Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I was listening to an interview the other day with courtney b. vance in relation to his role in the Aretha Genius show. He and his wife, Angela Bassett, have a couple of daughters. He was talking about how they raised them. they didn't allow the girls on their sets, didn't ever take them to red carpet events or allow them to be in limos with them.
I know I'm spending too much time on this thread but it made me wonder how much Meghan's time on the set of Married With Children impacted her. Granted it wasn't the most glamourous show. But still the cast were TV stars. Maybe her dad did her no favors allowing that.

You know my gut feeling is she didn't spend nearly as much time there as we were led to believe. Like everything else with Meghan it was probably an exaggeration. The set of a TV show is a professional place of business like any other and a lighting director is not going to be allowed to have his teenage daughter hanging around at work except for special occasions. The same with General Hospital. Her father working on that show got her a one-time, one-line bit part but otherwise she wasn't around there much.

Was it the previous American president that said something?

Michelle ***** (former First Lady) was asked about Meghan and Harry. Not the actual former President *****.

She was neutral on the issue: "The thing that I always keep in mind is that none of this is about us in public service. It's about the people that we serve. I always try to push the light back out and focus it on the folks that we're actually here to serve. Race isn't a new construct in this world for people of color. So, it wasn't a complete surprise to hear her feelings and have them articulated. The thing that I hope for and the thing I think about is that this first and foremost is a family, and I pray for forgiveness and healing for them so that they can use this as a teachable moment for us all."

She never said the BRF is racist. All she said was that Meghan felt discriminated against (not that she actually was) and that the family needs to heal.

To be frank, American politicians have bigger fish to fry than silly spats in an antiquated figurehead family. ;)

I just doubt it. First people said Meghan had no real celeb friends, now suddenly she has all these close celeb friends
Eh not everyone who has a rude spouse is a victim... and not every rude spouse is an abuser. Those are big words and more than I’m willing to give Harry in particular - unless he says so himself. Nothing about this situation says to me this guy is powerless and being taken advantage of and needs help. Sure, feel sorry for him but victim???
Her pushing and shoving and tapping and hand grabbing shows me that she was in control of him. It's more than rudeness. She directed, he obeyed.

This was so embarrassing! Yes, H&M together wanted to cut off W&K, so Camilla skillfully stays with them. Clearly, H&M don’t care about the display, just being equal to Charles. Notice how the staff/guard are so polite and respectful to them, but H continues to ‘debate’.
So glad they will be out of the news for the foreseeable future. Once Charles and W announce the new assignments, H&M will be even more irrelevant.
H arguing the toss with the employees showed just how arrogant he was. How dare mere servants tell him where he can and cannot go. His furious demeanor in the second photo is further evidence.

I don't get the fuss about the shoes... what's wrong with those shoes?
I had a pair of shoes like that. They went into the bin the first day because they flew off my feet with every step. Pregnant wearing them? Never.

She’s carrying him so her face is in the frame. Only reason.
I have to say that I have seem many photos of celebrities in CA carrying their children, some of whom look 4 or 5. It might just be the trend out there.

Finally, to add my guess to the baby's name: Maya. Has her first initial and is the name of a famous poet/author.

This happened to me. I don't have very strong feelings about the monarchy but when people started to tweet, send messages on instagram, the TV and even the stupid American president felt the need to release a statement, that made me very pro-monarchy. I really do not appreciate foreign interference, especially when the foreigners are ignorant. I mean, how would Americans like it if the Brits started to interfere in elections and try to topple or bully the president? Celebrities are increasingly becoming sanctimonious and hypocritical. They really should just stick to their profession, and only talk on matters they have a deep knowledge of. Ricky Gervais roasted a whole load of celebs during the golden globes ceremony for this and it was insanely funny, the celebs looked uncomfortable because they knew it was true.

I'm in the states. I just watched the clip this morning. Ricky Gervais is so funny!

Her pushing and shoving and tapping and hand grabbing shows me that she was in control of him. It's more than rudeness. She directed, he obeyed.

H arguing the toss with the employees showed just how arrogant he was. How dare mere servants tell him where he can and cannot go. His furious demeanor in the second photo is further evidence.

I had a pair of shoes like that. They went into the bin the first day because they flew off my feet with every step. Pregnant wearing them? Never.

I have to say that I have seem many photos of celebrities in CA carrying their children, some of whom look 4 or 5. It might just be the trend out there.

Finally, to add my guess to the baby's name: Maya. Has her first initial and is the name of a famous poet/author.
I like your name choice. Could be. According to a Google search : What does Maya mean? Latin for "great" or "larger," Sanskrit for "illusion." In Roman mythology, Maia is a daughter of Atlas, whose name was given to the month of May. It's also a variation of the English name May.

She might change the spelling slightly.

maybe but Archie is the furthest thing from posh IMO
I read something on another site that struck a cord. Harry is a nickname for his real name of Henry. They certainly could have named him Archibald and then nicknamed him Archie. He sounds like he is named for a pet or my personal favorite, a pub owner in East London.

Michelle ***** (former First Lady) was asked about Meghan and Harry. Not the actual former President *****.

She was neutral on the issue: "The thing that I always keep in mind is that none of this is about us in public service. It's about the people that we serve. I always try to push the light back out and focus it on the folks that we're actually here to serve. Race isn't a new construct in this world for people of color. So, it wasn't a complete surprise to hear her feelings and have them articulated. The thing that I hope for and the thing I think about is that this first and foremost is a family, and I pray for forgiveness and healing for them so that they can use this as a teachable moment for us all."

She never said the BRF is racist. All she said was that Meghan felt discriminated against (not that she actually was) and that the family needs to heal.

To be frank, American politicians have bigger fish to fry than silly spats in an antiquated figurehead family. ;)

While I’m not the strongest monarchist around, I think that’s quite a patronising way to talk about royal family and the British system.