is everyone turned off to ebay for selling?

sdkitty

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I used to sell on Bonanza but that's gone pretty quiet these days. If I try a new place to sell I'd like to have it be one where I can control the price. If I try ebay I'll probably do it BIN or make offer. I've always been afraid of ebay due to the horror stories I've seen about people buying a bag and then saying it's fake, etc. Have you all moved on from ebay? what are you using?

I’ve bought and sold a few things there in the past few months. As a seller I like mercari, mainly bc it doesn’t require me to print a label (I don’t have a home printer)
so do you ship it yourself and you just hand write the label? some of these platforms take the bag from you and then they ship I think

I use eBay and Mercari. I either ship myself or use the QR code to use at postal place. I prefer the QR to get the printer label. I don’t have a home printer anymore. High end bags I just use fashionphile! I’m done using eBay or Mercari for them.
my first attempt at one of these selling sites will probably be a bag I don't expect to get very much for....but would like to not give it away as I pretty much did with the bags I brought to local consignment....

sdkitty, I just have to say your "kitty" picture is adorable! I am terribly allergic but want to just love on that beautiful feline. :heart: Look at those paws and that inquisitive face!!!
oh thank you :smile:
he's our little character
very shy with strangers but a clown for us....that climbing of the chairs is a frequent occurrence
Too bad you have serious allergies....I'm allergic too but nothing terrible

I do all of my selling to consignment places like Yoogis and Fashionphile. As a buyer I primarily buy from those two sites and eBay. I prefer BIN auctions with Best Offer. I hate waiting around to bid on something, and Best Offer gives me an idea what the seller is looking for. Also as a seller it allows you a chance to chose a good buyer by looking over their feedback before accepting an offer. Good luck!

Reactions: sdkitty
I’ve bought and sold a few things there in the past few months. As a seller I like mercari, mainly bc it doesn’t require me to print a label (I don’t have a home printer)

I wasn't aware of this! I can't get my printer to work (think Jane Fonda office machine in 9 to 5)
and so I haven't bothered trying to list. I used to have to stand in line anyway to get my labels scanned so having the PO print is great!
Thank you!