Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

It's my understanding they thought it was like pick-&-mix at a sweet shop: take all the money, privileges and engagements/charities/patronages you want and leave the ones you don't quite fancy (presumably for others to deal with).

That wasn't on, an unworkable model. You certainly can't pop-over from your Cali faux-castle to open a garden fete or attend a premiere and fly off into the smog-filled sunset again hours later, whilst lecturing on climate change and eat/have all the cake forever and ever :king: :queen:

Name me one other job that works that way?
Keep coming back to your description of the sweets shop pick-n-mix. It is so apt. Every narc I've worked with in the office really did show signs of this mentality. My first office narc was a middle-aged guy inherited from my predecessor. At every performance review, he would explain his "failure to thrive" in these words: I only do work which I like.

Many, many, many posts ago, when the question arose about Meghan's end game, I posted that she was looking to bring down the monarchy. I still believe it. Does she want it destroyed, I don't think so, she just wants to bring everyone down to her level. For someone like her, having to defer to others is unthinkable.
I think more like bring them down and keep them down, juuust a tad lower than her. She needs to be top dog. Hence her expectations of an apology from the BRF.

It's about time! :popcorn:

I thought they weren't getting any support from the BRF today... what costs do they save from removing their royal titles? Not that I don't think they should remove them anyway, of course. They don't need those.

The fact that you fail to mention the last comment about the "Nation of Islam" speaks for itself. :smile: btw, I did report that comment to Tpf moderators but it wasn't take down.

And, I think if you read the context of those comments it is clear why I interpreted them as Islamophobic...
I read all posts you quoted, and I thought that to quote the quote you quoted, to you, is overkill. Is the comment you allude to here where poster mentioned the word of Nation of Islam is not gospel? This was what I mentioned regarding the status of NGO (which Nation of Islam is). Well, such discussion exists amongst the faithful and nonfaihful alike. Anyone or any NGO can publish a fatwa, religious opinion, etc, but not all who profess the faith will consider it "gospel". I don't understand why that would be Islamophobia. Just like discussion of whether to be baptised by a dunk in the water or not, for Christians.

To not be so OOT. Regarding head cover in the mosque. Either you play, or you decline. I either wear a headcover correctly, or I don't bother at all (as a minority, I am exempt). Harry's wife is like, yes I'll play but then stands around texting. It could also be a fashion choice since her trademark style seems to be dishevelled, like me.

Last edited:
I thought they weren't getting any support from the BRF today... what costs do they save from removing their royal titles? Not that I don't think they should remove them anyway, of course. They don't need those.
I got the impression from Oprah's interview that they have been attempting to get more financial support (e.g. security) from the BRF.

People in the UK want them to be stripped from the tiles, and it's the obligation of the monarchy to also listen to their people. They burned the bridges with the UK, and the royal titles don't make sense in the States imo.