*BUYING* on Poshmark

Hi everyone! I recently sold an item on posh and since it was over $500 I had to ship it to poshmark authenticate
This was a Chanel large zip wallet that sold for $1050

I’m a little worried because on the tracking it’s showing that it’s been out for delivery since December 7th and the tracking hasn’t updated since then:wtf: it still says “out for delivery”
Should I be worried? Is it lost? What will poshmark do with my funds?
Not an amount I’m willing to just lose :tdown:

Hi,
Can anyone tell me a reputable Cartier authenticater? Anyone have issues with Poshmark not accepting a return request?

I purchased a pair of yellow gold Cartier love stud earrings and when I got them the inside of the earring backs are a brassy copper color. See photo below. I filed a claim but Poshmark says that their authenticators have found the earrings authentic and denied my claim.

I filed a second claim stating that there was undisclosed damage/the item was not as described and they gave me $100 Posh credits and closed my case. Now I'm stuck with $1000 what I am pretty sure are fake earrings.

631386E4-D96E-455D-B465-911B0EB6BCD4.jpeg

4934F6E9-6E89-4A60-A670-15BAD0972597.jpeg

13BCFECC-39BB-46D9-9B7E-FD28F003668E.jpeg

Get them authenticated by a third party authenticator and submit that as proof. Poshmark has to refund you if they really aren't authentic, because it's illegal to sell counterfeit goods in the US. If they refuse after you've gotten the item authenticated, you should dispute the charge with your credit card or PayPal (depending on how you paid) and also file a claim with the US gov - https://www.stopfakes.gov/Fake-Imports-Entering-the-US

Get them authenticated by a third party authenticator and submit that as proof. Poshmark has to refund you if they really aren't authentic, because it's illegal to sell counterfeit goods in the US. If they refuse after you've gotten the item authenticated, you should dispute the charge with your credit card or PayPal (depending on how you paid) and also file a claim with the US gov - https://www.stopfakes.gov/Fake-Imports-Entering-the-US
Do you know a good authenticator to use? Thank you.

Hi,
Can anyone tell me a reputable Cartier authenticater? Anyone have issues with Poshmark not accepting a return request?

I purchased a pair of yellow gold Cartier love stud earrings and when I got them the inside of the earring backs are a brassy copper color. See photo below. I filed a claim but Poshmark says that their authenticators have found the earrings authentic and denied my claim.

I filed a second claim stating that there was undisclosed damage/the item was not as described and they gave me $100 Posh credits and closed my case. Now I'm stuck with $1000 what I am pretty sure are fake earrings.

View attachment 5129498

View attachment 5129499

View attachment 5129500
Don't panic gold does change color. But get it authenticated. Let us know what happens.

Why not take them to your local jeweler and have the backs tested? If they're gold you'll know it's just tarnish. Takes about 10 seconds to test gold.

Poshmark's authenticators are the last people I'd trust to verify an expensive and hard-to-vet item! I've seen too many mistakes.

I use authenticate4U and have had jewelry verified but having just checked the site, it appears they don't do Cartier. (It won't hurt to ask through their Facebook page whether they might be able to help.)

If you aren't able to find a third party, perhaps if payment was made with a credit card, you can file a dispute through your c.c. card protection. They may require you to return the earrings to the seller/or site but if it's the difference between being stuck with something you can't authenticate.

And if you have a contact person at PM to contact and threaten a credit card dispute, they may just offer to take them back to avoid the chargeback hit.

Reactions: lulu212121
I don't, but you could ask for authenticator recommendations in the Carrier forum https://forum.purseblog.com/forums/cartier.301/

But if you're concerned that the gold isn't real, any jeweler should be able to test the gold content of the earrings.

To be clear, I was suggesting going to the Cartier forum to ask for people's recommendations for a paid authenticator. I don't think it'd be useful to authenticate jewelry over the internet, since the gold content is basically the most important part, so ideally it'd be a local shop! :smile: