Reference Taking Care of your Prada - PROTECT, CLEAN, REPAIR, etc

I also have a Vela. The scuffs you see in the nylon will not be restorable; the material is likely worn down. That said and FWIW I do find this particular item attractive in its used state and I'm sure there are certain outfits and situations it would look on point in!

I also have a Vela. The scuffs you see in the nylon will not be restorable; the material is likely worn down. That said and FWIW I do find this particular item attractive in its used state and I'm sure there are certain outfits and situations it would look on point in!
Ah I see, thanks!
I think so too actually, the type of rucksack style that it is, it makes sense for it not to look perfect

I got a great little Prada nylon bucket bag from Poshmark and noticed a small white mark on the back of it. I wet a soft cloth and try to wipe the mark off, but after three or four tries, I didn’t notice a difference. I figured I might irritate the fibers if I kept rubbing the same spot. Then I had a thought: what if this “spot“ was actually an abrasion? I grabbed my colored pencils and ran the the black one gently over the spot a few times and it looks much less noticeable now. :smile:

I say live with it and embrace it. Gives it character. Kind of like having wrinkles and gray hair for we Boomers. Proud of everyone of them.
I’m embracing my wrinkles and grey hair with each passing day.. ;)
Wanted to clean up the rust of this particular small size backpack before passing it down to my 8yo niece.

some new bags this season are the brushed leather - any ideas how to treat them (conditioner etc) if they get scratches?
they do look really good when its shiny and new but I worry this would look very scratched up after a while and no idea what products that can use on this type of leather
Not familiar with the term "brushed leather" but a little research later, it seems like it's a very short suede-like nap. I've not seen anything except photos, so I'm curious myself.

Not familiar with the term "brushed leather" but a little research later, it seems like it's a very short suede-like nap. I've not seen anything except photos, so I'm curious myself.

This type of leather is same as the new cleo bag - I wonder if that is same material as patent leather, if that is the case repairing the scratches would be a very difficult task as it needs filler and paint over the scratches and also a painting a layer of enamel at the end (to make the surface shiny)..

This type of leather is same as the new cleo bag - I wonder if that is same material as patent leather, if that is the case repairing the scratches would be a very difficult task as it needs filler and paint over the scratches and also a painting a layer of enamel at the end (to make the surface shiny)..
That's what struck me odd about it. In the photos, it does look like patent leather. In fact when I started seeing the first few of them, I though they were patent leather. That's why "brushed leather" is an odd name, at least to mind.

That's what struck me odd about it. In the photos, it does look like patent leather. In fact when I started seeing the first few of them, I though they were patent leather. That's why "brushed leather" is an odd name, at least to mind.

so today I finally made it to store and looked at the mens brushed leather bags.. and after chatting with SA it is confirmed that brushed leather is same as patent leather and is prone to scratches (as you can see this display bag brushed leather surface already have some light scratches. SA said Prada do not provide ANY services to polish or clean leather........... they only can repair broken stitches or hardware e.g zip/strap issues

As soon as I learnt these information I immediately lost interest in all the brushed leather bags with Prada this season, and then surprise surprise the SA just show me the new improved Brique in saffiano black to me (and only the last one in store). I hated the previous version with leather strap as I find the strap is way too long for my build (with shortest setting its still down my hip) this version of brique comes with canvas strap with very short adjustment which is excellent. This improved version also has 1 less D ring and 1 less zip compartment which I don't mind. Even though I prefer brown colour as I have many black bags already I still pulled the trigger as there has been another price increase already so if I am not buying it now likely there will be another 20% up this year or next.

Today I got the black saffinao new brique for 2021. YAY. The SA even gave me a big booklet with the Raf Simon X Prada Womensware runway catalog the book is sooo beautifully made.

IMG-8077.jpg

IMG-8100.jpg

IMG-8103.jpg

so today I finally made it to store and looked at the mens brushed leather bags.. and after chatting with SA it is confirmed that brushed leather is same as patent leather and is prone to scratches (as you can see this display bag brushed leather surface already have some light scratches. SA said Prada do not provide ANY services to polish or clean leather........... they only can repair broken stitches or hardware e.g zip/strap issues

As soon as I learnt these information I immediately lost interest in all the brushed leather bags with Prada this season, and then surprise surprise the SA just show me the new improved Brique in saffiano black to me (and only the last one in store). I hated the previous version with leather strap as I find the strap is way too long for my build (with shortest setting its still down my hip) this version of brique comes with canvas strap with very short adjustment which is excellent. This improved version also has 1 less D ring and 1 less zip compartment which I don't mind. Even though I prefer brown colour as I have many black bags already I still pulled the trigger as there has been another price increase already so if I am not buying it now likely there will be another 20% up this year or next.

Today I got the black saffinao new brique for 2021. YAY. The SA even gave me a big booklet with the Raf Simon X Prada Womensware runway catalog the book is sooo beautifully made.

View attachment 4979573

View attachment 4979574

View attachment 4979575
The saffiano Brique is infinitely nicer. Can't believe (well, yes, I can believe) that Prada is selling damaged goods right out on the shelf.