Reference Taking Care of your Prada - PROTECT, CLEAN, REPAIR, etc

Has anyone had anything like this type of mark show up on saffiano leather? the snap is on the other side. I tried a leather cleaner and conditioner but it didn’t help. Any handbag repair places to suggest? IMG_6085.JPG

Any suggestion on how to clean up the rusty hardware from the nylon *haversack? Or should I just bring it back to Prada for replacement at a fee?

*Vintage
A silver or jewelry polishing cloth is what I use to clean up metal pieces on my bags. They're cheap and work like a charm. If it's a vintage item Prada's not going to do anything.

Reactions: chvdtn and vicki_en
Has anyone had anything like this type of mark show up on saffiano leather? the snap is on the other side. I tried a leather cleaner and conditioner but it didn’t help. Any handbag repair places to suggest? View attachment 4294530

OH>>>shyte...what a mess. This looks like oil (hand cream, body lotion etc) which has rubbed from your hand onto the leather as you press the snap shut. Probably irreversible too. You could ask a bag spa or high end leather restorer about it. They MIGHT have a solution.

Won't hurt to try. If it's that bad, you may just have to live with it.
Any suggestion on how to clean up the rusty hardware from the nylon *haversack? Or should I just bring it back to Prada for replacement at a fee?

*Vintage

Hi, I tried the jewelry cloth it worked to a certain extent, but the inside of the zipper is still bad.. but my bag isn’t vintage I got it in 2013 maybe.. do you have any other tips ? Thanks!

Attachments

• 3D2F719C-89CD-411A-A2F1-D8262974E39C.jpeg
    3D2F719C-89CD-411A-A2F1-D8262974E39C.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 26
Hi, I tried the jewelry cloth it worked to a certain extent, but the inside of the zipper is still bad.. but my bag isn’t vintage I got it in 2013 maybe.. do you have any other tips ? Thanks!

Yes, this tip: it's not worth obsessing about. Enjoy your bag. It's going to show wear and tear no matter how much it's handled with TLC.

Reactions: IntheOcean
Hi all, I just purchased a second hand Prada giardiniera tote. The inside has a few whitish marks and the outside of the bag has dust on it. The previous owner had placed this bag on a shelf instead of using the dust bag to protect it.

Any ideas as to how to remove the marks from this fabric tote and take the dust off? I’m thinking a lint roller but would love to know any better suggestions.
Thank you x