Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

Hi @Croisette7 :wave:, I haven‘t stopped by the cafe in a long while. Hope all’s well. Carried myB35 blue Izmir for the first time in 3 years or any H bag since this pandemic started. It actually felt good to dress in non-yoga clothes and carry real purse to go out for a change.:smile:
Wow, that's great that you carried your B35 in beautiful Bleu Izmir (I think I have a CDC in that color). I haven't carried any H bag for two years. Carrying an H bag is kinda celebratory, justifying dressing up at least to some degree. I know the feeling. I feel sufficiently ok to carry my purple non-leather Coach bag, however, which is something. I did dress up for a couple of routine doc visits, tho (nice purple outfits). Possibly I looked like I was attending a wedding, LOL! I needed to do that to feel somewhat normal.

An occasion to carry a K or B is popping into a nice department store, like the Neiman Marcus and Lord and Taylor, stores that closed a year ago. My beloved bead store also closed then.

@Fabfashion, was going to a restaurant on your agenda when you went out? How'd it go?

Australia is currently closed to all foreign tourists. Yes it is a long flight. A good use of frequent flyer miles to book business class seat so you can sleep.
even returning residents must quarantine for 14 days on arrival. They are very strict but have successfully kept the virus to very low levels.
Oh, I know Australia has a spectacularly low Covid rate. They're to be commended for their rigor. Even ex-pats weren't accepted back for quite some time so the ability to quarantine had to be a relief to many.

If you've been to Australia, any travel obs or tips would be appreciated, @scarf1.

Hello i am a hermes fan since many years now and i have found one pair of hermes jumping boots in burgundy color in 41.5 EU size i worn 42EU normally.

I would like to know if they can I can reach them well

And if 700€ is a good price for hermes jumping boots burgundy never worn?
Here's my two cents. I wore a 39 EU for years and now I seem to do better in a 39.5 in a brand that I think is European. My guess is that it would take a while to break in the boots so they are comfortable, wearing them for rather short intervals, etc. But once you got them fairly comfortable, my hunch is that you will be able to wear them a long time b/c they probably won't stretch beyond a 42. My problem is that if I wear 39.5 shoes a lot, they seem to stretch, coming close to a 40 which is too big.

Shoemakers can stretch leather of course, but having gone thru that experience I'd suggest having your shoes stretched incrementally, not all at once. I got unwearable shoes with the all at once route.

Burgundy is a lovely color for boots. IMO that color is scarce compared with browns and black.
You could talk with an SA, ask what they recommend.

I was unable to load the full video here which would have told the story of Triumph, who is pictured. You can see in the photo that Triumph is missing a foot (due to a birth defect). Triumph couldn't climb like ordinary koalas and so he couldn't function outdoors. His devoted carer, Marley, sent word out that Triumph needed a prothesis. A professional close by who was familiar with casting, made one that looked like a bright orange small drinking cup. When Marley fit the final version on Triumph, to her delight he jumped. The little rubber prothesis allowed Triumph to run around, dragging his orange foot a bit, but still ambulatory. His name had been something else, but at that point Marley decided the name "Triumph" would be more appropriate. Triumph will live out his life in a sanctuary with Marley beside him.

I was unable to load the full video here which would have told the story of Triumph, who is pictured. You can see in the photo that Triumph is missing a foot (due to a birth defect). Triumph couldn't climb like ordinary koalas and so he couldn't function outdoors. His devoted carer, Marley, sent word out that Triumph needed a prothesis. A professional close by who was familiar with casting, made one that looked like a bright orange small drinking cup. When Marley fit the final version on Triumph, to her delight he jumped. The little rubber prothesis allowed Triumph to run around, dragging his orange foot a bit, but still ambulatory. His name had been something else, but at that point Marley decided the name "Triumph" would be more appropriate. Triumph will live out his life in a sanctuary with Marley beside him.
What a wonderful story. It’s been a long work week and it’s only Tuesday. Gah. I wish I could see that video! What a cute little guy and kudos to his caregiver and the professional who made him a prosthetic. Keep on running, Triumph!

Wow, that's great that you carried your B35 in beautiful Bleu Izmir (I think I have a CDC in that color). I haven't carried any H bag for two years. Carrying an H bag is kinda celebratory, justifying dressing up at least to some degree. I know the feeling. I feel sufficiently ok to carry my purple non-leather Coach bag, however, which is something. I did dress up for a couple of routine doc visits, tho (nice purple outfits). Possibly I looked like I was attending a wedding, LOL! I needed to do that to feel somewhat normal.

An occasion to carry a K or B is popping into a nice department store, like the Neiman Marcus and Lord and Taylor, stores that closed a year ago. My beloved bead store also closed then.

@Fabfashion, was going to a restaurant on your agenda when you went out? How'd it go?
@eagle1002us, I was hoping to go to a restaurant when I went downtown to visit the Cartier boutique. DH gifted me with a beautiful ring for our 30th anniversary (I feel O-L-D saying 30). Lol. Let’s just say for the purpose of this discussion, I was married at 15. Haha. Anyhow, DH reminded me that Toronto is in a gray zone which means restaurants are only open for take out or delivery. So we weren’t able to go to my favourite pasta place but we went to a restaurant in our neighbourhood instead. We’re in a suburb and it’s classified as a red zone which means restaurants can serve up to 10 patrons. Food wasn’t as great but it was nice to be out and got to be served for a change. :biggrin:

• Love
Reactions: 880
I believe you can hold koalas in Queensland at Lone Pine Sanctuary and get your picture taken. Possibly the Australia zoo also offers that. I understand it's a really fast process so the koala doesn't have time to get stressed. I would love to do that. I know someone who held one and she said it was the experience of a lifetime. Their fur looks so soft, it'd be lovely to pet one if that was possible (which I doubt).

I would like to go there too but I don't know what the Covid situation is. I read an article this past weekend in The New York Times was griping about having to quarantine for a couple of weeks in Brisbane in an overnight (size) hotel room. Then he went to Thailand and got a super room with a patio and a decorative pool for the same price.

My concern aside from gazillion Covid variants is the 12 hour flight. If that's the length of time facing you, how do you feel about it?
@eagle1002us, I’m curious too whether koala‘s fur is soft? Koalas look so cute and just seem very sweet. Can’t wait to hold one one day.

Years ago I visited elephant sanctuary in Thailand. I alway thought the baby elephants looked so cute. What I didn’t plan for when I got to pet one was how wiry and hard their little hair were. They were still so cute and playful though. I was just a little surprised. That’s why TLC and Discovery channels just can’t beat the real thing.

I travelled to Bangkok around mid-November after filling out many forms and jumping several hoops. I stayed in a quarantine hotel for 15 nights and it was about 700 sq.ft. with balcony, great food selection and concierge service. Didn’t have a decorative pool though. There are about 100 state certified quarantine hotels where people can choose from at different service levels. It was a long boring time but at least it was endurable. It took 25 hours to get there though including 7 hours layover in Frankfurt. I took Lufthansa economy but the plane had barely 60 passengers that everyone got the whole row or two to themselves. I wouldn’t recommend travelling before vaccination though just to be safe. I had business to attend to that couldn’t wait but at least the hotel was nice. And, the Sheraton Luxury Collection Hotel that I stayed after the quarantine hotel was a dream.

Reactions: Perja
What a wonderful story. It’s been a long work week and it’s only Tuesday. Gah. I wish I could see that video! What a cute little guy and kudos to his caregiver and the professional who made him a prosthetic. Keep on running, Triumph!
Thank you, @Fabfashion. I tried without success a couple of times to get a link to the story thru FB. Things do repeat on FB to some degree so I'll be on the lookout for a way to get it. Meanwhile, here's a cute photo I just saw:

1617246575607.png

Reactions: Gnuj
This one is for @Gnuj b/c it has a lot of koalas!
1617246673684.png
Too cute! We only have black bears and polar bears in our province. Could look cute but definitely not cuddly.
Too cute! We only have black bears and polar bears in our province. Could look cute but definitely not cuddly.
Polar bears? Polar bears? You're not joking?

Reactions: Gnuj