is everyone turned off to ebay for selling?

thanks
I think I'm gonna try my first ebay listing. maybe do BIN with no offer option and they can message me if they want to ask if I'll take offers?
It's not a high end bag but I'd like to get something for it.
Is it better to list on the weekend or at end of week rather than weekdays?

You may want to consider the make an offer option, though. I think you can choose how low you wish to go, and the system will automatically deny anything lower. It may just be psychological, but I like seeing the make an offer choice as a buyer, LOL. It may also save you from getting low-ball offers continuously. And as I think someone else mentioned, you can then screen your potential buyer before you accept an offer. Other than that, if you take clear pictures and tell your potential buyers everything that you would want to know about an item, you will probably do fine.

Reactions: sdkitty
You may want to consider the make an offer option, though. I think you can choose how low you wish to go, and the system will automatically deny anything lower. It may just be psychological, but I like seeing the make an offer choice as a buyer, LOL. It may also save you from getting low-ball offers continuously. And as I think someone else mentioned, you can then screen your potential buyer before you accept an offer. Other than that, if you take clear pictures and tell your potential buyers everything that you would want to know about an item, you will probably do fine.
I'll check that out. my first inclination was to do BIN with offer option but my DH thought that would invite low offers.

Reactions: cbarrus
I had an experience recently as a buyer. the listing was BIN with no offer option. I messaged her asking if she would consider a lower offer. she asked what my offer was and politely declined. this was a couple of weeks ago and the items is still there. that's ok; I wasn't really sure about it anyway

I had an experience recently as a buyer. the listing was BIN with no offer option. I messaged her asking if she would consider a lower offer. she asked what my offer was and politely declined. this was a couple of weeks ago and the items is still there. that's ok; I wasn't really sure about it anyway

It happens. There is a fairly rare Balenciaga city that has been on eBay for at least 2 years or longer. The seller is asking a very high amount for it, and I'm assuming is not taking any offers. I never tried. My biggest pet peeve is to email someone with questions and not get a response. I had that happen recently and, of course, I did not buy the bag, lol.

Reactions: thebattagirl
I'm in MP (managed payments) so I get the FVF back except for the 30 cents.
ok, BeenBurned, I need some of your expert advice if you don't mind! :flowers: And any other sellers, please chime in!!

I have not sold on Ebay for over 7 years so I am assuming a lot has changed.
When I did sell things, it was never anything over $2,000 -- and when I DID sell things I was a nervous wreck, worried about scammer buyers.

Now I am older and more "mature"...ahem....I have decided to sell my Hermes collection. I am terrified at the thought of selling again, especially my Birkins, but I don't know if this fear is founded since I see so many people selling their luxury bags without any problems.

I had read things about Ebay no longer protecting sellers, not allowing sellers to leave negative feedback on buyers, etc. I have read things that say Paypal is no longer giving the 3% fee for returns/cancellations. I don't mind offering my buyers returns, as long as the told me within 3-5 days so I wouldn't be caught off guard. I always wanted buy buyers to love their purchase and I, myself, always appreciated sellers who allowed me to return things promptly, so I like to return the favor.

Can you please give me some selling advice? Does Paypal keep the 3% on returns? Can a seller protect themselves and how? Anything you would recommend for someone re-starting to sell again?

Thanks so much!!

I used to sell on eBay a lot as well but have not done so in a while. I had mostly positive experiences but there were also some weird ones. I have also sold on TRR but in the future plan to try FASHIONPHILE as well. I mostly enjoy the hassle free part of selling through TRR (though not as much money is made as if I sell on my own via eBay) and assume FASHIONPHILE is the same (less hassle than eBay) but I am hoping to make a bit more there than TRR due to the commission rates, especially on higher end items. I find I have less patience and time to deal with eBay now.

You take the code to the post office and they print it.
Really? I never knew USPS offers that. Mercari does give me QR codes for UPS, though. I may need to give this a try.

As for ebay, my sales there are dead. I sell on Mercari and Posh now, mostly. It is a little better there, but still pretty slow.
I've tried to sell on other sites, but it seems ebay has the most traffic. Would love to find a less expensive selling option.
Vinted is the cheapest, since they make the buyer pay for the fees. However, it is very dead there. I wouldn't recommend selling anything there.

Sadly am done with eBay, I think. False SNAD filed on me that was clearly a case of buyer remorse (my listed policy is no returns) and eBay makes you just accept it anyway because they truly think the buyer is always right. Never mind that I’ve sold items at this price point with positive feedback and this buyer has half the history. I feel lucky to have my item back at least, but it took weeks, nasty buyer messages, multiple phone calls with customer service, and I’m still out $50 for an item that was only ~$800 to start with due to fees shipping etc. Think I’ll be going with Facebook groups or TRR/Fashionphile/Vestiaire despite the lower upfront - or lately some of the IG consignors have offered good percentages - our time and inner peace have to be worth something right!?

Reactions: thebattagirl