No More Love for Proenza Schouler?

I received the XL and just ordered leather conditioner, rain protector, as well as leather glue from Amazon. There are 2 very tiny tears that wasn’t mentioned in the listing. The overall condition was great (no color transfer, etc) so I kept it.
Congrats on your new XL! I have one too, it fits sooo much and then some! I hope it'll prove to be a good addition to your collection.

I will when I wear them next time. :smile:

It's true that PS forum is nowdays so quiet. I know that this has not been the case in the past. I have read several useful old threads :smile: sometimes there are occasional activity, but other than that, it's pretty quiet here. I think the authentication thread is the most active of all threads. For this I am forever grateful for authenticators.

It's a shame really because the brand produces so many goodies.
Yep, it's a shame the hype died down. There's such a huge amount of bags that I like and appreciate and hope to add to my collection sometime in the future, but with all that, the PS1 is still my #1.

This is the preloved PS1 xl that I got. Not sure if it’s Birch? It looks way darker now that I’ve applied leather conditioner. I got it at RealReal and hoping it’s authentic!
From what I can see, yes, it's authentic, but for peace of mind you might want to post in the Authenticate This Proenza Schouler Thread :smile: Beautiful color, and the bag seems to be in pretty good shape! Conditioner usually darkens the leather a bit at first, but give it some time to dry properly.

From what I can see, yes, it's authentic, but for peace of mind you might want to post in the Authenticate This Proenza Schouler Thread :smile: Beautiful color, and the bag seems to be in pretty good shape! Conditioner usually darkens the leather a bit at first, but give it some time to dry properly.

I’m actually convinced this is large. I guess it’s time to buy a large one so I can compare lol. I’m kidding. Kind of! I’ll get it authenticated. Thank you!

Last edited:
Wow! I was inactive for a while (to give birth) and returned to see what I consider to be numerous posts! Glad to find many fellow PS fans here!

Now I am thinking of getting a new bag just to reward myself... Among those I am considering is this preloved pink(ish) PS1. Not sure if I should get it cos I almost never get the same bag twice (with the exception of PS1/PS1 Tiny and Longchamp Le Pliage). What do you guys think?

78312459-8374-431E-9FE2-D58F66F5B3F5.png

61699E1B-7AE2-4775-AAAF-3AA74C23072A.png

Wow! I was inactive for a while (to give birth) and returned to see what I consider to be numerous posts! Glad to find many fellow PS fans here!

Now I am thinking of getting a new bag just to reward myself... Among those I am considering is this preloved pink(ish) PS1. Not sure if I should get it cos I almost never get the same bag twice (with the exception of PS1/PS1 Tiny and Longchamp Le Pliage). What do you guys think?

View attachment 4769537

View attachment 4769538
This looks nice! Perhaps compare it to other bags you're thinking of purchasing: put pictures of them side by side and see which one catches your eye first. Also, to be more practical you can ask yourself how much wear you'll get out of this bag compared to others. But ultimately, I'd say you should go with the one that makes your heart sing more!

Reactions: plingster
I only own two Proenza Schouler bags. I have a pink suede PS1 in the tiny size. I used to wear it often. The closure fell apart for the second time. COVID-19 happened before I could take it to be fixed.

About two weeks ago, I bought a PS11 Classic in camo. I adore that bag and have carried it everyday for the last two weeks.

This will probably be it for me unless I find another PS1 tiny in leather in a color other than brown or black. I can truly say that it’s my favorite bag. I love the top handle and the shoulder strap. The size is perfection. The fact that the closure keeps coming apart is disheartening.

Reactions: IntheOcean
I only own two Proenza Schouler bags. I have a pink suede PS1 in the tiny size. I used to wear it often. The closure fell apart for the second time. COVID-19 happened before I could take it to be fixed.

About two weeks ago, I bought a PS11 Classic in camo. I adore that bag and have carried it everyday for the last two weeks.

This will probably be it for me unless I find another PS1 tiny in leather in a color other than brown or black. I can truly say that it’s my favorite bag. I love the top handle and the shoulder strap. The size is perfection. The fact that the closure keeps coming apart is disheartening.
That's really unfortunate about the closure. IIRC, older PS1 bags were the ones who were "prone" to that happening, not so much those made in the more recent years. Hope you'll be able to get it fixed and go back to enjoying your pink Tiny!

Reactions: bh4me
I have the medium Hava top handle that I purchased in 2018. The black with white contrast stitching. I love this bag and have used it so much over the years. The leather and craftsmanship are top notch, which I assume is normal for PS.
Honestly, I have had PS bags on my radar since all the cool kids wanted a PS1 in 2008-2009. I thought that they would stay really popular but the trend came and went, and with it, the resale value of PS bags (which really does affect demand these days). Such a shame because these are $2000-3000 bags with the quality to match other established luxury brands in the same price bracket. I do wish the brand would get more love in the wider bag-loving community. I also wish PS would bring the Hava line back because it was the best-looking, in my opinion (the chain shoulder bag and crossbody from the Hava line were gorgeous as well - but all discontinued and replaced by the not-so-gorgeous Buckle line).

Attachments

• hava.jpg
    hava.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 13
I have the medium Hava top handle that I purchased in 2018. The black with white contrast stitching. I love this bag and have used it so much over the years. The leather and craftsmanship are top notch, which I assume is normal for PS.
Honestly, I have had PS bags on my radar since all the cool kids wanted a PS1 in 2008-2009. I thought that they would stay really popular but the trend came and went, and with it, the resale value of PS bags (which really does affect demand these days). Such a shame because these are $2000-3000 bags with the quality to match other established luxury brands in the same price bracket. I do wish the brand would get more love in the wider bag-loving community. I also wish PS would bring the Hava line back because it was the best-looking, in my opinion (the chain shoulder bag and crossbody from the Hava line were gorgeous as well - but all discontinued and replaced by the not-so-gorgeous Buckle line).
It's great that you love your Hava! I wish the PS bags were more popular too, but it seems like people are just not into them anymore. I agree, by the way, the Hava bags are so much prettier than the new Buckle bags! They remind me of the Fendy Peekaboo (not in a bad way!)