Which wrist for bracelets, and why?

To be honest, I haven't seen a big difference in wear between the left and right so far. For me, another detail is crucial. I always try to have a similar weight on both wrists. It drives me crazy when the difference between left and right is too big. Most of the time I wear 3 Loves on my right arm and that's about the weight of a watch on my left wrist. If I wear more than 3 on the right I also add some “love“ to the left, so 5 on the right and watch plus 2 on the left or so.

Last edited:
To be honest, I haven't seen a big difference in wear between the left and right so far. For me, another detail is crucial. I always try to have a similar weight on both wrists. It drives me crazy when the difference between left and right is too big. Most of the time I wear 3 Loves on my right arm and that's about the weight of a watch on my left wrist. If I wear more than 3 on the right I also add some “love“ to the left, so 5 on the right and watch plus 2 on the left or so.
Cool - I´d like to see that! Pics please!

I first got my love about two years ago. I originally put it on my right, but it kept banging on things. So, I switched to left within a week since it was still new and I wanted to prevent the scratches as much as possible. It stayed there for two years and I didn't move it until last week when I was required to take all my jewelry off for a procedure. Since I recently got a timepiece, which I wear on my left wrist, I decided to switch it up to "balance" out my arms.

Now I wear my love + a diamond tennis bracelet on right wrist. My E-ring and wedding band (9.45 ct. total) on left hand + a timepiece.

It looks much better, IMO. My E-ring stack is quite prominent and with everything on my left and nothing on my right, it looked very unbalanced... but GOSH, the love feels so weird on my right (probably b/c I had it on my left for 2 yrs.)! But I hope I get used to it... and then one day I hope to add a JUC!

Last edited:
I wear mine on my right hand and my watch in my left. I try and cover it with my long sleeve top if I’m typing to avoid any scratching. It’s just because I prefer my watch on my left with my wedding rings so it balances things out.

How do both bracelets behave? Do they keep distance or do they like to cuddle with each other?

I’ve had my SM Love for over 3 years. I’m right handed and i initially wore it on my left wrist to prevent early scratches.

But I felt it was not getting the attention it deserved. It felt “weird” having it on my left. When I talk I’m expressive with my right wrist.

I’m looking to purchase the classic and wondering whether to have on the left to avoid scratches right away.

They will scratch anyway, so just wear it where you want to wear it ;) At least that is what I do (on my dominant right hand). I do think that the most scratches happen in the first few weeks as an adaption period. You are already used to your sm love, so I don't think it will scratch that much from the start.

Reactions: cartier and pibi
Bumping up.

I read that some of you decided to switch arm after some time of wear.

I've been wearing on my left since day 1 (and that has been just merely a week). I decided to switch to my right this morning and I'm feeling quite right so far.

I'm a born leftie and trained to use my right (mainly for writing and chopsticks and I can switch these activities between the arms). Left is my dominant and somehow I've always been liking to wear arm candy on left (my old gold, jade bangles). But past one week I've been feeling the "stress" - I guess because Love bracelet is a magnet for scratches, and I also acknowledge this is just a beginning phase. Despite I do wear sweat band at times of the day when arm work is high, I was questioning if it would be better off I wear it on right, my non dominant. I'm liking it so far.

Somehow on right the Love looks lonely. I need a clash ring (for example lol).
1B1CC66E-CD6F-4BF8-B1EC-1D1164D36740.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Cartier_loveaffair
I wear my love and juc thin on my dominant right hand. No reason why, that’s just where the it felt comfortable. The only time I notice it at all is when when typing on the desktop at work sometimes. Depending where my wrists rest, it sometimes feels uncomfortable. But it would feel the same on my left wrist. Luckily, I usually use my laptop, which doesn’t have that problem.

Right-handed. I don't have a watch yet, but wear a bracelet on my left hand. Since I need a free right hand. I have three cats. Therefore, I often clean something, and if there was a bracelet on my right hand, it would have many times more scratches on it.

Reactions: avcbob
I've never really thought about it! I'm right-handed, and it was an automatic decision to wear it on my right, dominant hand.

1) I wear my watches on the left, and I don't particularly like stacking anything substantial with them (I wear a gossamer-thin Sweet Nothing Catbird bracelet on my left, with the watch).
2) Because I'm right-handed, I want my bracelet to be where my dominant hand is so that I get to admire it a lot more since I see my right hand more often than the left (if that makes sense at all!)

I wear mine on my right wrist. I'm left-handed, but mainly because I wear my watch on my left wrist, and I think it would be just too cumbersome to wear both together on the same wrist. But using the computer can be annoying, I admit, but I'd rather it be that way than wearing it on the same wrist as my watch.