Resellers getting Chanel items first and selling for premium

I agree, I think unboxings are all fine - no problem. But where the problem lies is when purchases are done and shortly sold -most probably at profit. Or when she keeps buying and selling with fees on top in turn generating not just profit for her but also pushing her up to get more gifts / access to hard to find items with her SAs or contacts. It comes across as opportunist and someone who is not authentic. How can one’s ultimate holy grail item be so easily sold, I won’t be surprised if she sells her chanel mini gold square or even the rectangle mini in caramel at some point. I can’t see her keeping both for sure.. watch this space.
EXACTLY what I‘ve been thinking

@2manychins the bag that you eventually purchased for your daughter this wasn't from one of the Sa you caught playing games with the resellers? When the store manager got involved into looking at the inventory of the merchandise the two Sa involved in this scheme should have been fired.
No a SA in the Beverly Hills store contacted mine to say she had gotten one. They have worked together getting my daughter and myself items since the pandemic started. The two I mentioned are on the east coast and Midwest.

She is a part time seller now, every one wants to be a seller
Feels like everyone is a reseller these days..
I agree, I think unboxings are all fine - no problem. But where the problem lies is when purchases are done and shortly sold -most probably at profit. Or when she keeps buying and selling with fees on top in turn generating not just profit for her but also pushing her up to get more gifts / access to hard to find items with her SAs or contacts. It comes across as opportunist and someone who is not authentic. How can one’s ultimate holy grail item be so easily sold, I won’t be surprised if she sells her chanel mini gold square or even the rectangle mini in caramel at some point. I can’t see her keeping both for sure.. watch this space.
Same with Maria Draganova, every week there is a Chanel unboxing. I used to like her content but when every video is another unboxing is like come on, don't you have any other ideas of content to make? On the other hand I recently discovered Colourful Noir and I love that she puts so much thought before buying something.

Same with Maria Draganova, every week there is a Chanel unboxing. I used to like her content but when every video is another unboxing is like come on, don't you have any other ideas of content to make? On the other hand I recently discovered Colourful Noir and I love that she puts so much thought before buying something.

Exactly, which is why i unsubscribed from Maria Draganova. Everytime i saw she uploaded a new video i was like, “Oh. Shocker. Another unboxing. Unsubscribe.”
She grew and i think has always been boring to me imo and i then figured that she most likely is a reseller and unsubscribe.

This is 100% my feeling too. No one bag or color is so amazing or special that I can't live without it. Something nicer will always come along and I'll like it just as much. There is no unicorn for me. I have no need for a personal shopper for that reason, and the Chanel quality has gone down so badly in recent years that their bags aren't worth the personal shopper fee to me.

This is my experience too and to me is the beauty of Chanel. If I missed out on something there is something I like even more a few seasons later. Torquoise jumbo was nice but I didn't buy it though I thought it was love. Ended up months later with all black Chevron lamb jumbo which is my favourite bag of all time.

This thread makes me grateful for where I am geographically though. I live in the UK and sourcing bags has never been an issue (granted my last purchase was a while ago).

It is a little strange. I kind of want to make sure she is OK psychologically because the only thing she seems to put out there for content is buying more more more.

I haven’t checked posts in a while and wow I have so much to catch up on! I must admit I purchased from resellers before because of items I was unable to find because we don’t have it here locally. It really depends on how much I want to spend over and how badly I want it. So far I have spent close to retail with from the ones I purchased from. Maybe they were not as sought after as the ones that are way overpriced. We all know it, supply and demand it drives up pricing in resale markets.

I have no problem with people consigning bags and selling a person’s stock. I also have no problem with someone sourcing a bag for someone and charging 10% for their fees. This is acceptable if the bag is still available for anyone to buy and I’m using the service for ease. It is NOT ok for these sellers to seem to get multiples of the hardest to find items, take them away from clients who want to buy them and then turn around and sell them for premium. It’s disgusting. The only time I’ve used a reseller was when I didn’t feel like tracking down a bag so I asked her to and international sellers to get me something that was not produced in the US. I have a lovely woman who lives in a state with no tax and just charges normal prices that would be the same for me if I paid tax. But some of these resellers have like 4 Caramel 19 and selling them for $7500 while people are dying for them and my SA is telling me they’re all gone. It’s not fair. The only reason I follow Them is to see what has come out. Also, a lot of the personal sellers avoid the limit because they actually buy it under your name, ship to you and then just charge a fee. Personal shopping is a legit business that helps you find things you want for a service. They are not supposed to take all the merchandise and then sell it to you at a premium price. If someone wants to resell for a higher price, that’s their decision but at least they’ve already spent the money and might have wanted it and decided to sell it later. The personal shoppers just hoard the stock, put them all on reserve and sells it off of them. They’re not investing at all and it just wrong. They’re not small businesses. They’re scalpers. This is just a fancier term for resellers.

I haven’t checked posts in a while and wow I have so much to catch up on! I must admit I purchased from resellers before because of items I was unable to find because we don’t have it here locally. It really depends on how much I want to spend over and how badly I want it. So far I have spent close to retail with from the ones I purchased from. Maybe they were not as sought after as the ones that are way overpriced. We all know it, supply and demand it drives up pricing in resale markets.
See that’s ok. A legit personal shopper tracks down an item for you that you can’t find and uses channels to find them. You could buy it on your own but you choose to pay for a service so you don’t have to deal with finding it. They are not supposed to hoard the stock and then sell it back to you with price gouging. That’s unethical. They basically reserve all the stock so you couldn’t buy it if you wanted to. That’s not right. Like let’s say you’re looking for a perfect black suit. A personal shopper is supposed to source them for you to try and then charge you a fee for their time. They are not supposed to help you find the perfect suit, buy it from out under you and charge you a premium to get it back.

Anyone these days can call themselves a “personal shopper” on instagram when in fact as pointed out they just want to sell for ridiculous prices! But the other issue are those who actually pay ridiculous prices for them! If no one bought them at their asking price these so-called “personal shoppers” will have to drop their asking price but of course they wont do that given the hype over minis and iridescent leathers!

I dont mind spending a bit more over rrp but if you spend thousands over retail it keeps their business running!

Anyone these days can call themselves a “personal shopper” on instagram when in fact as pointed out they just want to sell for ridiculous prices! But the other issue are those who actually pay ridiculous prices for them! If no one bought them at their asking price these so-called “personal shoppers” will have to drop their asking price but of course they wont do that given the hype over minis and iridescent leathers!

I dont mind spending a bit more over rrp but if you spend thousands over retail it keeps their business running!
I never understood the appeal of getting a specific season and color. There are plenty beautiful pinks Chanel had made. The Rose Clair isn’t so special and they’re doing Caramel again.

I agree! Imagine if a reseller bought 10 of the small classic flap, the reseller would have spent about $60-70K! If no one buys the bags, the reseller would be at a loss of $60-70K! If people stop buying from these resellers, they will stop hoarding the bags.