Prince Harry and Meghan Markle thread

Yes, I believe Wallis' (LOL can't believe she's named that!) parents were good friends of the Reagans. They have a huge estate in Rancho Mirage, CA, where presidents used to go and stay. Her parents gave $125 million to USC and UPenn each, if I recall correctly. Insanely wealthy.

That's an understatement! I remember when this happened... they gave $365m to a few schools, including $120m to USC, and that was in cash (not spread out over several years). In 1993 dollars. :shocked: They don't need anything from Harry they couldn't get themselves so I'm thinking it might be him making an ask.

Yes, this was posted several pages ago. I know, it is difficult to keep up. Fact is H is not a working Royal, so the ‘people‘ page is incorrect. Google will supply those wishing to donate with a thorough list of outstanding organizations. IMO if he is involved as president, it is very likely an ineffective group. A red flag on any organization is an outdated website.
I live in a central African country with numerous national parks and I can assure you that Afrikan Parks is a highly respected international NGO. JCMH most likely acts as a figurehead.

Just watch the interview. There is no indication WA cares one bit about titles or people who have them. She seems to care about what wealthy do with their money, how charitable are they. Charitable as in their money and time make a difference, not charitable in selling their names. Big difference.
Interesting points, I can't really imagine any thinking person being drawn in by M&H's claims that they want to be charitable, there seems to be little evidence of them parting with actual cash but as another poster said perhaps she is just testing the waters, curious etc.

The more I think about him not making her birthday, though it was just 2 days away, the more I think he must be a d-bag. Your grandfather just passed away and you can't even stay for your grandmother's birthday TWO DAYS away? I hope this is not the case and I'm sorry if it offends anyone for me to say it... but it could be the last birthday he could spend with her. I mean what in the... :crybaby:

I don't think it was his choice TBF, KWIM? :sideways:

Maybe QE arranged it for him??
This is Walter and Lenore, his second wife. Wallis is a daughter from his first marriage.
I need to read up on this family. I have forgotten most of whatever I knew.

WALTER ANNENBERG, with his wife and Queen Elisabeth II at the Royal Opera House in London for the premiere of "Sleeping Beauty", March 15, 1973. Courtesy: CSU Archives / Everett Collection
View attachment 5063219

Well done for finding the pic

May explain why M was not present

Prince Harry says he’ll continue Philip’s ‘legacy’ in World Earth Day tribute

SEC_75797253.jpg

Prince Harry has vowed to continue Prince Philip’s legacy in a tribute to his late grandfather on World Earth Day.

The Duke of Sussex narrated a video about Africa named ‘Hope Starts Here’ for the annual environmental protection event on Thursday. He called the Duke of Edinburgh ‘a conservation champion’ in an accompanying statement that pledged his ‘dedication to our environment and collective well-being’.

The royal, who is currently expecting his second child with wife Meghan Markle, said: ‘As we now begin to move towards an era of global recovery and regeneration, it’s critical that we continue to look at the strengthening and protecting of biodiversity, not just as a value we hold – but as a responsibility that is vital to our way of life.

‘On this Earth Day, I reflect on the generations of conservation champions, including my late grandfather, and feel proud and energised to continue doing my part in this legacy. ‘This year especially, I join the incredible African Parks team and communities around the world in shared dedication to our environment and collective well-being.’

He spent three months working on projects in Namibia, Tanzania, South Africa and Botswana after leaving the Army in 2015.

The Duke camped out under the stars with the Duchess of Sussex on a safari trip in Botswana, weeks after meeting her in 2016.

Prince Philip was known for his support for wildlife conservation, serving as President of the World Wide Fund for Nature for 15 years. Harry’s tribute comes as he returns to LA following the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral on Saturday.

At least I agree with the cause - if not H's toxic involvement.

That article is all about them again, not at all about the flora and fauna of the Earth

Funny how he couldn't go see his dying grandfather, but has no problems claiming him when he thinks it furthers his career.

Yet another source of income for him and the disgusting m to milk from. Will not be surprise at all that anything related to this will appear on Netflix or one of his talk show eventually $$$$$$$$$$

View attachment 5063293
I somehow don’t think this happened. If it was ‘private’ I’m sure the Queen didn’t tell them and the rest of the family would have had someone else in the room so that ‘recollections wouldn’t vary’.

Shame on the Independent. Using that old photo is totally disrespectful. Suggesting QEII's currently wearing a bright colour and was all smiles right now with all that happened/going on and all is amicable between them.

More like he hammered twice on the door of her aide. Just cover restrictions would have kept them apart. They must really think we're stupid.

When exactly did she have time to see him in person twice while he was 'isolating' at Frogmore?

PR assault is obviously full-on.

How thoughtful of Ginger and wife!

View attachment 5063381

A source told US Weekly that the Duke of Sussex left a present on behalf of him and his wife.

They said: “Prince Harry got to say goodbye to the Queen before her birthday and he left her a gift and card from him and Meghan.”

The card reportedly had a message honouring Her Majesty’s legacy but the birthday gift is unknown.

Haven’t they present the “best” gift to the queen on the tell all interview already? Just go away really. Shameless couple of the century

Regards Wallis Annenberg - theres a very long history of wealthy Americans exchanging cash for proximity to aristocratic titles. See all those Dollar Princesses of yesteryear. The ultimate status symbol is hobnobbing with royalty etc.

He can't grant Royal anything though and Duchess has already been taken.