Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

What issues do you have with the tone taken with regard to POC and race issues? I am interested as I have not come across any posts that I felt had a racist or prejudicial tone.

A couple examples:

(the comment this person is replying to)https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-thread.679793/post-34392604

(the comment this person is replying to) https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-thread.679793/post-34396036

Islamophobia: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-thread.679793/post-33351258

Islamophobia: https://forum.purseblog.com/threads/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-thread.679793/post-34481967

I’ve wondered if she and especially Harry are doing this because he wants payback for how they treated Diana.

I feel that's giving her too much credit, she doesn't give a sh*t about Diana or Harry for the matter, she only drives her own agenda. That said, it's been said how Harry was resentful, but why lashing out at his brother then? William didn't cheat on Diana, he didn't take her style as a HRH away (in fact, he's been said to have told her not to worry, he'd reinstall it once he was king), and he had to walk behind that coffin with his heart shredded into pieces just like Harry did. If the destruction of the BRF is what he's after, he's destroying his brother's future more than anything.

To be frank, American politicians have bigger fish to fry than silly spats in an antiquated figurehead family. ;)

Goodness knows, that's the truth! And to add, more than once I've taken exception to the borderline overt racism in this thread. It's disgraceful, and from now on, I intend to point it out when I see it. Thank you for the reminder OAL. That kind of post is relatively rare, but it does happen, and none of us should sit quietly by when it occurs.

Last edited:
Whatever H&M’s initial end game may have been, surely by now they realize their game is not working. They have woven a web of too many lies, too much complaining and too many promises. They have not delivered on those promises.

Surely by now they realize a paltry millionaire-lifestyle is not going to cover their desired billionaire-lifestyle.

Surely by now they understand very few people feel sorry for them - and that lack of sympathy has nothing to do with race. Michelle is right - it really is about service which really is about serving other people, i.e., not focusing on themselves.

Complaining about the millionaire-lifestyle is a really tough sell in 2021. At least for me, it is.

Yes, rumors are out there about H’s, uh, preferences :biggrin:

Keep the politicians, Royal scandals are the best, IMO.

Europe's monarchies: scandal-ridden but such good fun
In a continent full of grey politicians, royals may matter more than ever
From 2010:

Uhhhhhh .. Oprah warm?!?! .. not so fast! Talk to some of her former employees, and they will tell you that she was pretty well known for being a pretty nasty person, especially if she perceived some slight from said employee. Yes, on her shows .. it did appear that she was a warm & caring person, but .. as in the case with Martha Stewart, that is "for show"; there is a (sadly) a reason why these women get to the top .. they use, take your ideas, take credit for your ideas, abuse and then spit you out when they no longer have 'use' for you! I know more than a few people who worked for Oprah and Martha Stewart and the comments are the same; worst job they ever had!
ITA, they have narcissistic personalities, so do many movie stars and high achievers. Harry's wife, who also uses people, than discards them. She 'worked' with OW, so I wonder which one will markle the other first. Can't wait to see the big fallout. :biggrin:

Uhhhhhh .. Oprah warm?!?! .. not so fast! Talk to some of her former employees, and they will tell you that she was pretty well known for being a pretty nasty person, especially if she perceived some slight from said employee. Yes, on her shows .. it did appear that she was a warm & caring person, but .. as in the case with Martha Stewart, that is "for show"; there is a (sadly) a reason why these women get to the top .. they use, take your ideas, take credit for your ideas, abuse and then spit you out when they no longer have 'use' for you! I know more than a few people who worked for Oprah and Martha Stewart and the comments are the same; worst job they ever had!

I should've clarified... warm to other famous people. :smile: