Hermes Cafe Bon Temps~Good Times Cafe

@eagle1002us, I’m curious too whether koala‘s fur is soft? Koalas look so cute and just seem very sweet. Can’t wait to hold one one day.

Years ago I visited elephant sanctuary in Thailand. I alway thought the baby elephants looked so cute. What I didn’t plan for when I got to pet one was how wiry and hard their little hair were. They were still so cute and playful though. I was just a little surprised. That’s why TLC and Discovery channels just can’t beat the real thing.

I travelled to Bangkok around mid-November after filling out many forms and jumping several hoops. I stayed in a quarantine hotel for 15 nights and it was about 700 sq.ft. with balcony, great food selection and concierge service. Didn’t have a decorative pool though. There are about 100 state certified quarantine hotels where people can choose from at different service levels. It was a long boring time but at least it was endurable. It took 25 hours to get there though including 7 hours layover in Frankfurt. I took Lufthansa economy but the plane had barely 60 passengers that everyone got the whole row or two to themselves. I wouldn’t recommend travelling before vaccination though just to be safe. I had business to attend to that couldn’t wait but at least the hotel was nice. And, the Sheraton Luxury Collection Hotel that I stayed after the quarantine hotel was a dream.
How much time was flying time, 18 hours? Is that right? Wow. I'm trying to wrap my head around 12 hours to Australia. Plus 3 hours to get to LA to catch the flight. But we'd be in business class if we went. It just occurred to me that if I slept for 8 hours there'd only be 4 hours to the flight which is nothing. We pretty much know what we'd do to get there but the country is closed right now and we could get stuck with a two week quarantine if we got there. There is no choice of quarantine hotels, evidently, they are just cubby-holes more suited for an overnight stay. (I don't know if holding a koala for a second or two is worth the two weeks).

What did you do during quarantine? Did they let you use an exercise room and sit outside? I'd probably be shopping online most of the time and would be broke by the end of the quarantine. I understand from talking to someone who held a koala that the fur is kinda dense and somewhat wooly. The fur shelters them from intense rainstorms b/c koalas can bend over and turn themselves into a furball. But it looks soft and I think I've read somewhere that it is soft.
Actually they look so fluffy (floofballs?) that holding them looks to be a highly desirable experience. If you ever do get there and hold one I -- and others here -- would love to hear about it.

@eagle1002us, I was hoping to go to a restaurant when I went downtown to visit the Cartier boutique. DH gifted me with a beautiful ring for our 30th anniversary (I feel O-L-D saying 30). Lol. Let’s just say for the purpose of this discussion, I was married at 15. Haha. Anyhow, DH reminded me that Toronto is in a gray zone which means restaurants are only open for take out or delivery. So we weren’t able to go to my favourite pasta place but we went to a restaurant in our neighbourhood instead. We’re in a suburb and it’s classified as a red zone which means restaurants can serve up to 10 patrons. Food wasn’t as great but it was nice to be out and got to be served for a change. :biggrin:
Congrats on the anniversary, @Fabfashion! Cartier? If you want to post a picture of it several people in this forum are on standby ready to drool, including me. I got a ring too for the 30th, a Yurman pearl cluster. Not much longer for the next milestone.

Dr. Fauci, the go-to Covid expert for the US, made a comment that made us wary of going to a restaurant (the neighborhood one that would probably have a fair amount of people). It must have been heaven being in a restaurant after so long.

How much time was flying time, 18 hours? Is that right? Wow. I'm trying to wrap my head around 12 hours to Australia. Plus 3 hours to get to LA to catch the flight. But we'd be in business class if we went. It just occurred to me that if I slept for 8 hours there'd only be 4 hours to the flight which is nothing. We pretty much know what we'd do to get there but the country is closed right now and we could get stuck with a two week quarantine if we got there. There is no choice of quarantine hotels, evidently, they are just cubby-holes more suited for an overnight stay. (I don't know if holding a koala for a second or two is worth the two weeks).

What did you do during quarantine? Did they let you use an exercise room and sit outside? I'd probably be shopping online most of the time and would be broke by the end of the quarantine. I understand from talking to someone who held a koala that the fur is kinda dense and somewhat wooly. The fur shelters them from intense rainstorms b/c koalas can bend over and turn themselves into a furball. But it looks soft and I think I've read somewhere that it is soft.
Actually they look so fluffy (floofballs?) that holding them looks to be a highly desirable experience. If you ever do get there and hold one I -- and others here -- would love to hear about it.
It was about 8 hrs from Toronto to Frankfurt and then 10.5 hours from Frankfurt to Bangkok. The layover was a killer at about 7 hours! This was back in mid-November. Each airport was like a ghost town. I had to walk to another terminal in Frankfurt to find a cafe that was opened. Unfortunately all the duty free shops including Hermes was closed. The Rolex store was opened though. :P

The quarantine period was pretty boring. After the covid test on day 5, they opened my room’s balcony so I could sit outside. The balcony door was locked for the first 4 days which I wasn’t aware of. I guess I didn’t read the details well enough. Some hotels would have done their covid test a lot sooner so you could enjoy the outdoors sooner. I was then able to go to the rooftop terrace and hung out for an hour a day. Yup, 1 hour. Only saw a few people at once as they didn’t want too many people at the same time. So I did some work, read books, watched some TV, did light exercise. Couldn’t use the pool or gym. I FaceTime with my kids at breakfast when it was their dinner time and then chatted at dinner when they were having breakfast. Time did go by quite quickly though. Thank goodness for technology!

Check out this article. Phuket in Thailand may be opening soon, although it’ll depend on their vaccine rollout. The country is suffering from the lack of tourists. https://www.thailand-property.com/b...=lBZoPF2qv+h34dNxsUmHoxwUnRnlmwiuCIJkd9A7F3A=

Do koalas sleep a lot and eat a lot? I read that pandas supposedly eat all day. I watched this documentary about pandas at the San Diego zoo. They just look so soft and cuddly. I’m sure they probably feel wooly too.

Congrats on the anniversary, @Fabfashion! Cartier? If you want to post a picture of it several people in this forum are on standby ready to drool, including me. I got a ring too for the 30th, a Yurman pearl cluster. Not much longer for the next milestone.

Dr. Fauci, the go-to Covid expert for the US, made a comment that made us wary of going to a restaurant (the neighborhood one that would probably have a fair amount of people). It must have been heaven being in a restaurant after so long.
Thank you! Time flies when we’re having fun. Here’s my new anniversary ring. No where to wear it to so I just wear it around the house and when I drive to pick up my kids from school. Such as my life now.
18002D93-AC35-43BF-93D4-DC5B038FCCE5.jpeg

That’s exciting that your next milestone is coming up. I have Pinterest board for blings and things I’d like one day. This Love ring wasn’t planned. I had my SA transferred few other rings in but I didn’t love them. This one ended up looking great for my right hand so here we are.

It was so nice to eat at a a restaurant for a change and getting served. We order take out 2-3 times a week but still have to set up our own table and clean up. I even ordered a peach bellini. :biggrin:

Reactions: Gnuj
1617412455985.png
Thank you! Time flies when we’re having fun. Here’s my new anniversary ring. No where to wear it to so I just wear it around the house and when I drive to pick up my kids from school. Such as my life now.
View attachment 5043322

That’s exciting that your next milestone is coming up. I have Pinterest board for blings and things I’d like one day. This Love ring wasn’t planned. I had my SA transferred few other rings in but I didn’t love them. This one ended up looking great for my right hand so here we are.

It was so nice to eat at a a restaurant for a change and getting served. We order take out 2-3 times a week but still have to set up our own table and clean up. I even ordered a peach bellini. :biggrin:
You're right! The ring does suit your hand, looks like it was made for it. This is a ring that can be worn everyday or on dressy occasions. Good choice! I wear stuff around the house, too.

We order takeout a couple of times a week. DH orders subs, I order Thai, some sliced duck. I think the dish has white cauliflower cut and shaped into small French fries for looks (altho the restaurant said it's cabbage). .There's some crispy noodles and a heavenly soy sauce which has a couple of small [seed?] pods floating in it. It's flavored. I love that cauliflower which I suppose is pretty basic so it needs the flavored soy sauce. (Going to Paris is worth it for the duck, never mind Hermes :smile:

Yes, koalas sleep and eat all day. Supposedly they sleep around 18 hr./day but it's broken into intervals, 4 hrs. sleeping, an hour eating, repeat as needed. This is a bit of a problem when people visit zoos or sanctuaries. The two koalas we saw at Palm Beach zoo were sleepy-heads possibly because it was noontime and the open roofed area where the animals were contained altho shaded, was very warm. Supposedly it is good manners when visiting an outdoor koala reserve in Australia to tiptoe around and speak in a low voice. No boom boxes allowed. K/oalas are hard to see bc they're gray and small bumps on trees.

One sanctuary in Australia has a night time web cam when they get really lively. But there are some good U-tubes that show koalas in action, real action. One is of a "koala gets kicked out of a tree and cries" [google that] which is a mini-battle of the sexes. Koalas shake when they're really mad and this young lady is really shaking with rage when a male tosses her out of "his" tree for the second time. She's feisty with a good set of lungs. I really like her.

View attachment 5043337

You're right! The ring does suit your hand, looks like it was made for it. This is a ring that can be worn everyday or on dressy occasions. Good choice! I wear stuff around the house, too.

We order takeout a couple of times a week. DH orders subs, I order Thai, some sliced duck. I think the dish has white cauliflower cut and shaped into small French fries for looks (altho the restaurant said it's cabbage). .There's some crispy noodles and a heavenly soy sauce which has a couple of small [seed?] pods floating in it. It's flavored. I love that cauliflower which I suppose is pretty basic so it needs the flavored soy sauce. (Going to Paris is worth it for the duck, never mind Hermes :smile:
Thank you on the ring! I’m very pleased with it.

This pic of mama and baby koalas is so adorable! Didn’t realize baby koalas are light beige/cream in color. I know not much if anything about koalas other than that they’re very cute and they love eucalyptus. ;)

Small seed pods—are they sesame seeds? I love duck. Love duck l’orange but Peking duck is my fave.

Ooooh, I :heart: your animal jewelry board.

Yes, koalas sleep and eat all day. Supposedly they sleep around 18 hr./day but it's broken into intervals, 4 hrs. sleeping, an hour eating, repeat as needed. This is a bit of a problem when people visit zoos or sanctuaries. The two koalas we saw at Palm Beach zoo were sleepy-heads possibly because it was noontime and the open roofed area where the animals were contained altho shaded, was very warm. Supposedly it is good manners when visiting an outdoor koala reserve in Australia to tiptoe around and speak in a low voice. No boom boxes allowed. K/oalas are hard to see bc they're gray and small bumps on trees.

One sanctuary in Australia has a night time web cam when they get really lively. But there are some good U-tubes that show koalas in action, real action. One is of a "koala gets kicked out of a tree and cries" [google that] which is a mini-battle of the sexes. Koalas shake when they're really mad and this young lady is really shaking with rage when a male tosses her out of "his" tree for the second time. She's feisty with a good set of lungs. I really like her.
I’m going to look for this video of tantrum throwing koala. :lol:

Thank you on the ring! I’m very pleased with it.

This pic of mama and baby koalas is so adorable! Didn’t realize baby koalas are light beige/cream in color. I know not much if anything about koalas other than that they’re very cute and they love eucalyptus. ;)

Small seed pods—are they sesame seeds? I love duck. Love duck l’orange but Peking duck is my fave.

Ooooh, I :heart: your animal jewelry board.

You saw it? Wild wild animal jewelry (two 'wilds'). Glad you like it. I enjoy looking at animal jewelry so I frequently post in it. Pinterest really does have a lot of interesting things.

The white koala a few pages ago is an albino, I think. Baby koalas or joeys are the size of a jellybean when they're born. And they're a rosy pink so the technical term is "pinkies." They stay for six months in the mother's [marsupial] pouch and then emerge and go back in [for mum's milk] then out again. Mum starts them on eucalyptus leaves which becomes the only thing they eat. Once they grow too large for the pouch they ride on mum's back, stomach, or head. Some koalas are predominately gray with a mottled white bum and the other kind are brown with a white bib, after their mothers. I belong to some FB about koalas, mainly Australian folks, I think, and they're always saying something about "cuteness overload" which is so true.

No not sesame. Like a marquise shape, pointed on both ends, and kinda gouged out in the middle as if something was removed or fell out. It's a little larger than a caraway seed.
I used to eat Peking duck three times a week, easily, with plum sauce, spring onions and pancakes. When I was working I'd walk around the building which had long corridors which burned off some calories. I haven't had it for a while. Eating the whole darn thing at once is probably not a good idea when I am staying at home b/c of Covid restrictions. Plus the Thai restaurant does the cabbage/seed/soy/toasted noodles with sliced duck with a red sauce over it. It's a smaller dinner for me but very tasty and keeps me full..

OMG. Poor baby! The big koala was so mean. The tree is big enough to share. The sound of her crying totally stressed out my Maltese furbabies. I hope she found a different tree without any meanies!
Glad you saw it!! I think this was taped at Kangaroo Island and there were people nearby. I read that she stuck around for a while then got to stay on the tree after he left. I love her wails at the end. She is so dramatic! She then looks around like she doesn't know what to do next, maybe she's even a little bit embarrassed. I think she's looking at people while she's being filmed and the wails could be a way of getting them to intervene for her. The male is up on the tree bellowing (that's what it's called) as a way to call attention to his dominance.

When koalas get approached and they don't want to be, they make this horrible racket, you can't believe the sounds they create. It sounds like they are huge animals. This would definitely stress out the Maltese.

Glad you saw it!! I think this was taped at Kangaroo Island and there were people nearby. I read that she stuck around for a while then got to stay on the tree after he left. I love her wails at the end. She is so dramatic! She then looks around like she doesn't know what to do next, maybe she's even a little bit embarrassed. I think she's looking at people while she's being filmed and the wails could be a way of getting them to intervene for her. The male is up on the tree bellowing (that's what it's called) as a way to call attention to his dominance.

When koalas get approached and they don't want to be, they make this horrible racket, you can't believe the sounds they create. It sounds like they are huge animals. This would definitely stress out the Maltese.
Her wail at the end was so heartbreaking. I think she wanted someone to help her takeover that tree and kick out the meanie. Glad to hear she got it in the end. She was so adamant. It’s not like there weren‘t other trees nearby. Her persistence is a lot like me when I really want something especially a goody that caught my fancy. I can be relentless until I get it. Lol. My DH and DDs are running the other way when they see me coming these days as I’m in research mode for an eternity band and kept showing them pics and videos. Hehe.

You got to post the pic of these pods in the soy sauce. I’m super curious!

I have a number of boards on Pinterest, the "most curated" by me is the animal jewelry.

View attachment 5043373

One for Fabfashion:
View attachment 5043376View attachment 5043371

Two for eagle:
View attachment 5043373

View attachment 5043380

And I have clothes and accessory boards, too.
I especially :heart: the panda and koala. I wanted the Galop bangle and necklace for years and just never pulled the trigger. I’m a year of a horse and a Leo so I have special fondness horses and lion/leopard. H just works perfectly. :lol: