No More Love for Proenza Schouler?

I will post pictures of my three PS1 medium tomorrow. Last summer I acquired navy suede from Vestiaire which I used quite a lot when the weather was nice. Then came autumn and winter and I had to stop using it due to the rain and snow. I miss using my suede bags.

The sale selection this year was pretty. I was tempted to buy ps1 tiny in midnight plum suede because it was only 453€, but decided against buying one because I already owned in the medium size. Luckily it was sold out after couple of days. It was for the best. Based on personal experience midnight plum suede age okay, but the colour is suspectible to colour transfer, which looks okay on darker red like md plum. Also the lush deep red colour does fade. I was hoping maybe Saphir had red tinted conditioning spray in order to 'revive' the colour, but neither Collonil nor Saphir had red in their selection. Only neutral, black, dark brown, medium brown, light brown and black.

Of all the suede colour navy and tobacco are my favourites. I found out that fading and scuffed patches are easy to care with saphir products. Especially with darker suede like navy and black.

I might get ps1 tiny in black suede at some point. Or dark (chocolate)brown if it ever comes back.

Reactions: IntheOcean
I have the medium Hava top handle that I purchased in 2018. The black with white contrast stitching. I love this bag and have used it so much over the years. The leather and craftsmanship are top notch, which I assume is normal for PS.
Honestly, I have had PS bags on my radar since all the cool kids wanted a PS1 in 2008-2009. I thought that they would stay really popular but the trend came and went, and with it, the resale value of PS bags (which really does affect demand these days). Such a shame because these are $2000-3000 bags with the quality to match other established luxury brands in the same price bracket. I do wish the brand would get more love in the wider bag-loving community. I also wish PS would bring the Hava line back because it was the best-looking, in my opinion (the chain shoulder bag and crossbody from the Hava line were gorgeous as well - but all discontinued and replaced by the not-so-gorgeous Buckle line).

Hava is very classy structured top handle bag. I think both Jack and Lazaro have good eyes designing structured bags. Sadly I am not into their latest handbags designs, but I am sure they will come up with unique innovative designs upcoming collections.

Like you I wish their handbags would gain more attention. And handbag sales are important to any brand in order to sustain their business in high fashion. Good news is that it seems like the ps1 white label and their knitwear are selling well. I hope the duo will emerge from the covid-19 s***storm somewhat unscathed. I appreciate that they have not raised their prices like other brands have done last year.

Hava is very classy structured top handle bag. I think both Jack and Lazaro have good eyes designing structured bags. Sadly I am not into their latest handbags designs, but I am sure they will come up with unique innovative designs upcoming collections.

Like you I wish their handbags would gain more attention. And handbag sales are important to any brand in order to sustain their business in high fashion. Good news is that it seems like the ps1 white label and their knitwear are selling well. I hope the duo will emerge from the covid-19 s***storm somewhat unscathed. I appreciate that they have not raised their prices like other brands have done last year.
When I saw the Hava line, I really thought that it would be the one to put PS back in the spotlight. I see other established and emerging designers gifting their bags to influencers/celebrities to promote and for a moment, they are the "it bag" and "on trend", but often with no staying power. I felt the Hava line had as much staying power as PS1 or PS11 and I wonder what would have happened if they had launched the line into the public eye that way. Though I've never seen PS go hard for that celebrity angle, not like say Alexander Wang with the Hadids, Jenners and Beibers. I guess it's not the PS style - they're too cool for even the cool kids.

When you like a design, you definitely want it to continue to sell well for the designer, otherwise it goes onto the extinct list. That's the nature of business. It's such a shame the Hava went that way. Hopefully their next big hit is just around the corner.....and that it looks a lot like Hava! :biggrin:
(Please, let a PS designer be reading this)...

I felt the Hava line had as much staying power as PS1 or PS11 and I wonder what would have happened if they had launched the line into the public eye that way. Though I've never seen PS go hard for that celebrity angle, not like say Alexander Wang with the Hadids, Jenners and Beibers. I guess it's not the PS style - they're too cool for even the cool kids.

This!

Hopefully their next big hit is just around the corner.....and that it looks a lot like Hava! :biggrin:
(Please, let a PS designer be reading this)...

Can't wait to see what they will come up with. The arch bag looks nice, but unfortunaly for me I only wear crossbody bags.

This!

Can't wait to see what they will come up with. The arch bag looks nice, but unfortunaly for me I only wear crossbody bags.
The Arch is a pretty chic hobo and manages to look structured yet relaxed at the same time. I'm not really into hobos either but I do like bags that I can hold in my hands as well as wear on my shoulders (I tend to get shoulder aches). Maybe they'll come up with a smaller Arch that has a shorter hand-held handle + long crossbody strap. But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the Arch is completely discontinued a year from now since that seems to be the trend with all the lines other than PS1 and PS11.

Rediscovered Proenza Schouler this year and I have to say that the PS1 is easily the most practical/useful bag in my collection. I actually like the fact that PS has fallen out of favor because (at least in my area) it looks unique and fresh compared to the endless LVs that everybody else carries.

This is the 2nd PS1 I've purchased this year: 2015 PS1 in Fleur de Lys that was released as part of the PS x La Bon Marche capsule collection. This one has the chevron lining and plain HW that was first introduced in 2015. I prefer the chevron lining to the older wave lining but the original PS-swirl embossed HW really gave those older bags a little extra specialness.

20210401_131602.jpg

Rediscovered Proenza Schouler this year and I have to say that the PS1 is easily the most practical/useful bag in my collection. I actually like the fact that PS has fallen out of favor because (at least in my area) it looks unique and fresh compared to the endless LVs that everybody else carries.

This is the 2nd PS1 I've purchased this year: 2015 PS1 in Fleur de Lys that was released as part of the PS x La Bon Marche capsule collection. This one has the chevron lining and plain HW that was first introduced in 2015. I prefer the chevron lining to the older wave lining but the original PS-swirl embossed HW really gave those older bags a little extra specialness.

View attachment 5041727
Gorgeous! I just love a pink bag or slg :love:

View attachment 5041727
Congrats! It's a beautiful bag :heart: and I completely agree with how practical and easy to use it is.

View attachment 5041727

Love this color so much! Looks amazing.

Yasss! It's so low key luxury...I love it! I keep stalking Fashionphile for PS1 deals and I'm on to my 3rd medium PS1. I always get compliments whenever I carry it plus I love how it's so secure that I'm not afraid of getting pick pocketed on the Subway. Best workhorse bag ever.

I love how it's so secure that I'm not afraid of getting pick pocketed on the Subway. Best workhorse bag ever.
And compartments!! So many compartments and pockets.
The only thing I wish they did differently is the strap. The Medium is my favorite size, but the strap is way too short for the bag to be worn crossbody.

I cleaned up my closet today and realized I have these 3 brand new PS1 that I never touched :angel:. Even though I love the look of the PS1 bag, I consider about selling them because I have too many other designer bags. Still debating whether to sell or not! :confused1::hrmm:

Attachments

• 20210722_114844.jpg
    20210722_114844.jpg
    295.4 KB · Views: 34
  • 20210722_120342.jpg
    20210722_120342.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20210722_115803.jpg
    20210722_115803.jpg
    421.5 KB · Views: 36
Yasss! It's so low key luxury...I love it! I keep stalking Fashionphile for PS1 deals and I'm on to my 3rd medium PS1. I always get compliments whenever I carry it plus I love how it's so secure that I'm not afraid of getting pick pocketed on the Subway. Best workhorse bag ever.

I totally agree about these being workhorse bags! They are totally utilitarian. I love them.