Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

I like your name choice. Could be. According to a Google search : What does Maya mean? Latin for "great" or "larger," Sanskrit for "illusion." In Roman mythology, Maia is a daughter of Atlas, whose name was given to the month of May. It's also a variation of the English name May.

She might change the spelling slightly.

Maya in Russian means mine :yes:

While I’m not the strongest monarchist around, I think that’s quite a patronising way to talk about royal family and the British system.

I fully accept that the statement was patronizing, but it's my opinion. Doesn't reflect anything about my nation or my president, btw.

Also, to flip that around, I have plenty of issues with the tone people in this thread have taken with POC/race issues, so I didn't really feel the need to try to be polite. :smile:

I think Oprah is known to be very warm. I remember watching Graham Norton recently and the actor from Get Out was saying that when he met her, she gave him a big hug. So who really knows what her relationship is but I don't think a photo like this is any indication. Have you ever been to one of those parties where Guest of a Guest or Patrick McMillan is going around taking photos? People kinda cozy up for a nice warm photo.
Uhhhhhh .. Oprah warm?!?! .. not so fast! Talk to some of her former employees, and they will tell you that she was pretty well known for being a pretty nasty person, especially if she perceived some slight from said employee. Yes, on her shows .. it did appear that she was a warm & caring person, but .. as in the case with Martha Stewart, that is "for show"; there is a (sadly) a reason why these women get to the top .. they use, take your ideas, take credit for your ideas, abuse and then spit you out when they no longer have 'use' for you! I know more than a few people who worked for Oprah and Martha Stewart and the comments are the same; worst job they ever had!

Mhhh. I saw her being all flirty, but that's how she generally acts with men around. Also, she had just given birth to someone else's baby, so I don't know, that would be a new low even for her. I also feel Serena is not the type of person to hold back, and she has really not said anything, just stopped speaking out in MM's favour. So I'm not convinced.
Forgot to post this yesterday, it’s in the same People magazine as the article on the William/Harry/the funeral. If there is a shift in the friendship with Serena, this might be part of it. How dare she score what sounds like a lucrative deal with a rival of theirs, while the Markles are trolling for dollars.

22001424-A78B-4968-9404-9984CDBDE3DF.jpeg

I fully accept that the statement was patronizing, but it's my opinion. Doesn't reflect anything about my nation or my president, btw.

Also, to flip that around, I have plenty of issues with the tone people in this thread have taken with POC/race issues, so I didn't really feel the need to try to be polite. :smile:
Funny whenever you get challenged you say it’s fine because there’s all these questionable opinions on the thread but you never call any of them out all you do is claim other people are more objectionable than you so it’s ok for you to be rude.

Frankly the less American politics on this thread the better in general.

Many, many, many posts ago, when the question arose about Meghan's end game, I posted that she was looking to bring down the monarchy. I still believe it. Does she want it destroyed, I don't think so, she just wants to bring everyone down to her level. For someone like her, having to defer to others is unthinkable.

I agree about bringing them down to her level but I believe she would like to see the monarchy destroyed because she wasn't allowed to use it for her personal benefit the way she wanted. Had the BRF and the British press compliantly given in to each of her whims she would probably still be there happily exploiting it.

Since she was met with resistance, that changed everything. If Meghan can't have it then nobody should have it!

Her pushing and shoving and tapping and hand grabbing shows me that she was in control of him. It's more than rudeness. She directed, he obeyed.

Do you also call people with BDSM fetishes victims? The difference is if it's welcome and accepted by the person receiving it. There's no indication he's not happy with how he's treated by Meghan, no matter how much you or I wouldn't want to be in his place.

Also, to flip that around, I have plenty of issues with the tone people in this thread have taken with POC/race issues, so I didn't really feel the need to try to be polite.

What issues do you have with the tone taken with regard to POC and race issues? I am interested as I have not come across any posts that I felt had a racist or prejudicial tone.

I agree about bringing them down to her level but I believe she would like to see the monarchy destroyed because she wasn't allowed to use it for her personal benefit the way she wanted. Had the BRF and the British press compliantly given in to each of her whims she would probably still be there happily exploiting it.

Since she was met with resistance, that changed everything. If Meghan can't have it then nobody should have it!

and still she insists she's on the blower to Her Maj umpteen times a day, and Harry, gawd-luv-a-duck, pops-in whenever, unannounced for a quick cuppa, hobnob and a jabber with his gran.

These 2 don't know whether to destroy the Monarchy or prepare for cameos in Eastenders (is that soap still going?) :popcorn:

Many, many, many posts ago, when the question arose about Meghan's end game, I posted that she was looking to bring down the monarchy. I still believe it. Does she want it destroyed, I don't think so, she just wants to bring everyone down to her level. For someone like her, having to defer to others is unthinkable.
CG, Probably not going to happen, but the picture I would like to live long enough to see is Meghan having to curtsy to Kate. :yahoo:

Do you also call people with BDSM fetishes victims? The difference is if it's welcome and accepted by the person receiving it. There's no indication he's not happy with how he's treated by Meghan, no matter how much you or I wouldn't want to be in his place.

You may be on to something, perhaps H like to 'play'? :whistle:

Certainly explains the uniform fetish and tantrums lately :pout:

I’ve wondered if she and especially Harry are doing this because he wants payback for how they treated Diana.