Which wrist for bracelets, and why?

For some reason I think they look best on the right, and that does seem to be far more common from what I see. With that said, I wear mine on the left as I'm a guy doing guy stuff around the house and on the car, etc. If I wore it on the right, and being right handed, it would be in the way and get scratched up beyond belief!!

That is so interesting that you should say that - "For some reason I think they look best on the right..."!! Also, someone else agreed with that.

I never really thought about it, and I wonder why that is visually so, but I used to wear it on my left, but then decided to switch it to my right so that I could reserve my left arm for my watch (which I don't think I could ever get used to on my right arm). I was surprised at how quickly I adjusted to the Loves on my right arm, even though I am a righty!

According to this small poll, most people do prefer it on their right arm. Maybe it has to do with the fact that approximately 90% of the population are righties, leaving about 10% as lefties, and righties generally prefer their left arm for their watch and so we are used to seeing it that way - interesting!!

Last edited:
Reactions: avcbob and dolly_55
That is so interesting that you should say that - "For some reason I think they look best on the right..."!! Also, someone else agreed with that.

I never really thought about it, and I wonder why that is visually so, but I used to wear it on my left, but then decided to switch it to my right so that I could reserve my left arm for my watch (which I don't think I could ever get used to on my right arm). I was surprised at how quickly I adjusted to the Loves on my right arm, even though I am a righty!

According to this small poll, most people do prefer it on their right arm. Maybe it has to do with the fact that approximately 90% of the population are righties, leaving about 10% as lefties, and righties generally prefer their left arm for their watch and so we are used to seeing it that way - interesting!!

I think that’s true! I am left handed, so I wear my watch on my right arm and my love on my left.

Reactions: avcbob and Chaton

My wife started out wearing her loves on the left, then moved to the right and they've been there ever since. I started with the left and that's where they stay. I very seldom wear a watch anymore so that's no problem. When I do wear a watch it's a Timex..quite a contrast against the Cartier! I agree - I don't think I could EVER get used to wearing a watch on my right arm!

Reactions: Chaton
Hi everyone. I’m enjoying everyone’s posts!
I wear my regular love on my right wrist, by itself. This is my dominant hand, and yes, it gets scratched but for some reason, as others have posted, it feels more comfortable there and I like the simplicity of one bracelet. I used to stack with a small love but it felt too heavy/clunky, so now I wear my small love on my left, along with other bracelets. A more delicate look and better flatters my slightly thinner left wrist (not being my dominant hand). I think maybe the wider regular love looks better on my slightly thicker right wrist. And it kinda feels a little powerful! Has anyone else felt that way?

I wear my regular love on my right wrist, by itself. This is my dominant hand, and yes, it gets scratched but for some reason, as others have posted, it feels more comfortable there and I like the simplicity of one bracelet. I used to stack with a small love but it felt too heavy/clunky, so now I wear my small love on my left, along with other bracelets. A more delicate look and better flatters my slightly thinner left wrist (not being my dominant hand). I think maybe the wider regular love looks better on my slightly thicker right wrist. And it kinda feels a little powerful! Has anyone else felt that way?

Honestly, I love the look of the classic by itself as well. I have the same combo as you - a small Love as well as the classic. Initially, I had thought to separate them as well, but then that would mean I would have to be more aware of scratches on BOTH arms instead of one! LOL I have programmed myself to reach for things using my left arm! :biggrin:

Also, it would be too upsetting for my husband if I put my small Love away so I just go with it and wear both! Hahaha...can't let 4k sit in a safe unused! :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: avcbob
Funny, I also didn’t wear my small love for a few months, but then found I actually really like it on my left hand. My hubby insisted I get it, and I honestly wasn’t sure about it but how could I say no?? I just make sure I always keep the already-scratched side down whichever arm I wear it on, so the top of the bracelet stays relatively shiny. Looks nice with a chain bracelet. I love the flexibility of switching things up with the small love being easily removable. Glad I have it. Win win!

• Haha
For the last two years, I wore my love bracelet on my left wrist, but I just changed it over to my right wrist because I just bought an Apple watch and realized they don't look good at all together. I definitely it'll get scratched more on my right wrist, but it'll also be more visible to others because my right hand is the dominant one, so I'll be doing more stuff (like reaching for the door handle, etc) with my right hand.

I started off on my right but since I am right handed I felt it was getting scratched up too much so I moved it to my left. I do wear it with my Cartier watch but they don't seem to compete. Mine is the 10 diamond in YG & it was an anniversary gift from my hubby. I like having my Love bracelet on my ring hand. Seems more special.

@Cat Fondler:
I am planning to do something similar to you by separating my Loves on each arm with my classic on my right arm and my small on my left, but I’m deciding on what to add to the small Love on the left arm.

What did you end up pairing it with?

@Cat Fondler:
I am planning to do something similar to you by separating my Loves on each arm with my classic on my right arm and my small on my left, but I’m deciding on what to add to the small Love on the left arm.

What did you end up pairing it with?
I sometimes pair it with a trinity cord bracelet, but I’ve been pondering a white gold w/diamonds thin love to complement my white gold wedding ring. What are you considering? Right now I’m going very simple with just the love classic yellow gold on my right wrist.

I sometimes pair it with a trinity cord bracelet, but I’ve been pondering a white gold w/diamonds thin love to complement my white gold wedding ring. What are you considering? Right now I’m going very simple with just the love classic yellow gold on my right wrist.

Hi @Cat Fondler:

What a coincidence! I just got the Trinity Cord Bracelet and am pairing it with my small Love on my left arm for an arm of dainty things!

I’m so glad I got the Trinity Cord Bracelet because I wanted something that would not crossover and scratch the small Love like a ‘separator’ so it’s a perfect complement.

For the past 2 months I had not been wearing it (the small) at all until I finally thought to pair it with something on my left. I just never considered wearing bracelets on both arms before, but I didn’t want to let it just sit away in a dark safe! :lol:

We think alike! Sometimes I wear all 3 on my right wrist and the trinity cord also acts as a separator so both loves don’t look like one thick bracelet (my classic and thin loves are both yellow gold). I’d like to get another trinity cord with a white or light grey cord, but I’ll need to wait until I am able to visit a boutique. Sadly, (luckily?) there are none in my area. Wish we could order colored cords on line. It’s such a great little bracelet and the cord is so durable!