every vintage tag. I think they "offered" me 21 one day and I decided to unwatch it completely. I'd rather not have the tag than play these games. It's a piece of leather the size of my pinky!!!
Even if you found one reasonably priced, without seeing it IRL, the chances it would match your bag are slim.

When I have a bag that is missing the hangtag, I'll buy a keychain for decoration instead.
That’s why I used one of the bag charms @LunaSilver made on my small yellow tote. I’m not as hung up on coach tags. Some bags don’t work as well with them anyway like the bags where the hangtag slides up and down the sewn-on straps because there’s no hardware to attach it to. I like this way better!

Attachments

• 9FA5960F-44FC-46DD-8728-B63C55479FFF.jpeg
    9FA5960F-44FC-46DD-8728-B63C55479FFF.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 17
Speaking of things that cost too much :amazed:

I do not use any of my 300+ dustbags because I store my bags on shelving in my handbag room. I have several drawers in my guest room full of dustbags. I’m serious! I don’t use them because I wouldn’t be able to find my bags if they were covered and I don’t store my bags anywhere they are even exposed to dust. When I give away a bag I do put it inside one for gifting. Wow! Maybe I should open a Coach dustbag shop. Lol!

That’s why I used one of the bag charms @LunaSilver made on my small yellow tote. I’m not as hung up on coach tags. Some bags don’t work as well with them anyway like the bags where the hangtag slides up and down the sewn-on straps because there’s no hardware to attach it to. I like this way better!
There are bags I've removed the hangtags from because there wasn't really a good place to put them or you couldn't see them anyway. Like the ergo bags, with those thicker straps.

Even if you found one reasonably priced, without seeing it IRL, the chances it would match your bag are slim.

So true. So far I have managed OK. I have around 4 bags that are/were missing tags. Fortunately they are the British Tan variety as I am obsessed with that range. It's a fairly common vintage color too.

I also have inherited some off color tags from the bags I bought. I guess they just put any tag with it and called it a day. To me it's just another excuse to buy a bag that matches that tag. Just kidding... I am currently in time out. Too many bags as of late. :happydance: